• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I can understand putting Uprising content in, but JHC, there's a limit. The series has more enemies in Smash Run than even Mario.

I can agree that Bowser needed a revamp as well. When you picked Bowser in Melee, the game just laughed. I appreciate his overhaul, but is it really too much to ask to fix his voice as well?
Agreed. Additionally, having three reps when certain series such as DK and Metroid only have two reps seems extremely unfair. I probably don't have to mention this knowing that such topics have likely been done for ages, but it does seem odd nonetheless.

Also Bowser's voice really does need to reflect off the Mario series moreso than some muffled variation of Godzilla (as it sounds to me personally). I appreciate Donkey Kong's voice (as it's similar to DK's voice in the DKC games), but Bowser really needs a voice change now.

I'm truly am curious as to how Bowser Jr. will sound now in Smash knowing that Bowser still has the same voice from the previous Smash games.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Do not cut megaman and greninja. Absolutely not. Not my fav pokemon and my childhood hero. Never. Cut mario, luigi, peach, bowser, link, the rest of the original 12 and rob. Take them instead. Please understand.
Excuse me, what?:glare:
I can't tell if you guys think I'm kidding. But yeah, Ice Climbers should be in before them. Especially Greninja.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Excuse me, what?:glare:
Disregard him, he obviously doesn't get that rosaluma is a BETTER version if the ice climbers. In all seriousness, I'll miss the ice climbers, but getting rid of so many newcomers for them is absurd, especially when they offer more than ice climbers can

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Ghetsis as a pokemon trainer alt:troll:
Would love it. The villains are always my favorite Pokemon NPCs.

To be fair, the move-set is subject to change. I do believe that we are being a little hasty operating under the assumption that he has "no changes." Did we see all of his normals in the game-play footage? No. In that event, it is not objectively true as of current. Even if we did see all of his attacks return, I would defer to my first point, the game-play footage is not necessarily what we are going to get in the final build.
It's quite possible that he's been changed, especially since the game was rated a few months ago. My main worry comes from the fact that the few normals we did see from him appear to aesthetically unchanged. Doesn't bode well overall.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
How about this guys, what if you can add more stuff to the game, but you have to wait until the beginning of the next year to play the 3DS version, the Wii U version gets delayed even further, because the game gets delayed?

Would you do it?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm truly am curious as to how Bowser Jr. will sound now in Smash knowing that Bowser still has the same voice from the previous Smash games.
That never even crossed my mind. If he has his regular voice, yet Bowser is still going all kaiju on us, that'll be really awkward.

How about this guys, what if you can add more stuff to the game, but you have to wait until the beginning of the next year to play the 3DS version, the Wii U version gets delayed even further, because the game gets delayed?

Would you do it?
In a heartbeat. Been waiting three years, I can wait a little longer, especially if it means an overall more pleasing game.

Morbi

Scavenger
Disregard him, he obviously doesn't get that rosaluma is a BETTER version if the ice climbers. In all seriousness, I'll miss the ice climbers, but getting rid of so many newcomers for them is absurd, especially when they offer more than ice climbers can
It depends. I would sacrifice every single newcomer on the roster for Dark Pit's inclusion. Sometimes you cannot deny one of your favorite characters. Ice Climbers must mean a lot to him.
:popo:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889

Would you do it?
I would add Freddy, slender man, shrek, groose, notch, red robin, light pit, deep pit, shallow pit, med student mario, n, Reyn, master chief as all new unique characters, then Ridley as a charizard clone

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Are you really saying that Mario deserves to get seven characters while Ice Climber loses ALL representation? I think its really dumb that a classic character from Nintendo who has been in the Smash series since 2001 should be considered worse than a character who is younger than the Gamecube.

Ice Climbers are more deserving than all the characters I mentioned except for maybe Duck Hunt and Little Mac.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Are you really saying that Mario deserves to get seven characters while Ice Climber loses ALL representation? I think its really dumb that a classic character from Nintendo who has been in the Smash series since 2001 should be considered worse than a character who is younger than the Gamecube.
Loses all representation. They have the polar bear in smash run

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Honestly, the only one of those I would cut is Dark Pit. To hell with that guy.
Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Ice Climbers are more deserving than all the characters I mentioned except for maybe Duck Hunt and Little Mac.
You have to remember, they're only being cut due to technical limitations. But yes, a cat turd is more deserving than Dark Pit. Wolf and Lucas are ESPECIALLY more deserving than Dark Pit.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It depends. I would sacrifice every single newcomer on the roster for Dark Pit's inclusion. Sometimes you cannot deny one of your favorite characters. Ice Climbers must mean a lot to him.

I could. As badly as I want Ridley, Isaac, and King K. Rool, I cannot and will not cut other characters for their inclusion especially if it is these newcomers:

:4littlemac:
:4villager:
:4megaman:
:4shulk:

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Honestly, the only one of those I would cut is Dark Pit. To hell with that guy.
If he's a clone, put him back in that mirror. If not, then I would be happy with his inclusion. And I get your unhappy that the ice climbers may be gone and mario gets 7 reps, but we should look at the underprivileged metroid and kd fans now and hope for the best for all of them, including ice climbers. But rosalina is better imo. Rosalina=waifu

Last edited:

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Ah, the potential axing of the Ice Climbers...

I really hope it's not true. I truly don't want to believe it. I've used the Ice Climbers as my primary characters since Melee and I absolutely adored their game as a kid. It truly would be a great loss to me if they're cut.

I sure hope they're added as DLC if this proves to be the case... :(

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
It's not that I even play them that much, or even love there game. It's just that it's not Smash without the Climbers. Had they not been in Brawl, I'd probably be okay with them gone (honestly I thought it was crazy they were in Brawl). But once you've been in at least two Smash games (Melee and Brawl mean around 13 years of Smash) you mean something to the franchise, and should stay for good.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Ice Cilmbers are more deserving than Dark Pit? Talk about a paradox.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Considering that the Ice Climbers are the only playable characters representing their series, then yes I would think so. If Dark Pit is gone, then Pit and Palutena will carry on to showcase the Kid Icarus Uprising series.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
I think that dark pit probably shouldn't be playable, and ice climbers are much more deserving, dark
Pit is definitely an interesting choice, especially if he was initially planned.
Ice climbers will be missed, even if I didn't really like how they played, it just won't be the same without them.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I think that dark pit probably shouldn't be playable, and ice climbers are much more deserving, dark
Pit is definitely an interesting choice, especially if he was initially planned.
Dark Pit is an interesting choice, even more interesting than the Ice Climbers, I would wager.

Considering that the Ice Climbers are the only playable characters representing their series, then yes I would think so. If Dark Pit is gone, then Pit and Palutena will carry on to showcase the Kid Icarus Uprising series.
It is not about representing the series though, it is about that characters inclusion. As someone else stated, there will still be Ice Climbers content. You do not "need" a character to represent a series. Dark Pit is not just another Kid Icarus character, he is Dark Pit.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Dark Pit is an interesting choice, even more interesting than the Ice Climbers, I would wager.

It is not about representing the series though, it is about that characters inclusion. As someone else stated, there will still be Ice Climbers content. You do not "need" a character to represent a series. Dark Pit is not just another Kid Icarus character, he is Dark Pit.
He's just another Pit. That's even worse.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ice Climbers have been in the Smash Franchise for 13 years, and have been in two of the games. They are the main characters from a classic NES game. They also added a very original play style to the series.

Dark Pit, has never been in a smash game before (except as a palate swap BEFORE he was even a character), will most likely be a clone, isn't the main character from his game, isn't from the classic entry from his series, and will more likely than not never be seen in another game unless a new developer picks up the franchise. He won't be remembered 20 years after Uprising.

Bottom Line is that Dark Pit brings practically nothing with him. Not even history. He's a lazy choice, and doesn't deserve to be playable.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Still, a playable character is the best inclusion a series can get in Smash. Taking them out, but leaving their content would be insulting, it would be like taking out Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889

I agree with that you don't need a character to represent a series, such as animal crossing in brawl. I do expect ice climbers to be some sort of dlc though, and other cut characters to be along with them. If you could add any character that has 0 chance of being playable in, who would it be?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ice Climbers have been in the Smash Franchise for 13 years, and have been in two of the games. They are the main characters from a classic NES game. They also added a very original play style to the series.

Dark Pit, has never been in a smash game before (except as a palate swap BEFORE he was even a character), will most likely be a clone, isn't the main character from his game, isn't from the classic entry from his series, and will more likely than not never be seen in another game unless a new developer picks up the franchise. He won't be remembered 20 years after Uprising.

Bottom Line is that Dark Pit brings practically nothing with him. Not even history. He's a lazy choice, and doesn't deserve to be playable.
That is not true, I will remember Dark Pit twenty years after Uprising. :c

Still, a playable character is the best inclusion a series can get in Smash. Taking them out, but leaving their content would be insulting, it would be like taking out Captain Falcon.
True. However, we must remember, if Ice Climbers are indeed cut, it is for a good reason. Sakurai did not maliciously remove them.

He's just another Pit. That's even worse.
Not necessarily, "worse," but I suppose the notion is subjective.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
That is not true, I will remember Dark Pit twenty years after Uprising. :c

True. However, we must remember, if Ice Climbers are indeed cut, it is for a good reason. Sakurai did not maliciously remove them.

Not necessarily, "worse," but I suppose the notion is subjective.
No it's not for a good reason. They'd be removed since the 3DS can't handle them, and Sakurai doesn't have the guts to make them Wii U exclusives. He was too much of a wimp to not reveal Dark Pit since he knew how many people would rage over it.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Though I still don't understand the notion that Ice Climbers being more deserving than Dark Pit is paradox.
It is a paradox because I do not agree. ;)

I agree with that you don't need a character to represent a series, such as animal crossing in brawl. I do expect ice climbers to be some sort of dlc though, and other cut characters to be along with them. If you could add any character that has 0 chance of being playable in, who would it be?
Isabelle from Animal Crossing. I fell in love with her character quite recently and it saddens me that she is relegated to assist trophy status.

Gre ninja'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2965-0889
Let's get off the dark pit discussion and discuss something else, I remember how heated the arguments could be, so why not shift over to maybe a second possible retro, such as Mach rider, or maybe a really obscure character be in the last few characters remaining. @ Morbi Morbi Isabelle is my choice also, I would rather have her than Killager.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It is a paradox because I do not agree. ;)
Well ain't that the comment of the hour. :lick:

Let's get off the dark pit discussion and discuss something else, I remember how heated the arguments could be, so why not shift over to maybe a second possible retro, such as Mach rider, or maybe a really obscure character be in the last few characters remaining.
How obscure are we talking here?

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Let's get off the dark pit discussion and discuss something else, I remember how heated the arguments could be, so why not shift over to maybe a second possible retro, such as Mach rider, or maybe a really obscure character be in the last few characters remaining
It's Ridley/King K, Mewtwo, Wolf, and Ice Climbers. If it isn't those four then I'm done with Nintendo.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
It would be my wishful thinking to have Geno in the game.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Viridi or Ashley would be the best. Lyn would be kind of cool but I'd prefer the 1% chance Micaiah and .1% Astrid, Elincia, Mia, Illyana, Jill, and Sanaki.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom