• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yugioh reference. Also big 4 is dumb it is just Big 3
Actually, it was only one person who called it "Big 4." I hate the term myself. I'm fine with including a bunch of popular characters in a social forum to discuss potential DLC opportunities, but I don't think some arbitrary term should be used. Isaac is popular, but he's not nearly popular enough to match up with K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo. Oracle Summon is the one who came up with the name.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
We she should combine our threads into one mega character thread for maximum control, organization, and friendliness. No flame wars ever will break out and we will instantly agree with each other's opinions as a result of posting under one thread, supporting one group of highly requested characters (Krystal, Dixie, Sceptile etc).

Are you adulting me?! OFC I'M HYPED GREEN HAIR!:4palutena:
Much eggcelent!:4yoshi:
Good. You agree. I'm eggspecially glad you squeezed in that Yoshi pun at the last seggond.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
We she should combine our threads into one mega character thread for maximum control, organization, and friendliness. No flame wars ever will break out and we will instantly agree with each other's opinions as a result of posting under one thread, supporting one group of highly requested characters (Krystal, Dixie, Sceptile etc).
I was thinking that, but atm people are just kinda doing some hype 3,4,and 5 threads. A big thread would be easier for people to keep track of their most wanted characters.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I was thinking that, but atm people are just kinda doing some hype 3,4,and 5 threads. A big thread would be easier for people to keep track of their most wanted characters.
Def. Should be easier on the mods too, because instead of lurking on separate threads to hand infracts, they have all the fishes in the barrel right there.

Could this idea get any better?! :kirby:

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Got an email with Smash Demo codes! So far, Mario seems REALLY good! He's much faster compared to Brawl it seems.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

Good. You agree. I'm eggspecially glad you squeezed in that Yoshi pun at the last seggond.
I never eggsactly said I eggree. To put a stop to these puns though, you're forgetting the very prominent much-needed Black Shadow in your highly requested list of fighters. For the most part I'm down to merge multiple threads into one megazord thread for all of your said factors above.
Im curious, I wonder who will be in and when the last smash trailer will be released.
The very last? Oh gosh I don't wanna think about the very last smash trailer ever. :urg: Idk if I can wait that many years.
I'm throwing myself out there & going with a based random number of totaling 60 slots 12 x 5 dimension roster. I don't wanna say who. Adding the DLC in the total ofc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This roster is horrible Sakurai quit your job 0/10 moar Mewtwo and Ridley next time

I like the roster. A lot. Here are my rankings:

God Greninja Tier:4greninja:
5/5:4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4bowser:(He counts, right?):4villager::4megaman:Dark:4pit::058::4bowser:Jr.:4pacman::4lucina::drmario:
4/5
3/5
2/5:4littlemac:
1/5:4palutena:
0/5:4wiifit::4mii:
Only a few duds. Who coincidentally are some of the more popular characters on the boards, and some of my favorites are hated here.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I never eggsactly said I eggree. To put a stop to these puns though, you're forgetting the very prominent much-needed Black Shadow in your highly requested list of fighters. For the most part I'm down to merge multiple threads into one megazord thread for all of your said factors above.
I meant you agreed with my character selection, and Black Shadow? Literally who?!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm CST, so it's 3:00 PM for me. I got anhour to burn.

Indeed I did. Absitively posolutely. Oh my bad, I'm a clutz, I meant Dark Shadow.:4sonic:
Shadow isn't enough? We have to have a Dark version of that character? :S inb4EvilDarkPit

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't exactly consider Dr. Mario (if that is what you are referring to) to be a newcomer character since I believe he is more of a returning character as he was in Melee but not Brawl.
True, I keep forgetting that, thanks! BTW what the heck is that pic you have on your Forum Card? It looks like something from a bootlegged Pokemon game. (I shall call it HokeyMon) :p

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Sorry in advance if I get off the current topic.

It's beyond ridiculous the amount of denial and anger from the Ridley supporters. They keep on blaming Sakurai for "teasing" Ridley, while for me, he's been confirmed to be a boss ever since the April Direct.

Who are the ones to blame here? The Director? The delusional fans?

All this is so infectious that I'm actually believing that there is going to be more characters in the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Wait, what?
If you are a club nintendo member at a platinum status, you got download codes for the smash brothers demo today.

