• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm gonna continue some of my analysis here where you guys can see it. Seeing as @adom4 and I have been playing in person for the past 5 hours, I'm going to give some impressions on the Ganny MU to kick off with:

:4ganondorf: versus :4ness: is really interesting. One of Ganon's better top tier MUs, Ness has to play really honestly and respect all of Ganon's AC windows (oh my gawd there are so many). The issue here comes about when Ness gets a grab. At early or even mid percents, Ness can Dthrow to Fair chain ganon off-stage, and this is a really bad position for the king of evil to be in, because he has almost no answer to PKT as an edge-guarding tool. Lacking mobility and super armour (outside of customs but we'll get into that), he can take so much damage from PKT alone, whether he's actually trying to get to the ledge, or get from the ledge to on-stage, PKT can loop around so fast for him that Ganon will often be taking 20% or more every time he's off-stage. This means Ness gets so much reward off each and every grab, to the point where he can out-dps Ganon with a good read in neutral. Ness can often even just go in and Bair or Nair for a stage spike or in the worst case scenario, put Ganondorf too far out to even hope to come back. With customs, Dark fists means he can get to the ledge easier but still struggles to get back onto the stage, and drop-kick doesn't really do much for him that default doesn't aside from making sure he gets back to the stage (which isn't the issue, it's the fact that he's taking 20+% in the process) as it's almost as punishable in neutral (if you're grabbing Ganny then it makes no difference). That being said, Ganny has his own mean strings and edge-guards Ness offstage really well (especially if we don't have our DJ). Failing to win in footsies costs a lot, but surprisingly enough, if you respect Ganon enough, his kill options can become... well, kind of limited. In most of our games I was living to well over 100% by respecting Ganon's setups and kill moves (Flame choke ---> stuff I alternated teching and rolling, Fair I'd do a multitude of things against such as get my own Fair in quickly, or just respect it, Ganon has hilariously short grab range, Usmash I just respected, etc.) Perhaps this is why practically Ganon and other heavy hitters don't do well enough, because you can really accustom yourself to their options and win it out yourself because, at least in Ness' case, grab will seal the deal eventually and it's far safer. It's strange. That being said, in both customs on and off, the MU is no greater than a +1 for Ness. With players of equal skill, the difference can show, but matches can turn very quickly. Adom is a great Ganon main (the best one I've played) and we really enjoyed our evening! We even went out and got McDonalds together like classic smashers. I had a great time. :D

:4duckhunt: could be a -1 but I've heard @DunnoBro really doesn't enjoy this MU in customs off. In customs on I hear it's significantly better. Ness edge-guards doggie so hard though.

:4dedede: - We aggro the king and stay in his face really well, as most rushdowns do. He's so freakin' heavy though. Potentially a few things I said about Ganon also apply here about him off-stage and how he kills. He can also turn a match around with a good read. Smoothie and I have only played it a few times though, and I've only played Dedede a couple times in tournament before that. :o

:4robinm: - so this matchup used to get played a LOT at high level back when Nairo was using Robin, and I think NAKAT won most of the time. We have to respect Robin's tools, but nowhere near as much as other characters. If we get inside Robin's dead zone she's in trouble. If we get her offstage, doubly so. Levin sword is great but grab is not.

:4jigglypuff: - I really, honestly feel like we pretty much do everything Jiggs does in the air, but better. Honestly the scariest thing about her for me is her ground game, which granted isn't that shabby. Also it doesn't help that you're dying to Bthrow (or more commonly Uair/Bair) at sub-100%s consistently. She has some nice strings on us at early percents though, and edge-guards us decently well if she can get there in time. I have a friend who I used to go dead even with in brawl (back when he mained Pit and I mained Ness/Lucas), then suddenly when smash 4 hit he started playing Jiggs and I was really ripping through him with Ness. Idk.

I dunno, are there any other MUs you'd like me to talk about? I feel like after my nice detailed talk about Ganon everything else is going to pale in comparison because I haven't played these MUs in so long if at all and often just refer to what the respective boards talk about.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
real talk: is it better to just play footsies with luma? and disregard :rosalina:?
OMG does this give me a second to talk about PEACH?????????

:4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach:

Because this is one of the neat things she can do. Having anti-Luma moves adds an interesting dimension where she can hunt for opportunities to break Rosalina's teeny muscle wall.

Depends on your anti-Luma moves I'd say. If you don't have those, maybe consider why you're even playing that matchup? xD

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Basically, you should aim for Luma if and only if it's safe to do so. Since it's Rosalina & Luma, "safe" means "safe from Rosalina" and "safe from Luma" but you should be able to shield Luma's counterattack at the very least no matter what. I strongly suspect that Rosalina has to wait until she can airdodge out of hitstun before she can send any commands to Luma, so use that as your benchmark.

Given that it's safe to hit Luma, I'd say go for it. Some of my most frustrating matches have been when my opponent takes every opportunity to hit Luma around. And every time you hit Rosalina, that's an opportunity. (Maybe not a good opportunity depending on exactly what move you used, but an opportunity nonetheless.)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah I'm pretty sure that MU discussion in our boards was the most controversial, either that one or Kirby lol.

I could probably do a MU chart for Greninja too now that I think of it.
Since we've had that discussion I've conceded that PKT2 is in the vast majority of situations going to = death if the greninja is near-ish to the ledge/offstage at the time of needing to use PKT2. :grin:

@ A AlMoStLeGeNdArY - I'm quite a big believer of the 'now' myself. If I were asked about the Rosaluma MU, I'd say that although the theory points to a very potential -1, in actuality the fact that Ness mains are getting shut down in tournament by high level rosa mains probably means it's closer to a -2. That said, much of my list was also meant to represent what others think. This is why I said it could very well be a -2 in my last post.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Beside those who have a frame 3-5 aerial which hit in front, or a quick and safe way to reposition themselve everybody suffer from this. It's falcon and Ike and DK and a lot of character issue.
At least in custom rapid burner can help, and ROB can stay evasive with gyro reverse.
They also have decent shields, or average. ROB also had a terrible shield, which is prone to shield stabbing and poking.
If things look desperate, DK had up-b
Captain falcon has a normal size unlike rob
Bowser and Zard have similar problems, they have better shields since they're rounder than rob. They have the same struggle as us when hit though.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Does Ike have a top tier neutral?
Obviously not Sheik-level, but a lot of his spacing tools have good reward and a lot of characters have trouble getting in with dtilt, jab, nair, fair, bair, uair, and then a lot of anti-air tools. I believe it's decent enough to be compared to those considered a little underneath him.

Ftilt isn't really useful for neutral except against slow characters. It's decent, but once you get to around Pika speed you don't want to use ftilt to space in neutral. Ftilt is great as an anti-air, an anti-dash, offstage angling, punishing, and a reaction punish to ledge getups.

Air speed is decent, ground movement is centered on dashes, dance trots, and shielding. I'm just now starting to implement dance trotting in my gameplay. There's a lot more deep mechanics than just dance trotting back and forth, which is why I wasn't too keen on the tactic before.

Ike has to make up for getting combo'd a bit with his sheer damage and advantageous positioning (he has 3 aerials that hit above him for instance that can be used in different scenarios).

Last edited:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, welcome to the

/r/smashbros Monthly Voted Tier List Results

Let's get kicking! One quick note before I get going, I managed to accidentally forget the DLC in the extra questions on the poll. My B. TBH these questions provide less information than the tier list itself so with this accident I didn't include them right now. Also a quick reminder that a customs on tier list will be voted on in August (after Evo so discussion can take place prior and interest can go up) and it will have a LOT of improvements (seriously, folks are going to like it). Also remember this list assumes customs are off and that Miis have access to all of their moves. So let's get on with the tier list!

(S) - Best For Tournament Play
(A) - Solo Tournament Viable
(B) - Tournament Viable With Secondaries
(C) - Niche Use
(D) - Not Tournament Viable
(F) - Never Use

Below I do have splits into + and - tiers, and while I don't think they need to be split up THAT much, that's what the numbers showed in comparison for the vote, so just consider them the characters people think are a bit better or worse than the others in their respective categories. (Please for the love of all that is good in the world read that paragraph. The number of people who say "there's too many tiers" each month is enough to make my head hurt.)

ONE LAST NOTE: Remember that three characters were just added to the game, so consider that when seeing how far some characters moved down (as at first glance it might look like a lot more than you would think).

(S):4sheik:(13.75 | ±0) :rosalina:(13.18 | ±0)
(A+) :4luigi:(12.46 | ±0) :4pikachu:(12.43 | ±0) :4zss:(12.19 | +1)
(A) :4ness: (11.96 | +3) :4sonic:(11.74 | ±0) :4yoshi: (11.52 | ±0) :4fox:(11.3 | +3) :4diddy:(11.07 | -5) :4feroy:(10.95 | ±0)
(A-) :4mario:(10.94 | -1) :4ryu:(10.89 | ±0) :4villager:(10.88 | -1) :4falcon:(10.86 | -4) 15 :4miibrawl:(10.37 | -2) :4lucas:(10.26 | ±0)
(B+) :4wario2:(9.98 | -2) :4olimar:(9.90 | +3) :4pit:(9.79 | +2) :4rob:(9.78 | -6) :4peach:(9.7 | -5) :4darkpit:(9.66 | +3) :4pacman:(9.57 | -1) :4megaman:(9.4 | -4) :4lucario:(9.33 | -8) :4shulk:(9.31 | -10) :4greninja:(9.07 | -9)
(B) :4tlink:(8.81 | -5) :4myfriends:(8.72 | +13) :4duckhunt:(8.64 | -4) :4kirby:(8.6 | -7) :4metaknight:(8.59 | -3) :4falco:(8.51 | +7) :4littlemac:(8.24 | -4):4bowserjr:(8.11 | -1) :4link:(8 | -9)
(B-) :4jigglypuff:(7.64 | -9) :4bowser:(7.54 | -1) :4gaw:(7.49 | -3) :4dedede:(7.46 | -9) :4marth:(7.17 | -9) :4robinm:(7.09 | -7) :4dk:(7.03 | -5) :4lucina:(7.02 | -5)
(C+) :4miigun:(6.96 | +4) :4mewtwo:(6.81 | -13) :4wiifit:(6.77 | -4) :4palutena:(6.65 | -7):4ganondorf:(6.57 | -5) :4miisword:(6.53 | -5) :4charizard:(6.5 | -1) :4samus:(6.41 | -5) :4drmario:(6.4 | -7)
(C) :4zelda:(5.88 | -6)

I really think looking at this that a few spots are a bit confusing (someone will show off what characters buffs can do soon enough) but is still seriously interesting to look at and discuss. With that, I leave you all to discuss your thoughts on the list: enjoy!
Why were the tiers separated between A+, A, A-, B+, B, B- (etc) instead of just A, B, C, D, E, F (etc)? Soon we'll see A+ 1, A+ 2, A+ 3, A 1, A 2, A 3, A- 1, A- 2, A- 3, and all characters will be either S or A rank.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Why were the tiers separated between A+, A, A-, B+, B, B- (etc) instead of just A, B, C, D, E, F (etc)? Soon we'll see A+ 1, A+ 2, A+ 3, A 1, A 2, A 3, A- 1, A- 2, A- 3, and all characters will be either S or A rank.
It's supposed to emphasize that all characters are decent.

