• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Codecs

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Surprised there hasn't been a thread for this yet.

We all know and remember the Snake codecs from Brawl. They're funny, they're informative, and they're a nice addition to the game. So I figured, what's to stop that from returning? Better yet, what's to say we'd only be limited to Snake and his team to handle codec conversations?

So here we are with this thread, devoted to sharing any ideas you have for more codecs/smash taunts in SSB4. This can apply to any series, since this thread is for fun. Of course, it's always more interesting to read codecs that seem like they really could be in the game, so as a guideline, stick to your best writing for these! More helpful is if you can explain the stage this would show up in.

Example codecs that seem feasible:
    • Metal Gear Solid (via classic codecs)
    • Star Fox (via radio contact between Star Fox characters)
    • Kid Icarus (via telepathic contact between Uprising characters)
    • The Legend of Zelda (via Navi or a similar exposition partner)
    • Super Mario Bros. (via Paper Mario's Tattlelogue)
    • Metroid (via Samus' scans)
    • Pokemon (via Pokemon Trainer's PokeDex)
It can be for anyone. Confirmed veterans? Unconfirmed veterans? Newcomers? Unconfirmed newcomers? The kitchen sink? Make them about anyone you want! We're here to write and read Smash Bros. characters' interactions and impressions of each other, so make the best of it!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Gonna start out with some example Kid Icarus codecs I made of all the confirmed characters so far. Hopefully this will break the ice and give you guys some inspiration!

[collapse="Mario"]
Pit: "Whoa! Is that Mario?"
Palutena: "That's right Pit, the one and only! Mario's a gaming superstar and Nintendo veteran. He's probably the most recognizable man in all of the heavens and universe."
Pit: "Do you know him personally, Lady Palutena?"
Palutena: "No, but I've seen him fly through the constellations before. Sometimes the guy just loves flying through the skies and space!"
Pit: "That's so cool! He and I sound like we could share adventure stories all day!"
Palutena: "Don't let your guard down, Pit. He's world renowned for a reason. He can burn you to a crisp with his fireballs, or throw you out of the arena like a merry-go-round!"
Pit: "What's that weird nozzle thing he sometimes uses?"
Palutena: "That's a device called F.L.U.D.D., a water spraying tool that can push you away. Mario once used it to clean up an entire island country."
Pit: "He's done community service, too?! Man, there's just no beating this guy's résumé!"
[/collapse]
[collapse="Link"]
Pit: "Is that an elf?"
Palutena: "No, Pit, that's Link. He's the wielder of the Triforce of Courage, user of the Master Sword, protector of Hyrule, laundryman of--"
Pit: "Whoa whoa whoa WHOA! Slow down here. I don't know what most of that stuff is! Can you give me something a little simpler?"
Palutena: "Okay. Basically, he's a hero in green clothes that isn't afraid to slay monsters and save his homeland."
Pit: "Much better! So he's a hero like me, right?"
Palutena: "Kinda. While you fight your battles on the fly, Link is good at figuring out battle strategies that'll give him the edge against stronger opponents. What he lacks in sheer power, he makes up for with a creative use of a variety of weapons."
Pit: "I see."
Palutena: "He's also a pretty good swordsman, so don't get cut up out there, okay?"
[/collapse]
[collapse="Kirby"]
Hades: "I see you're fighting Kirby."
Pit: "Yeah, what's he about?"
Hades: "Well, if you must know, Kirby is good for one thing and one thing especially: eating people."
Pit: "Eating people?! That's terrifying!"
Hades: "Oh, but that's not even the best part! After he eats you, he copies some of your powers as well."
Pit: "Nyeh! I never figured a pink little marshmallow would be so threatening!"
Hades: "Don't worry, little Pitty. He can't actually outright eat you. He's destroyed all sorts of nightmares and abominations before, but he's never able to actually swallow stronger opponents than what he's used to. I just hope you don't mind having arrows fired right back at you."
Pit: "Not at all! I mean, more so than being eaten, at least."
Hades: "Still, swallowing victims whole, crushing their spines and taking on their talents as his own... What a malicious power! Maybe I should try creating a few Kirbies of my own!"
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pikachu"]
Pit: "Hey, watch where you're zapping!"
Viridi: "Awww, it's a Pikachu! And look, it's trying to electrify you! Adorable!"
Pit: "It's cute and all, but why does it have shocky powers?!"
Viridi: "Because, all Pikachu have that power. It's a Pokemon. They're little living animals and objects with special abilities and potential for battle."
Pit: "So does that mean I've fought some Pokemon in your Forces of Nature before? They seem to fit that description."
Viridi: "No, they're not the same thing, dummy!"
Pit: "Why not? They all look like they could be Grass-types to me."
Viridi: "Look, I could get into a whole debate with you about what constitutes a Pokemon and what doesn't, but right now I think I'd rather watch you get fried by a yellow mouse."
Pit: "Fine!"
Viridi: "Fine! ...Awww, its got static electricity running throughout its body, just like Phosphora! So CUTE!"
[/collapse]
[collapse="Pit"]
Pit: "Ah! Lady Palutena, what's going on?! I'm fighting myself!"
Palutena: "Hm... This is strange, to say the least."
Pit: "He looks slightly different from me, though. Is he another clone of me, like Pittoo?"
Palutena: "I'm not sure, but it looks like you're evenly matched. He seems to have all your powers and abilities, too. Be careful Pit."
Pit: "This is going to be intense. He knows all my moves... But if he's just like me, that means I know all his moves, too!"
Palutena: "That's the spirit! Now you go defeat him while I have a talk with Master Hand about this..."
Pit: "What was that?"
Palutena: "Oh, nothing!"
[/collapse]
[collapse="Donkey Kong"]
Pit: "Hey, Viridi, you're good with animals. Who's this ape?"
Viridi: "What?! Are you seriously telling me you don't know who Donkey Kong is?!"
Pit: "Why? Am I supposed to??"
Viridi: "I just figured you didn't live under a rock in Palutena's palace was all. Donkey Kong is the leader of the family of Kongs, all sorts of monkeys and apes that live on Donkey Kong island."
Pit: "Does he like bananas?"
Viridi: "He loves bananas! Most of his adventures start just because somebody stole his bananas, which seems to be a lot of people. Crocodiles, evil kongs, tikis, arctic animals..."
Pit: "Those must be some good bananas."
Viridi: "Just don't make him mad if you don't want him to give you a big punch to the face."
Pit: "Hey! Donkey Kong! If I join your clan, would I be named Pitty Kong? Ooh, or would I be Angel Kong?!"
Viridi: "Ugh, you're bananas, Pit."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Samus"]
Pit: "Lady Palutena, tell me about this orange robot, please!"
Palutena: "Oh, Samus? Samus isn't a robot."
Pit: "You mean he's a human?"
Palutena: "She, Pit."
Pit: "Samus is a girl?!"
Palutena: "Yeah. She wears the power suit she was given by the race of bird people, the Chozo, that raised her. It's helped her get through countless missions throughout the galaxy."
Pit: "That's way cool! How long has it been since she's gotten her suit? Is she a veteran super hero or something?"
Palutena: "It's not polite to ask a woman her age, Pit... But yes, she's a veteran alright. In fact, I would say she started her first mission around the same time you started your first as well."
Pit: "I see! So she's been killing Komaytos for a while, right?"
Palutena: "..."
Pit: "Right?"
Palutena: "Wrong game series, Pit."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Fox"]
Pit: "Who's this fox?"
Hades: "That's Fox."
Pit: "I know, I'm asking who this fox is!"
Hades: "I just said he's Fox."
Pit: "Right, and I'm asking what his name is!"
Hades: "Alright, enough with the shtick. He's the leader of Star Fox, yadda yadda, he's an ace pilot that's saved galaxies, blah blah blah, his father was killed by an evil monkey named Andross... And he's got high-tech equipment."
Pit: "So what's his name?"
Hades: "Agh, Pitty, your childish questions really do tire me sometimes. I can't take any more of this right now. I'm going to take a nap."
Pit: "...Um... Thanks, I guess? I guess I'll just have to fight him to learn more about him. Bring it on, nameless fox!"
[/collapse]
[collapse="Bowser"]
Pit: "Big spiky turtle monster guy!"
Viridi: "His name is Bowser, you dolt! And he's a koopa--the king of them in fact, not just a big spiky turtle!"
Pit: "Geez... Sorry."
Viridi: "You better be! It's a good thing he didn't hear you call him that, or he'd probably burn you to cinders right now!"
Pit: "But he was already trying to do that to m--"
Viridi: "ANYWAY, he's probably one of the heaviest fighters here, so watch out! He'll squish you and rip you to shreds!"
Pit: "You sound pretty enthusiastic about this guy. Why do you know so much about Bowser?"
Viridi: "...I actually admire him, to be honest."
Pit: "Admire him?"
Viridi: "Yeah. Even though he's a major bad guy, his heart's in a good place. He loves all of his children, he treats his minions well, and he never gives up, even when it means some big-shot is always shooting down his dreams. He's got all this responsibility, yet never feels like he's in over his head. I can't help but respect that."
Pit: "Wow Viridi, I didn't know you'd be the type to see the good in such a big-time villain!"
Viridi: "I love all my creatures of the earth, even the ones that cause trouble and kidnap princesses. It's kind of my job as the Goddess of Nature."
Pit: "Hm. Fair enough!"
[/collapse]
[collapse="Villager"]
Pit: "Guys? Who is this kid?"
Hades: "Ah, it's the Villager... Dastardly fellow..."
Pit: "The who?"
Hades: "The Villager, the child that spends his life talking to animal neighbors, doing menial chores, and collecting whatever junk is on the ground. I can see how that's affected him for the worse."
Pit: "What are you talking about? He looks happy to me. That kind of life sounds great!"
Hades: "Yes, but, imagine doing those things all the time. Day after day of repetition, doing nothing but the same things in a simple life over and over. It'd drive you insane."
Pit: "..."
Hades: "He's completely snapped from his own slow-paced life. And that's why he's trying to kill you right now with a big smile on his face."
Pit: "I hate to admit it... But that actually makes a lot of sense. It makes me feel a lot more thankful for my adventurous life. Either way, I won't lose this fight!"
Hades: "Just don't get soiled on, Pitty-Pat."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Mega Man"]
Pit: "Lady Palutena, I'm fighting some blue guy!"
Palutena: "That's Mega Man. He's a protector of both robots and mankind in the future. He'll fight off any robots that stand in his way, but luckily he never hurts humans. That's the one rule all robots have to follow."
Pit: "You don't suppose the whole 'never hurts humans' thing could roll into angel territory, could it?"
Palutena: "Not likely. Even if it does, it looks like he just really doesn't like you."
Pit: "Thanks..."
Palutena: "Just watch out for his arm cannon. And make sure he doesn't hit you with his stolen robot master powers either. Those abilities of his are powerful."
Pit: "And now you're saying he steals powers, too?! Man, robots are jerks!"
[/collapse]
[collapse="Wii Fit Trainer"]
Pit: "Whoa, this girl can really move!"
Viridi: "That's because she's the Wii Fit Trainer, a woman who devoted her life to making her and others really fit."
Pit: "Yeah, but why is she trying to fight me?"
Viridi: "I've read online that smashing is supposed to be the new fitness craze. She's just trying to stay healthy, I guess. She wouldn't bother fighting an unfit slob like you otherwise."
Pit: "Hey, I'm plenty healthy! I get plenty of exercise beating up bad guys, and I make sure I eat all my food groups!"
Viridi: "Yeah, you mean off the floor! I don't know why that Palutena puts up with your unhealthy eating habit!"
Pit: "But floor ice cream is good for you!"
Viridi: "Ugh! Wii Fit Trainer, if you can hear me, beat up this STUPID angel for me!"
[/collapse]

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Before I get to making a codec, just wanted to have a friendly reminder that ROLL also provides some Codec moments *badumtshh* in Mega Man games. (Particularly Mega Man & Bass). But I don't think Nintendo wants to tackle Capcom voice acting for the sake of the game. They really REALLY don't.

Anyway, I also suggested Ivan or Sheba from Golden Sun casting "Mind Read" on the opponent to see what they were thinking prior to battle. Unfortunately I don't think it would work on the usual cast of silent Nintendo characters (Mario, Link, etc)

Oh god Pokedex scans would be freaking AWESOME!!! He should get a super short reveal trailer with Proffessor Oak telling him he has upgraded his Pokedex for the "Smash Region".

(MUST: Read with Pokedex voice)

Mario: This plumber was originally thought to be from Brooklyn, NY. However, recent studies show that he is infact from the Mushroom Kingdom. His main forms of attacks consist in hand to hand combat, but he can also shoot fire balls, use his FLUDD for water blasts, and a cape to reflect projectiles.

Samus Aran: This bounty hunter travels between far reaches of space to bring intergallactic criminals to justice Armed with an Arm-Cannon, Samus can sport a multitude of ranged attacks such as Power Shots, Missiles, and Super Missiles. Her armor allows her to reform her body into a ball form, to fit in tiny spaces and drop bombs.

EDIT: Doc Loius IS basically a codec character in Punch Out games. (Nes and Wii), so it's only natural for him to do the same here. ... I'm sure this thread is about confirmed characters, but let's say LM is as good as confirmed (hope this doesn't bite me in the *** later) and I'll go ahead and post some Doc Louis codecs. XD

Zelda:
Watch it Mac, don't go cutting that fine lady any slack. Zelda may look like a frail girl, but she boasts some fearsome magic, that would make Great Tiger shake in his boots. Just get in her comfort zone, and sting her like a fairy! Er.. Bee.

Diddy Kong:
This is Donkey Kong's little bro, or so to say. Diddy Kong won't hesitate to fight dirty, but I'm sure that's right up in your alley anyway, ha ha. Anyway... think you can fetch me up some of those bananas and peanuts? I think I can make this chocolate bar a lot better than it already is.

Wii Fit Trainer:
Well this is a surprise! A fellow trainer! I could surely use some of her techniques to shape me up a bit, ha ha. Anyway, watch out for those yoga moves, Wii Fit Trainer can be a bit tricky an unpredictable. She's also quite agile, so you better keep on your toes, you hear me Mac? Show her how you stick and move!

Just this for now. :D

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Doc Loius IS basically a codec character in Punch Out games. (Nes and Wii), so it's only natural for him to do the same here. ... I'm sure this thread is about confirmed characters, but let's say LM is as good as confirmed (hope this doesn't bite me in the *** later) and I'll go ahead and post some Doc Louis codecs. XD
Dude, this is about any characters and codecs you want. If you have humorous or clever dialogue for exposing a character in a format that would fit Smash Bros., by all means, go for it! I actually thought of Doc Louis myself, but I wanted to leave the list the way it was so as to not make people think those were the only acceptable codecs.

And the whole Mind Read idea is brilliant. I just beat Golden Sun recently, so I'm surprised I didn't initially think of that!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here are some Snake Codecs I made:

[collapse="Ridley"]
Otacon: "Snake! Be careful! That guy is dangerous!"
Snake: "You mean this dragon thing. He looks like he hasn't gotten a meal in ages."
Otacan: "He may look skinny but that thing fights with the ferocity of a demon! That's Ridley! Leader of the space pirates. He's the one responsible for the death of Samus' parents when she was a little girl."
Snake: "But Samus got her revenge right?"
Otacon: "Yes, but Ridley always finds some way to come back and hurt her. I don't think their rivalry will ever end."
Snake: "...Reminds me of someone I know..."
[/collapse]
[collapse="K.Rool"]
Snake: "Colonel! There's an alligator with a bloodshot eye."
Colonel: "Careful Snake. That's King K.Rool. The king of the Kremling Krew. They cause all sorts of trouble for the Kongs and he loves every minute of it."
Snake: "He doesn't seem like he's all there."
Colonel: "He's not. It's going to be difficult to fight him Snake. K.Rool is ridiculously strong and constantly uses dirty tactics to fight."
Snake: "I'm sure he won't be too difficult."
Colonel: "Just be wary if the credits pop up unexpectedly during the fight."
Snake: "Credits? Wait... He didn't.... Oh, that's just low..."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Isaac"]
Snake: "Mei Ling... There's another kid with a sword here."
Mei Ling: "Ah... This one's a bit different than the others. His name is Isaac and he's a Venus Adept."
Snake: "Venus Adept? He's from space?!?"
Mei Ling: "No... He's from a mountain village called Vale where people learn how to use Psyenergy. It's kind of like magic and psychic ability combined. There are four kinds of Psyenegry, each one representing a certain element. Isaac is a Venus Adept so he specializes on earth magic."
Snake: "Earth magic huh... Well that's new."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Little Mac"]
Mei-Ling: "Hey Snake. Have you ever heard that 'Big things come in small packages'"?
Snake: "Yeah. But that's not a Chinese Proverb."
Mei-Ling: "I know, but seeing Little Mac really reminds me of that saying. He's gone through impossible odds to achieve his dream of becoming champion of the World Video Boxing Association. He constantly faced bigger and stronger opponents. And he still came on top. I can't help but feel happy that the underdog won you know? "
Snake: "Fighting requires skill and timing. If he has both of those, he'll be more than enough for any opponent. Besides, size doesn't matter."
Mei-Ling: "*Snicker* Keep telling yourself that Snake."
Snake: "..."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Zoroark"]
Snake: "Colonel!!! This thing! It can shapeshift!"
Colonel: "Calm down Snake. You're fighting Zoroark. It's a pokemon. He's not actually changing shape. It's all an illusion."
Snake: "Illusions.... Like Decoy Octopus?"
Colonel: "Yes. Exactly."
Snake: " Might as well be Decoy Octopus. This thing looks sinister."
Colonel: "It's a dark type pokemon, but I assure you, Zoroark is not evil. I hear that they're actually pretty caring pokemon."
Snake: "Dark is not evil? Doesn't that go against the name of the type?"
Colonel: "Just because it's called something doesn't mean it is, Snake. Or are you telling me you slither?"
Snake: "Touche."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Lloyd"]
Otacon: Ah... You're fighting Lloyd, aren't you Snake?
Snake: The kid with two swords?
Otacan: Yes. Him! He's a powerful warrior who fought to bring two falling worlds together.
Snake: Two worlds huh? Kind of like what I'm in now?
Otacon: Uh... well....
Snake: Maybe I can ask him about this whole thing later. What weapons does he have?
Otacon: Well...he uses the Material Blade. Which is...two swords really. One sword has the power of fire while the other has the power of ice. He's an expert on swordplay so stay on your toes!
Snake: A kid who's good with swords saving the world huh? Where have I heard this before?
[/collapse]

What do you think? I really would like some feedback.

I'll try and make some for all confirmed Smash 4 characters later.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How about this for a Navi entry?

That's the kitchen sink! Maybe it's weak spot is in the pipes...they look kind of rusty.

Insert troll face here.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Excellent! A lot of them sounded genuine, with K. Rool's, Little Mac's, and Lloyd's entries being my favorite. I feel like the punchline was a little lacking on Isaac's, however. Might want to take another shot at that one.
How about this for a Navi entry?

That's the kitchen sink! Maybe it's weak spot is in the pipes...they look kind of rusty.

Insert troll face here.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Excellent! A lot of them sounded genuine, with K. Rool's, Little Mac's, and Lloyd's entries being my favorite. I feel like the punchline was a little lacking on Isaac's, however. Might want to take another shot at that one.
For Isaac, which punchline?

Were Ridley and Zoroark's good?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
For Isaac, which punchline?

Were Ridley and Zoroark's good?
That's the thing. It just felt like the ending was weak overall. No allusions, no joke, no reveal of Snake's opinion... It just feels like there wasn't much pay-off to the codec.

Ridley's and Zoroark's were good. Not my favorites, but still felt satisfying to read.

And with that, I have more codecs to contribute.
[collapse="Kid Icarus - Wario"]
Pit: "Whew! This is the ugliest underworld creature I've seen yet!"
Viridi: "That's Wario... And he's not one of Hades' minions, he's a human."
Pit: "Gah, really?! He's really smelly and creepy!"
Viridi: "I know! And look, this guy is AWFUL for the environment! The carbon monoxide is harming the atmosphere! And those farts are nasty greenhouse gases, mister!"
Pit: "For once, I think we can actually agree on something, Viridi. Wario is mess!"
Viridi: "Not to mention that greed of his, making shoddy games and stealing treasure, typical of any human!"
Pit: "Ah... So close..."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Kid Icarus - Olimar"]
Pit: "Viridi, call off your Forces of Nature!"
Viridi: "Those aren't mine, Pit! Those are Pikmin!"
Pit: "Pick who?"
Viridi: "Pikmin, little plant creatures with different powers. For some reason, they seem to respond to that little man, Captain Olimar, better than my own subtle influence. Probably because they're from a different universe... You know, being Smash Bros. and all that."
Pit: "Yeah, that reminds me, if you're the Goddess of Nature, ruler of plants and animals and all that, why is it you can't control the Pikmin? They're like a two-in-one for you!"
Viridi: "Hard to say. I think it has to do with their bond to Olimar. They fight with him, doing their best to defend him and care for him, even if it means sacrificing their own lives. It's like they know he's looking out for them in return, like helping him will actually help the species."
Pit: "It's an interesting relationship, that's for sure!"
[/collapse]

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Pit vs Palutena codec. Little awkward, but I thought it has potential to be funny.

Palutena: So, you're here to fight me Pit?
Pit: What? Lady Palutena? Is this the work of the Chaos Kin?
Palutena: No Pit! I'm joining the battle!
Pit: You... You can't be seriously. You've never brawled before.
Palutena: But you've never been in a melee either. What's the difference?
Pit: ...nothing I guess. But this feels strange. I must admit, I'm having my doubts.
Palutena: Just because you're the head of my guard doesn't mean we can't have a little fun. Consider this some training.
Pit: and knowing you, you won't give me easy victory.
Palutena: Of course I won't Pit. *giggles*

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Pit vs Palutena codec. Little awkward, but I thought it has potential to be funny.

Palutena: So, you're here to fight me Pit?
Pit: What? Lady Palutena? Is this the work of the Chaos Kin?
Palutena: No Pit! I'm joining the battle!
Pit: You... You can't be seriously. You've never brawled before.
Palutena: But you've never been in a melee either. What's the difference?
Pit: ...nothing I guess. But this feels strange. I must admit, I'm having my doubts.
Palutena: Just because you're the head of my guard doesn't mean we can't have a little fun. Consider this some training.
Pit: and knowing you, you won't give me easy victory.
Palutena: Of course I won't Pit. *giggles*
Haha love it! I wish I had played Uprising to see these two interact more often.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Fantastic! It's a lot like what I'd imagine a codec between them would be like.
Haha love it! I wish I had played Uprising to see these two interact more often.
You should definitely watch gameplay videos on YouTube. Especially considering that you're not the one actually playing the game, you get to focus a lot more on the dialogue and character interactions.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I'd do more Pokedex ones. (Also all of these are awesome! I hope these conversations get into SSB4!)

Link: This hero is native to the land of Hyrule and his continuing destiny is to defeat evil in whatever form it will arise in. He is know for his grunts. He can use the Master Sword for a variety of attacks, the bombs for explosive damage and the mystical power of the Triforce to cause opponents to faint.

Kirby: This pink ball of fluff is found in Dreamland and can swallow opponents and mimic their powers. That combined with his hammer makes him a challenging opponent.

Bowser: This fiery koopa uses his weight and size to his advantage and Mario has been beating him for years. It is unknown how koopas reproduce so,Bowser Jr. is a mystery.

Pit: This angel is found dealing with the Underworld Army, Forces of Nature and Humans. He appears to talk to himself a lot and has conversations with divine beings like Arceus.

I tried making it more pokemonish, also since the pokedex usually gives PKMN cries and types here are some examples:

Mario-
Cry: It's a me Mario!
Type: Normal/Fire

Samus-
Cry: ....
Type: Steel/Electric

Link-
Cry: EH EH AH (I do not know how to type his grunting, so I guessed)
Type: Grass/Fairy (Due to Kokiri and Elf like)

Kirby-
Cry:Hiii!!
Type: Normal

Bowser-
Cry: BOWSER!!
Type: Dragon/Fire

Pit-
Cry: The fight is on!!
Type: Normal/Flying

Hoped you liked it!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Figured I'd try some Mind Read ones via Isaac using a Smash Taunt on a Golden Sun stage.

Mario
"I'm-a gonna do this! I don't-a know how I got in this fght, but this blonde-a hair boy is trying to-a kill me! Oh no, is he part-a of the Koopa Troop? I'll smack-a you down, you-a nasty baddie!"
Samus
"The power suit's scanners are detecting hostility in this other fighter. What incentive does he have? Did I enter his territory? Was he corrupted? I don't have the privilege of asking such questions right now."
Kirby
"Who is the banana-colored-hair boy? A friend? Not a friend if he's trying to hurt me. So hungry... He must be food if he's not a friend! Sword? Leaf? Wonder what ability I get if I eat him..."
Mega Man
"Scanning... No Wily serial number found. No robotic wavelengths found. Is he a human? He must be. I'm not supposed to hurt humans... No, this must be one of Wily's tricks! No human could radiate that much psychic energy from their body!"
Villager
"What a cool power! Earth spires and plant growth? Isaac seems pretty great. I can't wait to add him to my house as furniture..."
Wario
"Wah? Who's this spiky-headed punk? Hey, that sword on his back looks real nice! I'm-a gonna steal it and make a fortune off it! Poor kid won't know what hit him! WA HA HA, I'M-A GONNA WIN!"
Olimar
"What a strange specimen. He appears to creating strong bio-energy signatures based on earth and plant matter... Could he possibly be related to the Pikmin? We'll have to take him back to the research pod so we can find out."
Ridley
"Must find Samus Aran... I will not leave this life or any other life without my vengeance. This boy will satisfy my blood-lust for now. I will let NOTHING take away my opportunity to kill the hunter. I'M GOING TO RIP YOU LIMB FROM LIMB, CHILD."
Little Mac
"These fights get more bizarre every time. I'm used to conventional boxing, and I've gotten used to dirty tricks and equipment being used on me, and I'm pretty sure swords and arm cannons are non-regulation... But earth powers?! Come on, Doc, what're you trying to make me fight here?"

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've made some codecs with the Professor Layton characters in the Professor Layton support thread.
I've also made these two codec's with Snake and Pit about Layton if you like to read them.
[collapse=Snake and Otacon about Layton]
Snake: "Otacon, who is this man with the Top-Hat?"
Otacon: "That's Hershel Layton, more commonly referred to as Professor Layton. He's an Archeologist from London with superb puzzle solving skills."
Snake: "Puzzles? As in the likes of sliding tile puzzles? I can't ever solve these things."
Otacon: "That as well as many brain-teasers."
Snake: "So what? Is he going to try and beat me with a simple puzzle? I like to see him try."
Otacon: "If by "puzzle" you mean a machine gun made from a regular old slot machine or a catapult made from simple town objects then yes."
Snake: "hhgr..."[/collapse]
[collapse=Pit and Palutena about Layton]
Palutena: "Ooh is that Professor Layton I see you fighting over there, Pit?"
Pit: "You mean the guy with the Top-Hat? So what's up with him?"
Palutena: "Oh not much, besides that's he's a famous puzzle solver, archeologist, and true gentleman."
Pit: "Ohh puzzle's I like puzzles... even though I'm terrible at them. Do you know of a good puzzle Palutena?"
Palutena: "hm... Well here's one: An Angel visits a Skyworld amusement park and see's a ferris wheel shaped like the Sun with 8 cabin's around it. Every cabin has a letter from the alphabet on them: J, M, E, V, M, N , U and a ? what do you think the '?' stands for?"
Pit: "Alright, let me think..."
Palutena: "Hah, try you're best. This puzzle is so difficult only the gods can solve i--"
Pit: "It's S!"
Palutena: "Eh wha... But that's correct... How did you figure it out so quickly?"
Pit: "The letters J, M, E, V, M, N and U represent the planets Jupiter, Mars, Earth, Venus, Mercury, Neptune and Uranus respectively, so I thought the '?' Would be Saturn to complete the solar system orbiting the Sun-shaped ferris wheel... Eheh..."
Palutena: "Well that's... very clever of you Pit..."
Pit: "Yeah!" :bee:
Palutena: "Yes now get back to fighting!" :glare:
Pit: "right Palutena..." :urg: [/collapse]

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
What? No love for Fi?

[collapse=Link VS. Mario] Fi: Master Link, that is the hero Mario. You have faced him before, so I've calculated a 45% chance of victory. So be wary of any fire attacks or use of reflection in his cape. That is all I can advise you on. Continue your battle, Hero. [/collapse]

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Figured I'd try some Mind Read ones via Isaac using a Smash Taunt on a Golden Sun stage.

Mario
Samus
Kirby
Mega Man
Villager
Wario
Olimar
Ridley
Little Mac
This is so creative! I never played Golden Sun before but if Isaac can do this in Smash Bros then that would be amazing!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Making more of the Snake Codecs!

[collapse="Villager"]
Snake: Colonel, I think there's a civilian on the battlefield. What do I do?
Colonel: Negative Snake. That's actually a fighter.
Snake: Okay. What's he called?
Colonel: We don't know his name but others are calling him Villager.
Snake: Villager? Alright. What does he do?
Colonel: He attacks with every day objects and activities. He'll dig a hole with a shovel, plant trees and even drop a bowling ball on your head.
Snake: Are you sure he's not a civilian?
Colonel: Snake, be careful. Even unorthodox fighters can be a real threat in smash. Stay on your toes.
Snake: If you say so...
[/collapse]
[collapse="Megaman"]
Otacon: Oh! You're fighting Megaman!
Snake: Megaman?
Otacon: Yeah! He's pretty famous all over the world. He's called Rock Man in Japan! He fights evil robots and takes their powers and uses them for good. It's kinda like one of my old animes. Although Megaman never had an anime. He did have some old car-
Snake: Takes robot's powers? I wonder what would happen if he takes the powers of a Metal Gear...
Otacon: Oh...Well... I'm not sure....
Snake: Imagine the power he could get from one of those things. He's too dangerous! I've got to stop him.
Otacon: Hold on Snake! Megaman promised to never hurt people. Besides, he only fights evil robots. I think the world is safe.
Snake: ....I'm still keeping an eye on him...
[/collapse]
Snake: Mei Ling, there's this pale woman in yoga pants jumping around.
Mei Ling: Oh! You're talking about the Wii Fit Trainer.
Snake: Wii Fit Trainer? What?
Mei Ling: She's a health nut. She wants to help make everyone fit. She originally appeared in Wii Fit and helped you become healthy with the help of the Wii Balance Board.
Snake: And she's fighting because...?
Mei Ling: I'm not entirely sure. Maybe fighting is a great work out routine. Maybe if I got down there and fought with you I could slim up...
Snake: You'd have to work up quite a sweat to lose any calories. Fighting is hard work.
Mei Ling: On second thought...Maybe I won't fight with you.
Snake: Thought so.
Mei Ling: Yeah, fighting didn't seem to help you lose much weight.
Snake:...
[/collapse]

Well they're rough drafts but they'll do for now.

What do you guys think? Gimme input.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious

Not bad, I have to say. Though, some are rather generic. Snake's a pretty intense guy in Metal Gear Solid, right?

Let me try a hand at Link's most interesting and useful companion. Navi? Pff. Fi? Nope. I'm talking the Twilight Princess herself.

[collapse=Mario]
Link: Grr...
Midna: "Don't tell me you don't recognize this guy. He's only the most well-known videogame character of all time. Doesn't make him any less of a goofball, though"
Link: Rrr?
Midna: "No, tee hee! He's a plumber by trade, but the toilets of Mushroom Kingdom have gone to crap while he's off saving his precious Princess Peach. Which happens a lot. Don't take him for some lovestruck fuzzhead, though; he can use both fire and water against us."
Link: GRRR!
Midna: "That's the spirit, chosen one! Let's show this lunk what a real hero can do."
[/collapse]

[collapse=Pikachu]
Midna: "Aww, how adorable! Hee hee! It looks like a Bokoblin, only stubby. And yellow. And ludicrous."
Link: Grrroof!
Midna: "Keep your tail on, beast boy. It's a Pikachu, one of many such creatures. One of those weird Pokemon things, I think. Looks like it has electric powers...shocking, right?"
Link: ....
Midna: "Your horse probably has a better sense of humor. Well, I'm done. Try not to play with your food, Link. Hee hee!"
[/collapse]

Let me know if these are any good and I'll gladly do more.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

Well they're rough drafts but they'll do for now.

