• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaos: Floods in! Open Your Heart, Vote chaos in the Ballot

Nose Dive

Smash Rookie
Most of you most likely remember the liquid menace from Sonic Adventure. I think he deserves more recognition as a character, he seems like he could have been greatly expanded upon, but this is his chance to make a return.
Chaos: who is he?
Chaos is a divine, immortal, god like creature. In the game Sonic Adventure, he plays the main antagonist. Chaos started out as a normal chao, but prolonged periods of being exposed caused the chaos emeralds mutated him. He used his new powers to help the chao, but after witnessing a tribe of echidna trying to use the emeralds for evil and injuring the chao in the process, he became angry. Chaos caused, well chaos by using the energy of the emeralds and destroyed the echidna tribes civilization. However Choas became sealed in the master emerald. Chaos gave the name "chaos emeralds" to the emeralds.

Fast forward to sonic adventure, eggman releases chaos in an attempt to "tame" him and use him to destroy civilization so the "robotnic land" can be built. Sonic and friends try to stop chaos, however chaos manages to collect all 7 chaos emeralds and becomes perfect chaos. Sonic then has to stop him by taking the positive energy from the emeralds. Chaos then becomes his once peaceful self after his defeat.

In further games of the series, chaos is sometimes mentioned or used as a back story. However, a game featuring chaos is long overdue.

Why Chaos?

Chaos is one of the most unique characters in the sonic series, and despite him lacking a true appearance in any recent games, he does play an important role in the back story to many games and the series in general. Many players may not want another sonic character, but chaos is like no other. He is not your generic sonic fighter, his basic physical abilities alone would make him a very unique character.

Is Chaos still relevant?

Yes, chaos may not be mentioned that much in recent sonic games, however in the lore he still plays a large role. You could call him the equivalent to a forerunner in the halo series. He plays an important role in the back story in some of the newer games, sometimes he is referenced as a nod that the devs still recognize him. So Chaos is not forgotten by the devs, we should not forget about chaos either.
Move set?

Chaos also has a wide variety of abilities and physical properties. He has a total of 8 forms, all of which could make for a great move set. Feel free to add your own.

Neutral attack- Chaos slightly stretches his arms in a punch
Dash attack- Chaos becomes a pool of damaging water and slides
Up tilt- Chaos roundhouse kicks above him
side tilt- Chaos charges up a powerful extended arm punch
Down tilt- Chaos slams his arms into the ground causing orbs of water to shoot up
Up smash- Chaos charges up a powerful punch to send upward.
Down smash- Chaos sends out an explosion of water
Side smash- Chaos's arms become spikes and shoot out.
Up aerial- Chaos jumps up and uses his arms like drills.
Forward aerial- Chaos uses his arms as a drill in a forward direction
Neutral aerial- Chaos extends his arms and spins
Back aerial- Chaos stretches his legs out for a kick
Down aerial- Chaos uses his legs as a drill
Up special- Chaos glides upward in a "superman" like pose, water shoots from beneath causing damage
Side special- Chaos slams both arms on the ground causing a damaging wave, players under his arms get stuck in the ground
Down special-Chaos becomes invulnerable to projectiles, absorbs them to recover health, more damage=more health
Neutral special- Chaos sprays high pressure water from his hands
Grab attack- Chaos stretches his arms out to grab the player
Up throw- Chaos launches the player using a fountain of water
Forward throw- Chaos spins the player around and throws them
Back throw- Chaos grabs the players by the leg and swings them into the ground twice before releasing
Down throw- Chaos slams the player into the ground
Final smash-Chaos gathers the chaos emeralds to become perfect chaos and dashes across the map

Alternate costumes
Although there are not many to choose from, and I am no computer artist, I think an artificial chaos skin would be interesting.(the helmet)
Some colors that would make sense would be colors based off the chaos emeralds

Open your Heart: Vote Chaos
Chaos as a character in smash has a lot of potential, maybe getting some recognition to chaos here could give him a chance in his series again (if so, hopefully a good game). Vote Chaos into the smash ballot, if there should be another sonic character in smash, it should be Chaos. The man who put the "chaos" in "chaos emeralds"

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It would be cool, but I believe Chaos getting in would be very, very, very, very, VERY unlikely. I mean, with all the Sonic characters we have, I doubt Sega would decide to include Chaos, especially since he has not made any appearances lately.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love chaos I would rather see him in his own stage as a stage boss but that's just my opinion.

Top Bottom