• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pichu is about as realistic as my super model girlfriend.

Last edited:

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
There are very few "big name" characters left right now.

In a few years time, there will be plenty of distinguished characters from new games to choose from.

These things will work themselves out.

Support who you want and have a damn good time doing it - that's how I do it~ :3

This message should go to out to every all of communities concerning the fighter suggestion box.

As for being invested in characters I support, it's all for fun and speculations(Go, Corrin and Daisy!). If it weren't for this event and my curiousitynfor what characters other people want, I probably wouldn't have joined Smashboards at all or until later. You guys are wonderful for all these discussions and threads. Every advice on what to choose characters for, every moment to learn about the video game characters, the ideal playstyles and gimmicks, and everything else productive here. Again, you're wonderful people. I think I'd like to stay around after the golden period for Smash 4 DLC fighters is over.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Good thread-layout, don't like the moveset.
Needs more pumping.
My reason for that is, when I was making the moveset I thought of Pac-man and how he is pretty much is the embodiment of his series. Meaning that he doesn't just chomp on people but he summons the ghosts, fruit, ect. So I thought that Taizo should be more or less the same way. The pumping is a star but it's not all that Did Dug/Mr.Driller is.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
You missed the point. Bruce Wayne and Batman, although the same person, both act very differently. Just like Sheik and Zelda
No. I get the point. I agree that Sheik and Zelda are distinct playable units in Smash Bros. If you define a character that way, then fine, they are different characters. But Sheik is just Zelda in a costume, so not discrete characters in any real sense. And the Batman analogy fails for me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No. I get the point. I agree that Sheik and Zelda are distinct playable units in Smash Bros. If you define a character that way, then fine, they are different characters. But Sheik is just Zelda in a costume, so not discrete characters in any real sense. And the Batman analogy fails for me.
Sheik is Zelda in a costume
Batman is Bruce Wayne in a costume
Both are VIP (uber rich and princess) that disguise themselves to stop evil, even though Sheik didn't do nearly as much as Batman has in some comics alone.
Besides, 2 Marios and 2 Samus

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is Zelda in a costume
Batman is Bruce Wayne in a costume
Both are VIP (uber rich and princess) that disguise themselves to stop evil, even though Sheik didn't do nearly as much as Batman has in some comics alone.
Besides, 2 Marios and 2 Samus
I understand the comparison. I disagree with the idea of them as separate characters. That's all.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
They are seperate characters. On the roster. The only thing that matters

I JUST REALIZED WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ZELDA AND BATMAN IN THE SAME ROOM! ZELDA IS BATMAN! BOTH ARE TITULAR CHARACTERS AND THEIR ALLIES WEAR GREEN SKIRTS/TIGHTS
Then why would you try and defend a Batman analogy? He's not on the roster, nor is Bruce Wayne. I already said they are separate playable units in SSB4, and if that's how you define character, yes, they are separate characters. But in general terms, they aren't, and neither are Bruce Wayne and Batman.

And actually, in a psychological sense, Bruce Wayne is more often depicted as the "costume".

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Then why would you try and defend a Batman analogy? He's not on the roster, nor is Bruce Wayne. I already said they are separate playable units in SSB4, and if that's how you define character, yes, they are separate. But in general terms, they aren't, and neither are Bruce Wayne and Batman.

And actually, in a psychological sense, Bruce Wayne is more often depicted as the "costume".
I was pointing out that the analogy worked as both characters are very similar OR OUTRIGHT THE SAME YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111!
In all seriousness, we just treat them as seperate character because they are in Smash, that's all, if Batman and Bruce Wayne were seperate characters in Injustice or something the same would apply

THEN THE REAL ZELDA IS SHEIK! MY GOD!

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Know who we need to talk more about?
Ridley
Savvy Stylist
I did not go out of my way to find and buy Trendsetters to let this pass by

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Know who we need to talk more about?
Ridley
Savvy Stylist
I did not go out of my way to find and buy Trendsetters to let this pass by
Honestly, she's incredibly unlikely, but I genuinely hope she becomes the new WFT, as in, the character that no one expects. I really don't wear feminine clothing, but honestly, Style Boutique (Suck it Muricans!) would be great, thanks for giving me the idea

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Honestly, she's incredibly unlikely, but I genuinely hope she becomes the new WFT, as in, the character that no one expects. I really don't wear feminine clothing, but honestly, Style Boutique (Suck it Muricans!) would be great, thanks for giving me the idea
The ideal Rival for her is the Inklings
Doesn't Matter if the ink dissolves after awhile, getting that on clothes of a Fashion Model will drive her nuts

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
yes please :3
Purple Space Dragons are the best kind of Dragons
There needs to be a playable one in some sort of 2-D fighting games only on wiiU and 3DS

Pakky

Smash Hero
Purple Space Dragons are the best kind of Dragons
There needs to be a playable one in some sort of 2-D fighting games only on wiiU and 3DS
With the ballot results I wonder if so much encouragment towards said dragon would convince the Mossy Hero Samurai to find a way for him to work in game. I still say he was lying, he acts like there isn't a big flying dragon on the roster already

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Sakurai: We decide to make Ridley playable in these games. He won't be in future installments so you have to suck it
I could live with that, then I'll turn into one of those asshats who constantly claims Melee is the best Smash Despite Everything
Only with this Smash because it has Ridley playable and that makes it way better

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It's pretty obvious you're never played a Metroid game.

People LOOOOOOOATHE Adam.
People hating on a character like that only means a severe case of BIAS to me. Adam is pretty much in third place for importance in the Metroid series, and I highly doubt they'd skip him over like they would Slippy Toad or Chrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom