• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Change Item Frequency??

sssetz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4940-5964-6193
So the only real problem I am having so far is the frequency of item drops and not being able to change it like in the past. Before we could choose between Hi, Low and Normal item drops as well as turning them all completely on or off. I dont see any way so far that that choice is here in the 3DS version (unless it is unlockable like More Options as well).

I am a player that loves items but I would really appreciate being able to turn the frequency down to Low since I feel they drop a bit too much right now.

It is an unfortunate omission. However, I played several matches where I disabled items that bothered me (about a third of them) and it felt like the item spawn rate was similarly reduced. Maybe they're connected now? Number of items checked on equals spawn frequency? I've not tested it thoroughly though, since I went back to no-item conditioning.

S2

Smash Lord
Testing around in training, it seems pretty reasonable that the omission of item frequency is probably due to the 3DS hardware. The items seem to fixed on low and I'm fairly certain this is to keep it running at a consistent framerate. Bigger items like Pokeballs and assist trophies are fixed so only 1 can exist at once with a cooldown time after the pokemon/assist disappears.

It may be back in the Wii U version. At least it should be since leaving it out for parity with the 3DS would be terrible design. Sakurai already stated that Wii U cut Ice Climbers so that the rosters would be the same on both versions, that already makes me facepalm.

Top Bottom