The demo only plays battlefield. Two Minute Timed Matches

And the only characters you can play as are Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man.

Mega Man and Villager being new, I tried them. Both are a lot of fun.

I definitely believe when we buy the wii U version we'll get Ice Climbers by linking to the wii u with that wii u button on smash brothers. I know we can definitely use our 3DS systems as controllers that way.

Also, any word from the japanese gamers if they've unlocked anyone who wasn't leaked?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If you are a club nintendo member at a platinum status, you got download codes for the smash brothers demo today.

The demo only plays battlefield. Two Minute Timed Matches

And the only characters you can play as are Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, and Mega Man.

Mega Man and Villager being new, I tried them. Both are a lot of fun.

I definitely believe when we buy the wii U version we'll get Ice Climbers by linking to the wii u with that wii u button on smash brothers. I know we can definitely use our 3DS systems as controllers that way.

Also, any word from the japanese gamers if they've unlocked anyone who wasn't leaked?
Huh. Well that sucks for me. I almost got Platinum. Ah well, I can wait.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's beyond ridiculous the amount of denial and anger from the Ridley supporters. They keep on blaming Sakurai for "teasing" Ridley, while for me, he's been confirmed to be a boss ever since the April Direct.

All this is so infectious that I'm actually believing that there is going to be more characters in the Wii U version.
This is what happens when you ride too much on the so called "Shadow Theory"

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
Shadow isn't enough? We have to have a Dark version of that character? :S inb4EvilDarkPit
Evil / Kinda Sorta Bad But More Good Some of the Time doppelgangers eh?...

Mega Man = Bass (Could argue Proto Man...)
Pac-Man = Pac-Devil (EXTREMELY Obscure)
Sonic = Shadow (A.K.A Original The Character: DO NOT STEAL), Metal Sonic

Mario.... = Wario, Metal Mario (Since Mario Kart 7), Shadow Mario, Robo Mario (look it up), Cosmic Mario, Cosmic Clone Mario. (I Gave up after that...)

I don't know what you guys are talking about so this means nothing to the thread, I just wanted to point this out for randomness sake.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well Shadow is a confirmed AT, so we could use Dark Shadow. Not evil either, just struggles with doing the right thing. Anti-hero-style.:urg:
Ever since Knuckles stopped being his comically greedy anti-hero self, he's been the brunt of a lotta jokes. It doesn't pay to be good anymore.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
This is what happens when you ride too much on the so called "Shadow Theory"
You mean his shadow shown on the Direct, right? Then yeah, it's just ridiculous.

I know I'm asking the impossible for the fandom here, but I wish everyone would just stop doing wild guesses until something official is confirmed.

Having said that, even if I'm accepting the roster, it doesn't means I love it. The clones -particularly Dark Pit and Lucina- bother me, since they're just over-representing their respective franchises. With Palutena and Robin was enough.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i noticed the final roster could actually fit Wolf beside falco perfectly, sam thing if you add mewtwo beside greninja. just add rob beside ness

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

The main issue is, every other character got deconfirmed right away and officially shown off what their role is. Even if it was obvious. Ridley was teased as a stage boss, but nothing more was said on it. I saw it, I was expecting Sakurai to show off Ridley within a week or two, and that'd be the end of it. The fact that he didn't is asinine, and that's what made people suspect that maybe he was just hiding Ridley. ESPECIALLY due to the lack of Pyrosphere at E3. That really killed it. He was clearly hiding SOMETHING, and there's no way it was an unfinished Ridley (Ridley would've been finished long before).

Why is Ridley always the exception? (And no, I'm not a massive huge Ridley fan, but I do believe Ridley was handled EXTREMELY poorly.)

i noticed the final roster could actually fit Wolf beside falco perfectly, sam thing if you add mewtwo beside greninja. just add rob beside ness
Of course it could. We've known that ever since we saw the leaked roster.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
The main issue is, every other character got deconfirmed right away and officially shown off what their role is. Even if it was obvious. Ridley was teased as a stage boss, but nothing more was said on it. I saw it, I was expecting Sakurai to show off Ridley within a week or two, and that'd be the end of it. The fact that he didn't is asinine, and that's what made people suspect that maybe he was just hiding Ridley. ESPECIALLY due to the lack of Pyrosphere at E3. That really killed it. He was clearly hiding SOMETHING, and there's no way it was an unfinished Ridley (Ridley would've been finished long before).