Aren't Metal Gears evil usually? Nuclear-powered mechs don't exactly sound like good guys. Then again, I know nothing of the series.

The Villager and Wii Fit Trainer codecs are perfect, in my opinion.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aren't Metal Gears evil usually? Nuclear-powered mechs don't exactly sound like good guys. Then again, I know nothing of the series.

The Villager and Wii Fit Trainer codecs are perfect, in my opinion.
Metal Gears are robots that don't have a mind, but yes, they are almost always used for evil.

And thanks!

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Here's some of mine from the old Kid Icarus Codec thread.

[collapse=Zero Suit Samus]
Pit: Oh...my...Palutena. She's beautiful!
Palutena: Quick gawking, Pit. Even without her power suit Samus is still a huge threat. She may have lost access to some stronger weapons, but her quicker movements easily make up for it.
Pit: ...I'm sorry Lady Palutena, did you say something?
Palutena: No, I was just talking to myself.
Pit: Oh, okay. So, do you have any intel on the new power suit-less Samus?
Palutena: ...
[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi]
Pit: I am so tempted to ride that thing. It has a built in saddle and everything!
Palutena: Being a trusted steed isn't all Yoshi can do, Pit. It's actually surprisingly quick despite its above average weight. It can also swallow you whole and turn you into an egg momentarily.
Pit: Sounds...gross.
Palutena: Just don't think that you can be safe by staying from it. Yoshi can also throw eggs that will do quite a number.
Pit: Where does it get the eggs from?
Palutena: Must be the same place Link gets all his arrows and bombs.
[/collapse]

[collapse=King K. Rool]
Pit: Lady Palutena, this guy looks like he's a bit...insane.
Palutena: That's King K. Rool, Pit. He's the king of the Kremlings and Donkey Kong's arch nemesis. He may look a little nutty, but don't let that dismiss him as a threat.
Pit: King K. Rool, eh? What's the "K" stand for?
Palutena: ..."kooky?"
Hades: How 'bout "killer?"
Pit: Hopefully it's the former.
[/collapse]

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
[collapse=Snake and friends discuss a boxer, a monkey, and an overgrown lizard]Snake: Who's this? A boxer? Isn't he a little short to be in a fight?
Campbell: Yes. A professional boxer. His name's Mac, and don't let his size fool you. He's got quite a punch, and his size makes it easy for him to dodge his opponent's attacks.
Snake: Being able to dodge won't mean much when he always has to keep his distance. Are those gloves all he's got in terms of weapons?
Campbell: Mac fought his way to the top of the World Video Boxing Association on pure skill alone. He's never won a fight he didn't carry out fairly.
Snake: So he likes to play by the rules. Unfortunately, sometimes in war, rules have to be broken.
Campbell: Mac'd sooner forfeit than play dirty. Stay light on your toes. Always be prepared for a counter strike.
Snake: Weaving in and out of reach, only to strike at the right moment. Just like a snake in the grass.

Mei Ling: I see you're fighting Dixie Kong.
Snake: Anything particularly interesting about that?
Mei Ling: I'm a big fan of hers. Dixie was one of gaming's first strong female leads. She managed to save both her boyfriend, Diddy Kong, as well as Donkey Kong twice.
Snake: She went to all of that trouble to retrieve a second-time hostage?
Mei Ling: Some people would do anything to make sure their friends are safe, Snake. Besides, in both times, DK Island was at stake. “Once a tree falls, the monkeys on it will scatter.”
Snake: Maybe it should've been called 'Dixie Kong Country'.

Otacon: Snake, you're fighting Ridley?!
Snake: Ridley? Is that this thing's name?
Otacon: Y-yeah! It's enough to drive fear into the hearts of the bravest heroes! Look at him! He's huge!
Snake: Doesn't seem that big to me.
Otacon: What?! Snake, he could eat you for breakfast! I'm surprised he could even fit himself onto the stage!
Snake: I think you're exaggerating a bit.
Otacon: Ridley's responsible for the death of Samus' parents and the destruction of her homeworld! He's the reason she became a bounty hunter! Be careful out there, Snake!
Snake: No need to worry. I've fought bigger battles.[/collapse]

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Doc Loius IS basically a codec character in Punch Out games. (Nes and Wii), so it's only natural for him to do the same here. ... I'm sure this thread is about confirmed characters, but let's say LM is as good as confirmed (hope this doesn't bite me in the *** later) and I'll go ahead and post some Doc Louis codecs. XD
I made some more Doc codecs!

[collapse=Ness:]"This kid might be in a weight class below yours, but his PSI powers can blast you from halfway across the ring! Whenever you hear him say "PK", that's your cue to get in and strike![/collapse]

[collapse=Kirby:]"Hey, where's my chocolate bar? Mac, watch out for the little puffball there! He's a sneaky one!"
Little Mac: "(Whew...)"[/collapse]

[collapse=Mr. Game and Watch:]Mac, see the guy who looks like a paper cutout? He doesn't move like a normal human being, so you'll want to keep your guard up around him. Don't worry, it doesn't seem to make him any harder to hit![/collapse]

[collapse=Snake:]"Mac, you're up against an opponent trained in using camouflage and military-grade weapons! In short, you can't block an RPG or a mine, so keep your eyes sharp! "[/collapse]

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I love this idea, God Robert's Cousin! Let my creativity flow!

Also, for Kirby, I would include the conversations between the Meta Knights in Meta Knight's Revenge in Kirby Super Star & Ultra. In fact, I'll start this new series. Everyone feel free to catch on.

First up, the confirmed characters thus far:

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Mario]Waddle Dee: Sir? I don't believe we've authorized cleaning maintenance for today. You should do something and get that plumber out of that fight before he gets hurt.
Meta Knight: No, that's Mario. The hero of the Mushroom Kingdom. He's more capable than he looks.
Captain Vul: Hoo ha! So legends do exists after all, huh?
Meta Knight: What do you mean, Vul?
Captain Vul: Well, I'm sure you've heard about him fetching princesses, kicking shell on a regular basis, traveling across galaxies, and even being a superstar athlete! His feats amount to that of a legend.
Axe Knight: Hehe, legend you say!?
Mace Knight: No man dares impede with the exploits of our liege!
Meta Knight: I prefer we let him brave out the fight before we even consider ceasing a strike.
Axe Knight: Awww, you're no fun, Sir!
Mace Knight: C'mon, sir! We'll lay down our lives just to keep him off the Halberd!
Meta Knight: Stay back for now. That's an order.
Axe Knight: Fiiiine![/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Link]Waddle Dee: Strange. The weather report doesn't foretell of any winter nor'easters. Impromptu time for an elf to be about when it's not Christmas.
Captain Vul: Arr! That isn't just any elf. That be Link, the Hero of Time. He's the incarnation of a patron spirit who defends the land of Hyrule from the forces of evil. It's believed his appearance is a harbinger to the prophecy that the Triforce will be contested.
Meta Knight: He's come equipped with the Master Sword, Hylian Shield, and even boomerangs, bow & arrows, and bombs. They must be tempting fate if they want to obtain the Triforce of Courage just by overcoming it.
Waddle Dee: Gee! What are children playing with these days?
Axe Knight: I think I want to a turn with him!
Mace Knight: Sir, how about I give you an early present!
Meta Knight: That actually might help me finally achieve my conquest. Beware though, the Triforce of Courage grants its bearer indefatigable tenacity. Almost anything Link seeks out for will be successful eventually.
Axe Knight: I don't care about the risk! It just sounds TOO good!
Mace Knight: Uh, if you don't want us to go out there, I'll just pre-order it.
Meta Knight: Never mind.[/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Pikachu]Captain Vul: We got some yellow mice scamperin' about the Halberd. But why's it sparkin' and zappin' everyone?
Meta Knight: I've heard of these creatures; Pokémon. That's a Pikachu, Number 25 on the Kanto and National Dex.
Waddle Dee: Oooooh, it's so cute! Can we keep it? C'mon, there has to be some way to catch it! Please Sir!
Meta Knight: How do you suppose we do that?
Captain Vul: I've heard about trainers capturing Pokémon. They train their Pokémon to become the strongest they can be.
Mace Knight: The Meta Knights could use another ally! Not more of those mass-produced Javelin Knights and Trident Knights!
Axe Knight: I'll knock it cold, bag it, then bring it up to the base! What'dya say?
Captain Vul: Are ye' mad!? There's no tellin' what Pikachu could do up here without a PokéBall.
Meta Knight: About that. Pikachu is an electric-type Pokémon; it's super effective against Steel.
Axe Knight: So we go in naked?
Mace Knight: How are we going to subdue it then?
Meta Knight: No one here's a Pokémon trainer, so stay back unless I say so.
Axe Knight & Mace Knight: Yes Sir![/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Kirby]Axe Knight & Mace Knight: Sir!
Waddle Dee: You're not going to believe this!
Meta Knight: What's all the ruckus for?
Captain Vul: E gad! Come quick; Kirby's participating in the battle!
Meta Knight: So it's finally time to exact my revenge. Attention crew, prepare for battle!
Axe Knight & Mace Knight: Yes Sir!
Meta Knight: Vul, power up the Heavy Lobster!
Captain Vul: Roger!
Meta Knight: Your objective is to take out the other fighters. Be cautious of the Copy Abilities he could use off them to mix up his attacks. Leave Kirby to me after you finish that.