Speed Boost

Smash Apprentice
Any thoughts on the Pit v ROB MU? I was playing a good ROB the other day and it was a real struggle. Can't say I've played a good ROB before, so I'm new to the MU. I tried my best to powershield lasers and catch/pick up th gyro. However, I would just throw it back, I never tried to play keep away with the gyro and pressure with arrows. Does that ever work? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
@ Kewkky Kewkky -

Below I do have splits into + and - tiers, and while I don't think they need to be split up THAT much, that's what the numbers showed in comparison for the vote, so just consider them the characters people think are a bit better or worse than the others in their respective categories. Please for the love of all that is good in the world read that paragraph. The number of people who say "there's too many tiers" each month is enough to make my head hurt.
It's right there ;-;

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Since we've had that discussion I've conceded that PKT2 is in the vast majority of situations going to = death if the greninja is near-ish to the ledge/offstage at the time of needing to use PKT2. :grin:

@ A AlMoStLeGeNdArY - I'm quite a big believer of the 'now' myself. If I were asked about the Rosaluma MU, I'd say that although the theory points to a very potential -1, in actuality the fact that Ness mains are getting shut down in tournament by high level rosa mains probably means it's closer to a -2. That said, much of my list was also meant to represent what others think. This is why I said it could very well be a -2 in my last post.
What theory do you guys have that could make the MU better for yall?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You know, I hate to be that For Glory guy... so I'm going to start by saying "feel free to disregard this entirely."

That said, after playing this guy's Luigi with my Kirby and getting stomped out (it's really hard), I switched to Roy, then Lucario. Then I said "**** it" and went Samus. Man, this guy was much better than me, but that's the easiest it felt (I even won one). Samus's weight means that D-Throw to Tornado doesn't kill as early. Her projectiles and tether, used at the right time, keep Luigi all the way out. I feel like this is a pretty decent matchup for Samus (especially after watching ESAM at CEO). But I digress.

Anyone wanna speculate on Luigi v Samus, again?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I mean Nairo told me he only really trains on For Glory.

Make of it what you will.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher

What a young god.

Real talk though, I have been matched up with good players, some far better than me. I have had good matches that teach me things, but that's amidst a sea of poor connections and scrubby players. I usually play some FG to try and apply some stuff I've been practicing or try new characters. Just take it with a few grains of salt.

Speed Boost

Smash Apprentice

Can't imagine how God like he would be if he got to live with another top player like Zero and M2K did. He is doing this without the benefit of labing with top players all day.

Djent

Smash Champion
I didn't get a chance to catch much of KTAR before now, but it looks like there have been a number of upsets.

Winners:
Hackoru > John Numbers
Marss > Angel Cortes
Marss > Tweek

Losers:
Vex > Angel Cortes
Dill > NAKAT
James > Jtails
CaptAwesum > Tweek

Impressive stuff. Does anyone know if Vex used Ganon or D3 to E X P O S E Angel?

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Nairo training on For Glory is surprising, but to a degree, it makes some sense. There does seem to be some underlying matchmaking structure, and for someone like Nairo who probably wins the majority of the time, I would imagine he faces off against a reasonable amount of decent players. In addition, he clearly has the presence of mind to ignore the bad habits that FG can foster. If he goes from FG to the lab and back, mixed up with a little bit of offline play, I don't doubt that he can make FG a useful practice arena.

I notice that playing offline after FG makes movement feel so much easier. For me, it's easier to execute dash-trotting and spacing because I don't have to compensate for input lag. Maybe FG is for Nairo what the gravity room was for Goku in DBZ.

That said, ZSS requires such micro-spacing that it boggles my mind how he can work that into play that is floating in input lag.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
FG is def weight training.

If you can punish consistently online then offline it becomes jokes.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
@ Kewkky Kewkky -

It's right there ;-;
Alright I admit I skimmed that, but the collapse is more conspicuous than that paragraph. I'll give you that!

But still, there should be no shame in making it simple letters. They're separate tiers after all, even if they're separated by +'s and -'s instead of letters. Different tiers doesn't mean they're good or bad.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz

:4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach:

Because this is one of the neat things she can do. Having anti-Luma moves adds an interesting dimension where she can hunt for opportunities to break Rosalina's teeny muscle wall.

Depends on your anti-Luma moves I'd say. If you don't have those, maybe consider why you're even playing that matchup? xD
In this match i love using side b against luma when she isnt doing anything and if rosalina messes up she just eats a fair or a nair. I do wonder how rosalina will do in the long run once people optimize their anti luma strats.

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
FG is def weight training.

If you can punish consistently online then offline it becomes jokes.
this

it is significantly more difficult to punish online players, since variablesl ike projectiles/rolls+lag make for a difficult situation
seriously any amount of lag makes punishing a good roll (or even some bad ones, like samus') ten times harder since it makes you have to "lead" your inputs preemptively moreso than offline

I mean go ahead and use for glory to work on your punish game, might be helpful, but as always you should avoid it for proper training due to the variables in online play causing poor habits.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
In other news, Nairo is going Pit to Dabuz's Sheik. This basically confirms some of my suspicions that Nairo could have gone Pit vs Zero and possibly done a bit better. Although Dabuz's Sheik isn't quite as ridiculous as Zero's. Pit just straight keeps Sheik honest.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I do have to admit that playing online is how I got to the level I'm at (not trying to make myself sound like I'm a pro or anything lol) but man can lag be super frustrating sometimes.

I mean it's probably worse for me because Brazil but still.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Congrats to Nairo for taking KTAR and Dabuz for his Sheik play. I thought he was going to clutch out a second set for a while there, but Nairo's grab game was on point.

TriTails

Smash Lord
You know, I hate to be that For Glory guy... so I'm going to start by saying "feel free to disregard this entirely."

That said, after playing this guy's Luigi with my Kirby and getting stomped out (it's really hard), I switched to Roy, then Lucario. Then I said "**** it" and went Samus. Man, this guy was much better than me, but that's the easiest it felt (I even won one). Samus's weight means that D-Throw to Tornado doesn't kill as early. Her projectiles and tether, used at the right time, keep Luigi all the way out. I feel like this is a pretty decent matchup for Samus (especially after watching ESAM at CEO). But I digress.

Anyone wanna speculate on Luigi v Samus, again?
The only thing that Luigi has to respect is Charge Shot and Z-air. Missiles are stuffed by Fireballs, her rolls are awesomely slow, she dies fairly early for a heavyweight from HooHahNado (Let's be honest. If falling speed matters so much that Falcon dies later than Ganon vertically, then being floaty is a big no-no against HooHahNado). She is easy to combo depsite floatiness, easy to gimp (Traded D-air with her SA once), easy to kill, and... yeah.

She has Charge Shot and Z-air to keep Luigi at bay, but Samus struggles to get Luigi off her face and she misses a grab = stock taken.

I don't think Luigi loses to Samus. I see it as even. If we are going to seriously base our opinions straight on that one single match, then the MU chart would've been screwed (X 2-stocked Y! So this MU is in X favor!).

Or it's me who is insane right now. I slept at like 11 PM last night.

Luigi has U-smash, D-smash, dash attack, and Cyclone to separate Luma from Rosalina.

I suppose optimal Luigi play: Fireballs over Luma, get in when she does a mistake, U-smash/Cyclone, then grab.

I wonder if this will be exploited in the future...

NairWizard

Somewhere

Nairo has also said that he got good at Brawl strictly by playing CPUs.

Not sure he's the best example for most people to follow.

Last edited:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Any thoughts on the Pit v ROB MU? I was playing a good ROB the other day and it was a real struggle. Can't say I've played a good ROB before, so I'm new to the MU. I tried my best to powershield lasers and catch/pick up th gyro. However, I would just throw it back, I never tried to play keep away with the gyro and pressure with arrows. Does that ever work? Any suggestions?
Let me give you a perspective
Throwing a gyro offstage to get rid if it is like throwing diddys banana offstage. So basically,
It's dumb (but you're not dumb of course :)) . We get our gyro quicker that way, so anytime you throw it offstage, rob happily waits a sec and then pulls it out again. Against characters based in items like us, you should work in your item game. Play a match with items and work on throws, jump canceled throws, and z drops

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Just noticed Robin has the same IASA and autocancels (except pre-hitbox AC and Nair AC) on his aerials as Brawl Marth. Have fun Robin players, at least you get something.

http://www.kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Robin
But wow this frame data is bad. Really bad.

Last edited:

A_Kae

Smash Ace
Yeah, Robin has issues. Aerials are one of the few things keeping him from being the worst character.
You play Robin, so I'm curious as to what you think Robin needs the most to succeed.

It's my opinion that it's mainly a speed issue, both attack speed and movement speed, but I'd like to know what someone who actually mains the character thinks.

As long as you play For Glory to improve rather than to win it's fine.
I'd say that that's how you should be playing most of the time, if it's not a serious match, online and offline.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I'd say that that's how you should be playing most of the time, if it's not a serious match, online and offline.
There's a more pronounced difference in for glory because you could just spam ZSS f-smash on shield and get away with it due to lag, so strategies that work are different.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
If Meta Knight was still his Brawl incarnation, would anybody in Sm4sh be able to win the match up? And is it weird that I recently played against a Rosalina player who is extremely good and really knows what he is doing, and had little to no trouble at all? The only character who did cause me a lot of trouble was Sheik.

A_Kae

Smash Ace
There's a more pronounced difference in for glory because you could just spam ZSS f-smash on shield and get away with it due to lag, so strategies that work are different.
Oh, I absolutely agree that lag changes stuff. Winning on FG can be basically meaningless at times.

I'm just saying that unless you're in a match where there's some kind of real stakes, you should be looking to get better, rather than just simply winning.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
You play Robin, so I'm curious as to what you think Robin needs the most to succeed.

It's my opinion that it's mainly a speed issue, both attack speed and movement speed, but I'd like to know what someone who actually mains the character thinks.
There's better people to ask about this, but in my opinion to be competitively viable he needs is a buff of some kind to his grab/throws (he has very few combos off a terrible grab range...), a slightly faster dash (nothing crazy, just so he isn't absolute last), and less Arcfire lag (it's beaten by roll>punish at this point).

Last edited:

Project Quarantine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ianwit8
Hello
I love this thread. It's almost like a forum in itself. I have learned a plethora of things about the game, as well as many varying opinions about every sm4sh topic imaginable. Not to mention, all the riffs, conflicts, and all the times Shaya has posted to settle problems. I have been following it since <page 200, and plan to continue...conditionally.

Lately, there have been more and more short, choppy, and hastlily thought out posts. This has put Character Competitive Impressions into a state of limbo between being a "thread styled chat room," or a "thread." I, myself, would love for this to lean back towards the style of a constructive, meta-building zone, where clear (stricter?) rules outline the difference between tr4sh, and sm4sh discussion.

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to be a mod. (im not pls forgive) I'm just seriously asking y'all where this historic thread is going and where you want it to go. Should people be able to post what they want, or should there be more evidence to back up every argument?

No hard feelings, feel free to disregard <3

~

To relate to Sm4sh, Mario is a character who's matchup spread should be looked into imo. His mobility, anti-approach options, frame data and scary combo potential put him in a great position. The only clear losing matchup he has would be luigi, but some would beg to differ. As I have said before, Mario has the best spread of matchups against pika, rosa, and sheik (excluding the 3 themselves). Pika mains agree he is one of their worst, sheik mains complain, and, while the rosa matchup isn't really influenced by any practice yet, mario seems to have the tools to deal with her in theory.

One mu in particular is Ness, which apparently, Nessboards think they win. I reckon it's even, but lack too much theory to prove it other than they both have a grasp on each other's recovery, go even in the neutral stance, and can match each other's abilties to rack up damage, zone, and approach. Ness kills faster, however. Ness mains, is that enough to make it +1 in favor of Ness?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom