• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Cheat Sheet

MagnumMuskox

Smash Cadet
So, I've been trying to amass an effective character cheat sheet that I can carry with me to brackets. Something that's small and will remind me of things that I've already studied and should know. But let's be honest, it's hard to keep track of all 55 characters (plus Miis).

So here's what I have so far. But I need help determining if I got anything wrong, am missing something I should have, or if I have something unnecessary taking up space.

I have a legend below the image for clarification.

Jumps: How many jumps a character has, including their grounded jump (characters with only 2 jumps are left blank)

Wall Jump: Can the character wall jump? If they can also Wall Cling, this is noted.

Empty UpB: The character's upB recovery is not an attack if marked. If marked "Able", then they are able to attack out of their upB recovery.

SA: The character has at least one move with Super Armour (unstoppable move, but will still take damage)

HA: The character has at least one move with Heavy Armour (Move is stoppable with high damage/knockback)

Pull: The character has at least one move with a "pull" effect.

Push: The character has at least one move with a "push" effect.

Deflect: The character has a method of deflecting projectiles. Bucket and Pocket are noted separately as they do not act the same way as traditional deflectors.

Counter: The character has at least one move that counters attacks.

Grapple: The character has an extended grab beyond their typical reach. Any character with a "T" can also use their grab as a tether for returning to the ledge or attacking in the air.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Charey

Smash Apprentice
Charizard has a push wind box on his down tilt. You don't see it most of the time because the hotbox is only a frame later.

It's easiest to see if someone grabs him out of down tilt making both characters slide half the stage.

Ninja101

Smash Rookie
NNID
bilsonby
Greninja has a very big hitbox for all variations of it's grab (especially pivot-grab) even though it's only a non-tether grab. Maybe that counts?

Top Bottom