• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Change of View: What We Don't Wanna See

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
must refrain from correcting everyone who has negatively biased opinions on characters in this thread besides that one comment on cute Pokemon...

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
He?

Oh, and this thread will descend into flames, some of them being from me @the anti-Ridleys.
Not to be johnny raincloud here but you guys wouldnt know flames if a firebomb hit you. These are more like fanboy ramblings, easily culled by mods but not worth the time.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
-Another Delay
-Alt. Costumes ONLY for Wario (I'd like to see Mario (Dr. Mario), Link (Young Link) or Pikachu (Pichu) or any others having alt. costumes, but I doubt it'll happen.)
-Weak character roster (Not really worried.)

D

Deleted member

Another thing: no more third parties, other than Megaman.

This isn't Mugen or something. Other characters need to have benefited Nintendo.

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
Oh, and this thread will descend into flames, some of them being from me @the anti-Ridleys.

Zoomer for Brawl then.

I count Ridley as only an enemy who can take a few more missiles then the rest. Hardly a threat too, compared to Ganondorf and Bowser. The Prime series has done him some justice, making him quite harder, but guess who's been ignoring the Prime series for the most part. :laugh: (Sakurai, if you didn't get that)

Ridley has never been a major plot device to any extent besides TWO instances:

•The killing of Samus' colony and parents, invoking her vengeance and what she wanted to do.
•The Stealing of the Metroid Larva from Ceres Station.

THAT'S IT. For the rest of the time, he's just cannon foddler that you had to deal with at one point of the game.

Ganondorf is a major plot point in most Zeldas, and is the mover and shaker of said Zeldas. If something is wrong, it's most likely Ganondorf's fault. Same with Bowser in most Mario games.

Getting ahead of myself, but I REALLY don't want to see Ridley in Brawl. He just DOESN'T fit. AT ALL. Boss, sure. Enemy later on the line, okay. AT, getting into the weirding-out zone. Character, holy crap what have you done?!

tl;dr: BAWWW NO RIDLEY PLZ

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
-Another Delay
-Alt. Costumes ONLY for Wario (I'd like to see Mario (Dr. Mario), Link (Young Link) or Pikachu (Pichu) or any others having alt. costumes, but I doubt it'll happen.)
-Weak character roster (Not really worried.)
Link going to Young Link is a bit much for a costume change, same with Pikachu to Pichu, there's serious size differences there. Pikachu to Raichu is more likely, they have similar shapes, and maybeLink with the Zora Armor or Magic Armor from TP.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Miis (awful idea)
Customizable movesets/characters (make things unfair)
Rayman (awful character)
AC human (should be Tom Nook)
More stupid music (Porky's theme)

All my opinion :)

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
what I don't wanna see is less than 50 characters.

I also don't wanna see people saying they don't want to see certain characters. Have we learned nothing from SMYN??? I bet if the characters all of you people don't want are in, you'll still play the game. That bet seems like a sure thing, so stfu about not wanting characters, it doesnt hurt anything, not even another characters chances (like gimpy and SP say)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Honestly, I can't see how anyone would NOT want a particular character in Brawl. The more the merrier. Everyone is welcome. If a character turns out crappy or you don't like him/her, no one's forcing you to use him/her. His presence in the game won't ruin anything.
And to those people saying "X character doesn't fit" or "you can't make a movelist for him", that's nonsense. Nintendo can make a reasonable movelist for any character if they feel like, and there's no such thing as "not fitting into Brawl".
No one thought that a character like Solid Snake would be in Brawl, but no one is questioning his presence now. If he can get in, anyone can.
I just don't want to see clones in Brawl, (not that I'm too worried).

darkNES386

Smash Lord
- Not giving each character at least 6 color schemes like Sakurai said; this is directed mainly at Pikachu, who has his red, green, and blue colors revealed, and has two more to go, which would be perfect fits for a Raichu and Pichu palette swap

- Wario actually being the only one with alt costumes :(
The only problem with that idea is the overall hitbox for the character would need to change... would that work?

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
I would hate to see the following in Brawl:

-Ashley. Give me a break.
-Geno. He's the most ugly character every created with a **** personality, he even sucked in SMRPG.
-Ridley. No.
-Any square character. This includes Sora (ugh) and ESPECIALLY Cloud. If a squaresoft character must get it, make it MOG!
-Marth. My experiences with him in melee have made me loathe him.
-Sheik. Lamest weeaboo character ever created, shouldn't have even existed in OOT
-Pichu. Waste of space on the roster.
-Knuckles or any other Sonic variant. They're all lame virtually reskinned versions of Sonic, besides Tails.

And most of all...

NO KRYSTAL. FOR THE LOVE OF [insert deity here] AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, WE HAVE ENOUGH FURRIES IN BRAWL.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
What I don't want to see?
Dang, there's so much I want to say but I can't express it in words.
But here's one thing.
More usless Pokeball Pokemon. I'm not talking Wobbufet, or however the hell you spell it, but I'm talking more Pokemon like Goldeen, and Mew/Celebi. If there are more Goldeen-like Pokemon, that won't make me as angry as more Mew-like ones. I mean, Goldeen actually stuck around. Mew just ran off. I hope we have no more Pokeball Pokemon who do NOTHING.
Unless it's Magikarp. That is excusable.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, let's see.

1) Any other playable Pokemon other than those who make sense: Lucario, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff. And no to Pichu or any other electric rodent. One is enough and that spot belongs to Pikachu.

2) Playable Megaman, Ridley or Miis. Actually, I always preferred Ridley as a boss. Megaman seems too much like Samus although I wouldn't mind him as an AT.

3) Another freakin' delay.

4) Wolf AND Krystal as playables. Personally, I think only one should make it, and I am more for Krystal for her originality potential.

5) Unbalanced cast - I don't want to see a Melee-Fox who has speed and power who cannot be stopped if played right.

6) Sorry to say, but playable Olimar. I have a hard time grasping him in Brawl although I am fine if he's in.

7) Playable cell-shaded Link. I won't like the feel of it...

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman

-Geno. He's the most ugly character every created with a **** personality, he even sucked in SMRPG.
-Any Square character. This includes Sora .

And most of all...

NO KRYSTAL. FOR THE LOVE OF [insert deity here] AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, WE HAVE ENOUGH FURRIES IN BRAWL.
I actually agree with these... oh and a delay of course is something else I don't want to see.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion

-Ridley. No.
-Any square character. This includes Sora (ugh) and ESPECIALLY Cloud. If a squaresoft character must get it, make it MOG!
-Marth. My experiences with him in melee have made me loathe him.
-Sheik. Lamest weeaboo character ever created, shouldn't have even existed in OOT
-Knuckles or any other Sonic variant. They're all lame virtually reskinned versions of Sonic, besides Tails.

And most of all...

The only two I agree with are Ashley, Sora and Pichu. For the rest, you're talking out of your ***.

And at least give a reason for Ridley not being in. Amuse me.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
whoa, an interesting topic for once.

anyways, i didnt want coin mode but i guess i lost that war, temple is already confirmed (ugh, my friends like to play there and i don't). im not a fan of brinstar depths, i dont like Marth [or Roy] (as a character, who honestly had played or even heard of fire emblem pre melee).

Push start after the round ends, u know how many thousands of times in melee i tell my friends "push start".

luckycharmstrixme12

Smash Apprentice
Wow. I am extremely picky so this list might be kinda big.
Olimar, *cough*ridley*cough, King K. Rool, Megaman-I mean I like him alot but he would be pretty similar to samus, and AC character and Wario
Wait a sec......
EDIT 1: Oh and G&W, Pichu, Young Link, Dr.Mario
EDIT 2:AC character includes Tom Nook

Zek

Smash Ace
When did people start thinking Ashley had any chance of being playable? They wouldn't have put her theme up like that if she was.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Unbalanced roster is my biggest worry. I know some characters will inevitably be better than others but at least keep it tight.

Certain character inclusions wouldn't bother me. While I don't personally like Krystal there are a lot of people who do and want to see her in the game. More power to them if she's in the game, I just won't play as her.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
No Captain Falcon. It's time for some change, let's go Black Shadow!

Yes, I'm serious. Yes, I know it won't happen, but I can dream.

M.K

Level 55
I don't want to see Fox at the top of a tier. Ever again. Let's see...i don't know...Pokemon Trainer's Ivysaur at the top!

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
The only problem with that idea is the overall hitbox for the character would need to change... would that work?
would it really be that much of a change? I don't know much about hitboxes, but didn't Pikachu's hats (especially the blue party hat) have some sort of change to his hitbox?

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
Just my opinion here, but I wouldn't like to see any clones (although that's pretty much deconfirmed, I guess). Also, another delay, those are bad.

Mama

Smash Ace
Same number of female characters and an increase in male characters. It may be called Smash BROS but I'm sure no straight guy would enjoy a sausage fest fighter. Icluding characters like Krystal would raise the number of female characters but they've already killed off the possibility of Lyn, one of the only other female characters I thought would be a nice addition to the roster.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Same number of female characters and an increase in male characters. It may be called Smash BROS but I'm sure no straight guy would enjoy a sausage fest fighter. Icluding characters like Krystal would raise the number of female characters but they've already killed off the possibility of Lyn, one of the only other female characters I thought would be a nice addition to the roster.
. . . I really do not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom