• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Battle Tournaments

Studstill

Smash Ace
Each character has their own tournament!

Prizes announced upon each Tournaments start.

Rules:

Use only [character whose tournament it is].

First Stage is [character`s stage].

Second Stage is Dream Land.

Continue to alternate after that.

Will start with 16 people or 32 if necessary.

Double Elimination

Matches are Best of 5, 5 Stocks.

All Semis and Finals are Best of 5, 7 Stocks or Best of 7, 5 Stocks.

Character Stages:
Saffron: Pikachu & Jigglypuff
Congo: Donkey Kong
Peach`s Castle: Mario & Luigi
Hyrule: Link & Captain Falcon
Sector Z: Fox & Ness
Zebes: Samus
Yoshi`s Island: Yoshi
Mushroom Kingdom: Kirby

https://AdvancedBrackets.com
for all tournament links​

Last edited:

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
I like the idea of this! Ahaha, I remember playing you long ago studstill. Its 1panda80.
Ill sign up for most of the character battles :p

Studstill

Smash Ace
Heyyo got a few people signed up. Get in, defend your honor and claim the title of Champion for your character!

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Jiggly fox and falcon tourneys will be awesome!!!!!
Maybe even the link and pikashy ones too

Studstill

Smash Ace
Kimi, they could start tomorrow if they fill up!

HEY SO THIS TOTALLY ISN`T A BUMP! I JUST WANTED TO SAY HEY TO @ KoRoBeNiKi KoRoBeNiKi
HEY KORO!

Last edited by a moderator:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
you should list all of the tournaments separately in your first link. Joined a bunch personally.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
just a thought--would be fun to have all the eventual tournament winners play each other... might have some bearing on the new tier list under construction.

also studstill i somehow heard that you may play chess... i'm planning on sticking around the 64 boards as a metagame developer of sorts for a while so perhaps if that's the case we could play a few games from time to time. i'm ninjawarrior on fics, uscf rating around~1900. not to brag but i'm the local champ in my area (north olympic peninsula, WA) so i wouldn't be wasting your time if you're good.

Shears

Smash Master
just a thought--would be fun to have all the eventual tournament winners play each other... might have some bearing on the new tier list under construction.

also studstill i somehow heard that you may play chess... i'm planning on sticking around the 64 boards as a metagame developer of sorts for a while so perhaps if that's the case we could play a few games from time to time. i'm ninjawarrior on fics, uscf rating around~1900. not to brag but i'm the local champ in my area (north olympic peninsula, WA) so i wouldn't be wasting your time if you're good.
@ KoRoBeNiKi KoRoBeNiKi

Pretty sure he plays chess.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
thanks for the input shears & nice to meet you!
=D
Hey there

http://en.lichess.org/@/CabassoG (My preferred website for blitz, try it if you have never been there, much better connection.)

www.chess.com/members/view/Cabasso Preferred website for slow

http://www6.chessclub.com/finger/CabassoG (Haven't been on there for a while)

FICS is the same but I have not been on there in ages, can't find anyone's name.

http://www.uschess.org/assets/msa_joomla/MbrDtlMain.php?12812057 and http://main.uschess.org/datapage/gamestats.php Here is my USCF rating/stats. I am much better at blitz than slow (can't take my time)

Last edited:

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
cool man nice ratings! i think i'm something like 1880 uscf but pretty sure my true strength is probably 100-200 points higher at this point, as i haven't played any rated games in years.

i pretty much only play 3 0 unrated on fics as ninjawarrior, but i could play whatever time control you like if we end up getting some games in sometime.

i have been getting deeply into smash 64 lately, so the extent of my chess-related endeavors has reduced to essentially just keeping up with the elite tournaments on chessgames.com, but it would be great to have a sparring partner that also speaks smash!

i guess my only real claim to fame in this life so far is that i got a fighting draw in a simultaneous exhibition at the 2000 us open in las vegas vs. hikaru nakamura, now world #3! woo!

:)

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Warning Received
I`d probably get wrecked. Sure man, um pm me on how to play chess online, lol.
@ Koro, yeah I think people should join all the ones want. I`m joined all.
I really would like to get these up to 32 people. I`m not sure how that seems not possible.
Yeah a tournament afterwards, with all the winners, playing the character of the tournament they won.
Ha! Pika, Kirby, Yoshi, Fox get the byes. Stage setting would alternate between the two character boards and DL.
Ya great idea. A true tournament of champions. There will be prizes for these, hrmm the final one idea is awesome, way to go Koro.

draw vs. hikaru nakamura, now world #3! woo!
:)
topples own king

Last edited by a moderator:

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
heh & meh... he was only 15 & i was 19, but he was already very good at that point (he won the us open 5 years later, and beat several grandmasters at the 2000 us open we were at) so it's a fun story now. :)

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
nah man chess is the best game period. no luck involved, just a good old-fashioned mental fight to the death. nothing gets your adrenaline going like a 7-hour tournament game.

which reminds me... computers have advanced the game theory of chess immensely. how flipping cool would it be to somehow do the same for smash 64?

that's my dream for this game; reprogramming the ai to continuously keep pace with metagame advancements that are made. oh man the things we'd learn from watching it play itself i'm telling you... did you know that the best chess-playing computer programs are now far stronger than even the world champion now? i mean it's not even close...

Top Bottom