• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character colors with their own individual Franchise Icon/Name?

Space Lizard

Smash Rookie
This may be really difficult to explain but I've seen something like this in Project:M. You know how it has the Dracula's Castle stage? And do you notice how it has it's own individual texture for the franchise icon in the SSS? The original (Mario) franchise icon stayed with the Mario stages even though they were all sharing it. I took a look at the sc_selmap.pac in Brawlbox and saw that the custom-added Castlevania franchise icon was added at the bottom of the rest.

There is my question. How does this work? Is it possible with character portraits and CSPs in the CSS and In-game? (Example: I want to have Sonic have his default franchise icon for his normal color. But in the character hack I added over one of his colors, Shadow the hedgehog, I want his own logo for it. And in-game too separately from Sonic's logo. It could also be useful to names.)

Basically what I'm asking is, is it possible add a few extra textures?

Here are 2 rough drafts of what I mean.

Thanks.

Top Bottom