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Donkey Kong]Waddle Dee: Did a gorilla escape from the zoo?
Meta Knight: That's not a gorilla, but a Kong. Donkey Kong, to be exact.
Waddle Dee: I dunno the difference.
Meta Knight: Kongs are apes that come in variety of body types. They are just as intelligent as we are.
Captain Vul: Donkey Kong was the trigger for Mario's first adventure. But this one's actually the son of the original Donkey Kong, who is now Cranky Kong.
Meta Knight: This Donkey Kong's had to defend his family's home on Kong Island from the mischief of Kremlings to tikis to Vikings. All over bananas.
Waddle DeeL Mmmm... Wait, why bananas?
Captain Vul: Donkey Kong LOVES his bananas; his family holds a huge stock of them. Not to mention how they taste.
Mace Knight: Oh yeah, the Kong's bananas are so tasty! I have some of them in my secret stash!
Axe Knight: Secret stash, you say!?
Mace Knight: Uh, I mean... nothing!
Captain Vul: Ay ay, so you are the one moochin' all of our food!
Mace Knight: Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry!
Captain Vul: You said those were Kong bananas, huh? You probably brought on a vendetta against us!
Meta Knight: Dishonorable conduct, Mace Knight. I order you to attack Donkey Kong.
Mace Knight: Oh, alright sir. I can't believe it comes down to this![/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Samus]Waddle Dee: Whoa, I don't think I've ever seen combat armor like that before.
Captain Vul: Why, that be Samus Aran. She's a galaxy-renown bounty hunter of the Galactic Federation.
Axe Knight: She's decked from head to toe! Look at that blaster. Those missiles. What about those bombs?
Mace Knight: Look at her go! She's so fast and sturdy in that armor.
Meta Knight: That's the Varia Suit. It's designed to resist all fire damage.
Waddle Dee: Is there a particular reason she's interested in the Halberd. I'd hate to be faced down her barrel.
Captain Vul: Oh, about that. She's all seriousness. She bears heavy scars from witnessing her parents be murdered by Ridley, a brutal space dragon who lead the Space Pirate invasion on her colony when she was only a little girl. She's killed tons of aliens over the years, including the entire Metroid species.
Axe Knight: Now this sounds fun! Let's get her already!
Meta Knight: I'll have you and Mace Knight stay back. Those are my orders.
Mace Knight: Why do you never let us have fun anymore!?
Axe Knight: C'mon! Please? I'll bring that armor back as a souvenir!
Meta Knight: You might as well be throwing your lives away.
Mace Knight: That's the duty of a Meta Knight!
Meta Knight: Alright then. You've taken up this creed. But you will get no honor upon death if your promise isn't fulfilled.
Axe Knight: I understand. Just let us go already!
Meta Knight: Don't disappoint me![/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Fox]Waddle Dee: That's one vulpine who looks like he knows the way of his craft. Why don't we have laser blasters or deflector shields, Sir?
Meta Knight: I haven't invested into the technology. We're fine how we are anyways.
Captain Vul: You're looking at Fox McCloud. Leader of the mercenary squad, Star Fox.
Axe Knight: What's so special about them anyways?
Captain Vul: They've defended the Lylat System from a cybernetic ape and his armies as well as space insects who sought to assimilate the galaxy into their own. They pilot the Arwings into battle. With a sleek aerofoil finish, G-Diffusor assisted flig-g-gh-
Mace Knight: What's happening?
Waddle Dee: I dunn-n-no-
Meta Knight: Somethi-ing-'s jam-m-ing the si-g-gna-l-l-
???: C-can't let... do...
Meta Knight: Sta-te yo-o-ur-
???: I'll k-i-ll th-h-em good.
???: R-r-ose-s h-h-ave th-orn-ns.
Meta Knight: I s-w-wear...
???: Looks like someone's tapping our wires! Things never change. Don't they, Star Fox?
Meta Knight: State your identity and affiliation.
???: Why should I answer to some anonymous freak?
Meta Knight: This is Meta Knight of the Meta Knights, communicating from Battleship Halberd on Line 3.
Wolf: Wolf O'Donnel of Star Wolf. Leon Pawloski and Panther Caruso are also here.
Waddle Dee: Star Wolf and Star Fox. Do you know something about Fox McCloud?
Leon: What did you expect?
Wolf: Yeah, we're rivals.
Meta Knight: I'm having some trouble with him on our vessel. Why don't you say we make a joint effort here and take him down?
Wolf: Hmmm. What's in it for us?
Meta Knight: I'll give you a hefty some of Dreamlandian Stars for the job. Approximately 1,000,000 Stars. Do you decline?
Wolf: Heh, sounds good. Let's take him out.
Leon: He's just going to end up like his father; dead!
Panther: I've got just the flower to commemorate this; forget-me-not.
Axe Knight: I call dibs on his pelts!
Mace Knight: We'll teach him not to cross Star Wolf nor the Meta Knights.
Meta Knight: Everyone, move out![/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Pit]Captain Vul: An angel has descended onto the Halberd!
Waddle Dee: Oh no, we're going to die, aren't we!?
Meta Knight: That's Pit. He's the captain of Palutena's Army as well as her messenger.
Captain Vul: Ay! That's quite a kit he's got there.
Meta Knight: He uses Palutena's Bow to snipe his enemies at a distance, the Upperdash Arm to knock them airborne, and the Guardian Orbitars to block attacks.
Axe Knight: I'm in the mood for some chicken wings!
Mace Knight: I don't think angel and chicken taste the same.
Axe Knight: Whatever! Our Lord is leagues above any goddess. I'll take him down!
Meta Knight: Sometimes it takes sin to achieve your goals. Try not to get in between him just yet.
Mace Knight: We'll always be waiting.[/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Bowser]Waddle Dee: There's a giant turtle dragon beast wreaking havoc on the deck!
Captain Vul: It can't be; King Bowser Koopa! What could he possibly want with us.
Meta Knight: Bowser's a brutal tyrant, stopping at nothing to steal Princess Peach to get the Mushroom Kingdom off guard. He's the arch nemesis of none other than Mario.
Captain Vul: Do you ever see a tyrant go solo? Besides, when's he finally going to take over the Mushroom Kingdom and quit the princess nappin'?
Meta Knight: Bowser may have... other intentions.
Captain Vul: ...
Waddle Dee: ...
Axe Knight: ...
Mace Knight: ...
Meta Knight: That's aside the point! Bowser's a hulking brute and he's going to be very dangerous to encounter.
Axe Knight: I might as well just take him out for what he does!
Mace Knight: A true monster indeed!
Meta Knight: He's a high priority target. Getting between him will instigate legions of Koopas upon us. Hold back for now.
Mace Knight: Oh, alright. Let those other fighters deal with it.[/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Villager]Captain Vul: Hey! This is a private vessel! We're not taking passengers on board!
Waddle Dee: He looks lost. Suppose someone should say something to that boy?
Meta Knight: That's the Villager, Mayor of Smashville. For being so optimistic and so young, I got to respect his approach to civilian politics. His daily duties consist of gardening, errands, and furniture-collecting. He also approves community projects for his animals to enjoy.
Waddle Dee: What could he possibly want to do with us? I serve a conqueror here!
Captain Vul: Just look at him! He's bringing saplings, shovels, axes, umbrellas, what have you! Escort this laddie before he gets himself in trouble!
Meta Knight: You know, I actually have some good ties with the Villager. He's permitted us to use his town's arena as a training ground.
Axe Knight: If you say that, how about I enact some diplomacy and stop those other guys from beating him up!
Mace Knight: I'll tell him Meta Knight sent us.
Meta Knight: Protect and escort the Villager! Get him some suitcases while you're at it.

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Mega Man]Waddle Dee: Hey, I know who that is! That's Mega Man!
Captain Vul: Heh, he's finally back in the game! Do you know how long it's been since we've last seen him? Look at all those Robot Master powers.
Meta Knight: Mega Man was designed by the late engineering professor, Dr. Light, in order to stop Dr. Wily from taking over the world with his Robot Masters. Each power is a remnant of his enemies.
Axe Knight: He's just like Kirby!
Mace Knight: I don't trust this guy, Sir.
Axe Knight: I'm not going to put up with this guy! Let's kill him!
Meta Knight: He has a different approach than Kirby. Kirby's a freeloader by inhaling enemies for Copy Abilities. Mega Man, on the other hand, has a fair duel.
Captain Vul: Carrying on the knowledge of your enemies, huh?
Waddle Dee: Deep, man.[/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Wii Fit Trainer]Captain Vul: I-I dunno how to explain this.
Meta Knight: What do you see?
Waddle Dee: There's a workout instructor fighting out on the Halberd.
Meta Knight: That's the Wii Fit Trainer. She aspires to get everyone healthy through exercise.
Axe Knight: I don't have those freaky arms and legs like she does! How do you even walk with those things?
Mace Knight: She knows how to do it and then some.
Meta Knight: Her routine just doesn't cater to our puffball body types.
Axe Knight: She got a bone to pick with us!?
Mace Knight: It's just how it is.
Waddle Dee: It doesn't work for a Waddle Dee either.
Captain Vul: Nor a seafowl!
Meta Knight: I know how to use my body for practical and combative use. It's something she'll never understand.
Mace Knight: We have pride on our side.[/collapse]

[collapse=The Meta Knights - Pikmin & Olimar]Waddle Dee: There's an astronaut with a horde of vegetable men following him!
Captain Vul: He's extremely tiny!
Meta Knight: That's Captain Olimar and his Pikmin. He's a voyage from the distant planet of Koppai. He befriended the Pikmin on his journey and they have pledged loyalty to him since.
Captain Vul: You aren't too different from him.
Meta Knight: It's all in good service. The Pikmin have different specialties just like my crew. The Red Pikmin are resistant to fire. The Yellow Pikmin have better range and are resistant to electricity. The Blue Pikmin are resistant to water. The Purple Pikmin are heavy hitters that deal dark damage. The White Pikmin deal poison damage. The Rock Pikmin are used for fully charged attacks for devastating power. And the Winged Pikmin carry Olimar to safety.
Waddle Dee: I wanna collect them all!
Captain Vul: I'm not gonna let an army hitchhike on my ship! I'll blast them right off!
Axe Knight: I can just stomp on them and they'll be done!
Mace Knight: Without their leader, Olimar's Pikmin army will fall apart.
Waddle Dee: Nooooo! Not the Pikmin! Let 'em come on here!
Captain Vul: On second though, getting a few POWs to do the chores around here sounds great!
Meta Knight: Olimar is needed to produce more of them. It's like he plucks them out of no where.
Axe Knight: So lemme dice 'em already!
Meta Knight: Let's see how far he holds up. He's taking on things that aren't his own size.[/collapse]

Tell me how you think I did! :grin:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I love this idea, God Robert's Cousin! Let my creativity flow!

Also, for Kirby, I would include the conversations between the Meta Knights in Meta Knight's Revenge in Kirby Super Star & Ultra. In fact, I'll start this new series. Everyone feel free to catch on.

First up, the confirmed characters thus far:

Tell me how you think I did! :grin:
Excellent! They all felt very genuine, though I did find Meta Knight to be more expository than his character would better show off. A few of the codecs also seemed like they ventured into more mature territory than you would expect in a Smash Bros. game, but hey, it's all in good fun. I enjoyed them.

Groose

Smash Champion

[collapse="Ridley"]
Otacon: "Snake! Be careful! That guy is dangerous!"
Snake: "You mean this dragon thing. He looks like he hasn't gotten a meal in ages."
Otacan: "He may look skinny but that thing fights with the ferocity of a demon! That's Ridley! Leader of the space pirates. He's the one responsible for the death of Samus' parents when she was a little girl."
Snake: "But Samus got her revenge right?"
Otacon: "Yes, but Ridley always finds some way to come back and hurt her. I don't think their rivalry will ever end."
Snake: "...Reminds me of someone I know..."
[/collapse]
[collapse="K.Rool"]
Snake: "Colonel! There's an alligator with a bloodshot eye."
Colonel: "Careful Snake. That's King K.Rool. The king of the Kremling Krew. They cause all sorts of trouble for the Kongs and he loves every minute of it."
Snake: "He doesn't seem like he's all there."
Colonel: "He's not. It's going to be difficult to fight him Snake. K.Rool is ridiculously strong and constantly uses dirty tactics to fight."
Snake: "I'm sure he won't be too difficult."
Colonel: "Just be wary if the credits pop up unexpectedly during the fight."
Snake: "Credits? Wait... He didn't.... Oh, that's just low..."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Isaac"]
Snake: "Mei Ling... There's another kid with a sword here."
Mei Ling: "Ah... This one's a bit different than the others. His name is Isaac and he's a Venus Adept."
Snake: "Venus Adept? He's from space?!?"
Mei Ling: "No... He's from a mountain village called Vale where people learn how to use Psyenergy. It's kind of like magic and psychic ability combined. There are four kinds of Psyenegry, each one representing a certain element. Isaac is a Venus Adept so he specializes on earth magic."
Snake: "Earth magic huh... Well that's new."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Little Mac"]
Mei-Ling: "Hey Snake. Have you ever heard that 'Big things come in small packages'"?
Snake: "Yeah. But that's not a Chinese Proverb."
Mei-Ling: "I know, but seeing Little Mac really reminds me of that saying. He's gone through impossible odds to achieve his dream of becoming champion of the World Video Boxing Association. He constantly faced bigger and stronger opponents. And he still came on top. I can't help but feel happy that the underdog won you know? "
Snake: "Fighting requires skill and timing. If he has both of those, he'll be more than enough for any opponent. Besides, size doesn't matter."
Mei-Ling: "*Snicker* Keep telling yourself that Snake."
Snake: "..."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Zoroark"]
Snake: "Colonel!!! This thing! It can shapeshift!"
Colonel: "Calm down Snake. You're fighting Zoroark. It's a pokemon. He's not actually changing shape. It's all an illusion."
Snake: "Illusions.... Like Decoy Octopus?"
Colonel: "Yes. Exactly."
Snake: " Might as well be Decoy Octopus. This thing looks sinister."
Colonel: "It's a dark type pokemon, but I assure you, Zoroark is not evil. I hear that they're actually pretty caring pokemon."
Snake: "Dark is not evil? Doesn't that go against the name of the type?"
Colonel: "Just because it's called something doesn't mean it is, Snake. Or are you telling me you slither?"
Snake: "Touche."
[/collapse]
[collapse="Lloyd"]
Otacon: Ah... You're fighting Lloyd, aren't you Snake?
Snake: The kid with two swords?
Otacan: Yes. Him! He's a powerful warrior who fought to bring two falling worlds together.
Snake: Two worlds huh? Kind of like what I'm in now?
Otacon: Uh... well....
Snake: Maybe I can ask him about this whole thing later. What weapons does he have?
Otacon: Well...he uses the Material Blade. Which is...two swords really. One sword has the power of fire while the other has the power of ice. He's an expert on swordplay so stay on your toes!
Snake: A kid who's good with swords saving the world huh? Where have I heard this before?
[/collapse]