Why is Ridley always the exception? (And no, I'm not a massive huge Ridley fan, but I do believe Ridley was handled EXTREMELY poorly.)
Then the solution would have been to say "Okay, Ridley is a boss. Sorry!". If you put it that way, you're right. Still, that doesn't justify the whole rage from the rabid fans.

Well, like they say, this is why we can't have nice things.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Then the solution would have been to say "Okay, Ridley is a boss. Sorry!". If you put it that way, you're right. Still, that doesn't justify the whole rage from the rabid fans.

Well, like they say, this is why we can't have nice things.
Exactly my point. They had six months to say that, six months. It should've been announced within a few weeks. And the shadow still looks more like a Playable Ridley than anything (of course, so does the Winged Man in Magicant).

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Evil / Kinda Sorta Bad But More Good Some of the Time doppelgangers eh?...

Mega Man = Bass (Could argue Proto Man...)
Pac-Man = Pac-Devil (EXTREMELY Obscure)
Sonic = Shadow (A.K.A Original The Character: DO NOT STEAL), Metal Sonic

Mario.... = Wario, Metal Mario (Since Mario Kart 7), Shadow Mario, Robo Mario (look it up), Cosmic Mario, Cosmic Clone Mario. (I Gave up after that...)

I don't know what you guys are talking about so this means nothing to the thread, I just wanted to point this out for randomness sake.

Not to mention:
Link - Shadow Link, that guy at the end of Link Between Worlds I don't want to say for spoilers.
Pit - Dark Pit
Luigi - Waluigi
Pikachu - Raichu (Or Dedenne, Or Pichu, or Pachirisu, or Electabuzz)
Jigglypuff - Clefairy (Though I think Jigglypuff is the sinister version)
Meta Knight - Galactica Knight. Or Dark Matter
Kirby - Shadow Kirby... or Meta Knight
Dedede - Shadow Dedede
Captain Falcon - Blood Falcon
Peach - .....Wapeach? Daisy?
Dr. Mario - Dr. Luigi (with Death Stare Rx)
Villager - Tom Nook. The worst villain in video games.
Bowser - Dry Bowser. Bowletta. Dark Star Fused Bowser from Inside Story.
Little Mac - The guy from the SNES game!
Zelda - Hilda, Princess of Lorule
Ganondorf - Yuga.
Rosalina - Walina... Give it time.
Yoshi - Boshi, Birdo, Reaper Yoshi (The Grim Reaper's skeletal dinosaur steed with a living tongue. I may have made him up)
Fox - Wolf
Falco - Leon? Katt? Dash?
Lucario - Mewtwo. Granted this only makes sense cause of Smash Brothers. Really Pawniard or Gallade are the dark or opposite versions of Lucario.

I'm sure I'm forgetting characters, but it matters not. Lots of dopplegangers.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Guys... I really cannot believe Nintendo is doing this code thing to make everyone beg for a Nintendo code to play this demo.
I feel so forlorn! I wish I had more friends with this code.

But dont worry Kid Icarus fans and Fire Emblem fans are very happy..
I seem to see most Fire Emblem fans complain about the ever ridiculous notions of Roy and Chrom.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Guys... I really cannot believe Nintendo is doing this code thing to make everyone beg for a Nitendo code to play this demo.
I feel so forlorn! I wish I had more friends with this code.

I seem to see most Fire Emblem afns complain about the ever ridiculous notions of Roy and Marth.
I just see a ton of people who's waifu's are Lucina and the niche folks who wanted Robin praise this roster to death.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I just see a ton of people who's waifu's are Lucina and the niche folks who wanted Robin praise this roster to death.
You're only sour because Robin's not your husbando. (✿◠‿◠)

edit: This roaster is grate. Stop hating on it because it doesn't have 5 million star fox characters and 2 billion dk characters! No one cares about a bunch of monkeys and space animals! Sorry I'm being mean and biased, but this needed to be said!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom