• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing Song Names?

Icarus Aurelius

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheIcarus1632
3DS FC
5327-0988-2034
So I'm relatively new to Brawl hacking, and even newer to project m. right now i'm currently replacing some of the songs using project m. my question is how do you change the name of the song so that they appear that way in game. ex. if i wanted to change final destination to another song, where would i go to change the name of that song? any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks! :)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
projectm>pf>info2>info.pac. Open that with brawlbox and locate MiscData[140]. From there you can change the name of songs. When you're finished editing that, right click miscdata[140] and export it to any location, then save the file.
Now go into pf>menu2 and open mu_menumain.pac. Locate MiscData[7] and right click and hit replace. Select the file you exported from info2 and replace with that. Now save and you're done.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
It still works. It's never not going to work. Maybe you've made an error somewhere.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't this method no longer work on 3.0(1)? It won't work for me...
I'd use this if I were you rather than manually changing them in Brawlbox:
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/songmanager/

Here's your instructions:
1. Open the app, select "Options" at the top, and "Group songs by stage".
2. Go to "File" and select "Change directory"
3. Select the location on your computer where the "projectm" and "codes" folders are stored [selecting the "strm" folder where you store songs also works].
4. To add songs, drag and drop them into the manger and rename them to match the correct song ID [e.g. W21.brstm for Battlefield (Melee)].
5. Song IDs with an asterisk [*] have songs in the strm folder that match that ID. To rename one of those songs in brawl, click it and edit the text box along the top of the screen.
6. When you're finished adding and renaming, go to "File" and select "Save info.pac" [overwrite when it asks]. Then go to "Tools" and select "Update mu_menumain" [overwrite when it asks].

You should be good after that.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
I'd use this if I were you rather than manually changing them in Brawlbox:
http://www.lakora.us/brawl/songmanager/

Here's your instructions:
1. Open the app, select "Options" at the top, and "Group songs by stage".
2. Go to "File" and select "Change directory"
3. Select the location on your computer where the "projectm" and "codes" folders are stored [selecting the "strm" folder where you store songs also works].
4. To add songs, drag and drop them into the manger and rename them to match the correct song ID [e.g. W21.brstm for Battlefield (Melee)].
5. Song IDs with an asterisk [*] have songs in the strm folder that match that ID. To rename one of those songs in brawl, click it and edit the text box along the top of the screen.
6. When you're finished adding and renaming, go to "File" and select "Save info.pac" [overwrite when it asks]. Then go to "Tools" and select "Update mu_menumain" [overwrite when it asks].

You should be good after that.
KICKASS! THANKS

mightyXtreme

Smash Rookie
NNID
mightyXtreme4
Hate to bump this thread, but I followed the directiong that Knightlitespeed gave for the song manager, but I don't know what to do after it's saved. How do I get it onto my SD card because it wouldn't work after following each step.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
Did you edit the songs directly on your SD card directly, or did you edit a backup on your computer?

Also, when you try to play the song in game, is there no sound at all or does the same song that the game normally plays start?

mightyXtreme

Smash Rookie
NNID
mightyXtreme4
The song I wanted is there and it does play, but I followed the change directory step and only one folder showed up so i assumed it was on my sd card, i may jsut have to double check. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom