• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes you would have made to a character moveset ?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hello lads ! Luggy here. Here, have some music as I talk about this funny idea I wanted to share with.

We all have a character or multiple characters that we would love to see using some moves, but aren't in the game. Those moves could give a different approach about some characters. So, why not sharing those ideas ?
You can take any character you want from Smash 4 and change a move or two. You can even do a full moveset if you want, that could be interresting. The objectif here is to share your ideas about new moves that could fit a character and would have changed his gameplay. Don't take irreal stuff though, take the most logical ones.
Let's start, shall we ?

:4mario:Mario :

We all know what moves I want to change on this character, and I know you want it too. So here it is : changing the Fludd from Super Mario Sunshine by the Hammer from the Mario&Luigi series, as well as from the Paper Mario series.
The Hammer is well known weapon from those two series and would give Mario a better way deal big damages, as well as a new K.O ability. Unliky the Fludd, wich is innoffensive, the Hammer could usable on the ground and in the air, just like Kirby. However, it could work just like the games he came from : letting the hammer charges make the power stronger. You could still hit people fast by just taping the B button two times. In the air, Mario could do a spin, just like Kirby before Brawl.
The Hammer could represent a little bit better Mario. At least more than the Fludd.

So, what are your ideas ?

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I don't know if this counts but I'd NOT have changed Wario's forward smash from his Wario Land shoulder to generic punch #53.

Damn you, Sakurai.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this counts but I'd NOT have changed Wario's forward smash from his Wario Land shoulder to generic punch #53.

Damn you, Sakurai.

I personally think the punch is better gameplay wise, but yeah removing the should charge was a terrible idea, should've made it a tilt or something.

I have a couple ideas, like Luigi's side b instead uses the Poltergust (simply cosmetic, he blows the air out of the vacuum or it explodes out), Bowser's neutral B should be the fire ball from SMB like the custom special except just normally to differentiate from Charizard, Yoshi should get a marker for where his egg is going like in Yoshi's island along with having random eggs bounce. Ganondorf should get a projectile with his warlock punch, a shining ball that works like a gordo and bounces back would be great. Toon Link has a couple obvious ones that are always brought up (Leaf, hammer, etc etc).

I always have a bunch of ideas for Smash movesets.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Oh, there are so many.
I think many 64 characters were designed with 3 specials, so their side special in Melee was usually just "move forward at the opponent." If it were up to me, many of these would change.

DK would get a coconut gun instead of another way to hit people really hard.
Yoshi would have the egg toss as side, and a new up-special.
Luigi would get a poltergust as mentioned above.
And Jiggs would get anything other than rollout. Maybe sing for neutral and a new up-special.

I have never really been a fan of Wario's moveset. I would love to see a bomb from Warioware be his neutral, similar to Mega-man's custom move.
Lastly, I wanted a fishing hook for Villager that puts opponents toward you, but I don't know how it would be incorporated/what it would replace.

I could come up with lots more haha, but these are good for now.

Top Bottom