Love the Ridley one in particular.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I forgot that this thread was a thing for quite some time now. We haven't seen a post here since August. We've got plenty more character reveals at this point, with Olimar, Luigi, Peach, Toon Link, Sonic, and Marth. Perhaps enough time and inspiration has passed for us to hear plenty more good codecs from the brilliant writers here at Smashboards, hm?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
[collapse="Villager"]
Snake: Colonel, I think there's a civilian on the battlefield. What do I do?
Colonel: Negative Snake. That's actually a fighter.
Snake: A fighter? What's he called?
Colonel: We don't know his name but others are calling him Villager.
Snake: Villager? Must be some kind of code name... What does he do?
Colonel: He seems to attack with every day objects. He'll dig a hole with a shovel, plant trees and even drop a bowling ball on your head.
Snake: Are you sure he's not a civilian?
Colonel: Snake, be careful. Even unorthodox fighters can be a real threat in smash. Stay on your toes.
Snake: If you say so...
[/collapse]
[collapse="Megaman"]
Otacon: Oh! You're fighting Megaman!
Snake: Megaman?
Otacon: Yeah! He's pretty famous all over the world. He's called Rock Man in Japan! He fights evil robots and copies their powers and uses them for good. It's kinda like one of my old animes. Although Megaman never had an anime. He did have some old car-
Snake: Copies robot's powers? I wonder what would happen if he copies the powers of a Metal Gear...
Otacon: Hm... I'm not sure....
Snake: Imagine the power he could get from one of those things. He's too dangerous! I've got to stop him.
Otacon: Hold on Snake! Megaman promised to never hurt people and to fight for everlasting peace. I think the world is safe.
Snake: Alright... But I'm ready to take him out if I have to.
[/collapse]
Snake: Mei-Ling, there's this pale woman in yoga pants jumping around.
Mei-Ling: Oh! You're talking about the Wii Fit Trainer.
Snake: Wii... Fit... Trainer? ...What?
Mei-Ling: She's a health nut. She wants to help make everyone fit. She originally appeared in Wii Fit and coached you to become healthy with the help of the Wii Balance Board.
Snake: And she's fighting because...?
Mei-Ling: I'm not entirely sure. Maybe fighting is a great work out routine. Maybe if I got down there and fought with you I could slim up...
Snake: Fighting is very dangerous Mei-Ling... I'm not sure if I could ensure your safety if you did.
Mei-Ling: On second thought...Maybe I won't fight with you.
Snake: Thought so.
Mei-Ling: Yeah... Besides, fighting didn't seem to help you lose much weight.
Snake: ...
[/collapse]

I took another crack at these.

What do you think of these updated codecs?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I took another crack at these.

What do you think of these updated codecs?
Subtle, yet effective. The Villager's updated codec is definitely better, but I feel like I like Mega Man's and WFT's old ones more.

Should I work on more Kid Icarus Codecs?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I made a Mario Pokédex entry:

Mario. Species: Jumpman. Type: Normal/Fire. Mario is the most famous videogame character ever. His main abilities are jumping and throwing fireballs, but he can do a lot more. He has more evolutions than Eevee!

Of course the "evolutions" are the transformations he gets from power-ups.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Subtle, yet effective. The Villager's updated codec is definitely better, but I feel like I like Mega Man's and WFT's old ones more.

Should I work on more Kid Icarus Codecs?
I'd love if you made more! Yours were some of the funniest, while still capturing all of the Uprising characters very well.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I made Codecs for Zelda and Sheik!
[collapse="Zelda"]Pit: Whoa, who's that lady?
Palutena: That's Zelda, the Princess of Hyrule, Bearer of the Triforce of- Pit, are you blushing?
Pit: Wha? No!
Palutena: Oh, Pit. Just be careful. She's trained in fierce magical attacks she obtained from the gods!
Pit: Wow, she looks so graceful. So she's like you then?
Palutena: Pit, we both no she's nothing like me.
Pit: You're right, Lady Palutena!
Palutena: Are you blushing again?
Pit: N-no! I-I...stop it![/collapse]
[collapse="Sheik"]Pit: Um, Viridi?
Viridi: What is it?
Pit: I was just fighting Zelda, and now there's this man fighting me. What's going on?
Viridi: That's still Zelda, brainless. Zelda had to disguise herself as a man named Sheik for seven years to hide from Ganondorf, the King of Evil. He wanted the Triforce of Wisdom she possessed to rule Hyrule.
Pit: Wow! Zelda can do some awesome magic!
Viridi: She's a potent spell-caster, Pit. What did you expect? You should never underestimate a lady, you know.
Pit: What's that supposed to mean?
Viridi: Ugh, never mind. Just be on your guard. Sheik was trained by the Sheikah in martial arts. He has some powerful attacks so be careful of him!
Pit: Don't you mean "her"?
Viridi: Yes... no? Oh, leave me alone.[/collapse]

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I like this thread. Here's some more codec conversations.

[collapse=Bowser Jr.]
Campbell: I see you're fighting Bowser Jr., Snake.
Snake: So, this is Bowser's son. Doesn't seem as intimidating as his dad.
Campbell: That's right. But when he grows up, he'll be the ruler of the Koopa Kingdom, and be just as fearsome as his father.
Snake: Hmm...then why is he here now? Shouldn't he be waiting a few years before stepping into the ring?
Campbell: Despite his age, Bowser Jr. is just as determined to defeat Mario as his father. He's often deployed as his own henchman, though he doesn't seem to mind much.
Snake: Hm…
Campbell: Is there something wrong, Snake?
Snake: Some would take offense to being born into a life of war because of their father's own ambitions.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mii]
Snake: Who am I fighting now?
Otacon: Oh, Mii.
Snake: No, who am I FIGHTING?
Otacon: Mii.
Snake: Otacon, is there an interference?
Otacon: I hear you loud and clear.
Snake: Then who am I fighting?
Otacon: Mii.
Snake: …
Otacon: You know, a Mii. They're avatars that can be used in a variety of games. They can look like anyone, even you or me.
Snake: I wish that one looked like you right now.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Pac-Man]
Snake: Hey! It's Pac-Man!
Mei Ling: You recognize him, Snake?
Snake: Of course. He's famous. I'm not that disconnected.
Mei Ling: No, of course not. Did you know that Pac-Man was the first game that was very popular with women? It says a lot about how games have changed over the years.
Snake: What do you mean?
Mei Ling: Well, a female could be playing this game right now.
Snake: …
Mei Ling: Which means that you could technically be a girl, Snake.
Snake: ...He looks an awful lot like Ms. Pac-Man, doesn't he?
[/collapse]

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Some more Kid Icarus stuff:
[collapse=Luigi]
Hades: Hello there, do-gooder. Though I guess I can't really say that since you're beating up ol' Luigi there!
Pit: Hades! If you're here to give me intel, then I don't need it! He's Mario's brother after all. He's pretty well known.
Hades: As well known as someone who has constantly been pushed into the sidelines until recently could be, I suppose.
Pit: R-riiight.
Hades: You know, Pitty, he's a lot like you actually. Except that effectively HE was also pushing YOU into the sidelines for a long time.
Pit: Yeah, you don't need to remind me of that.
Hades: I guess you could say that you should hold a grudge against most of the characters here! After all, if it weren't for them then maybe "Kid Icarus" could've gotten more games.
Pit: I doubt it was intentional on their part.
Hades: You know, it would make sense that Luigi is the one responsible for making sure all series don't get lifted off the ground. Maybe he's just so tired of being cast aside that he wants to do the same to others.
Pit: Just!...go away.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Jigglypuff]
Viridi: Aaaw, it's so cute!
Pit: What, the round squishy thing?
Viridi: It's not JUST a "round squishy thing," Pit. That's a Jigglypuff! It's a Pokemon, and it's a master of aerial combat! It's multiple jumps let it practically fly through the air!
Pit: Are you trying to tell me even that thing can beat me at flying?!
Viridi: Well, just about everything can! Still though, be careful. Jigglypuff may be slow on the ground, but it can absolutely murder you if you aren't prepared for a battle in the air!
Pit: Well, I've done enough air battles to feel confident. Bring it on!
Viridi: Just remember that it has a...super secret attack!
Pit: What, a secret attack?! What is it!?
Viridi: Let's just say you don't want it to sleep on you.
[/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom