• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: Mewtwo Strikes Back

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
During yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo confirmed the release of Mewtwo for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U DLC. Mewtwo first appeared in Super Smash Brothers Melee but was one of the few characters removed for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. A long time favorite, Mewtwo was introduced to the Pokemon franchise in Pokemon Red and Blue as a legendary character with psychic abilities. In Super Smash Brothers Melee, Mewtwo was considered a low tier character. Will things shape up different for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U? Check out the new MewTwo forums to learn more!

Mewtwo will be available for download to Club Nintendo members beginning April 15th, 2015. Beginning April 28th, 2015, it will be available for purchase. Check out the official site for DLC information. MewTwo will cost $3.99 on for each individual system (Wii U, 3DS) or $4.99 for both.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Anyone else more hyped about Lucas?
Hell yeah, We already knew mewtwo was coming. I don't know why people were so hyped, I mean I guess it's kinda cool to actually see him in action but nothing to spaz at like I did with Lucas (I'm not joking, I was basically having a seizure)

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Wondering if the footage in this trailer is post balance patch...

I mean if the patch comes out with mewtwo, it makes sense. Anybody see anything off?

aleckermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
aleckermit
Mmmmmm... I can't wait to destroy all the scrubby For Glory Mewtwos on the 15th :4wario2:.

REELYFEALINGIT!!

Smash Rookie
NNID
Andayyy
The hype's real. I'M REALLY FEELING IT!! Tho I was hoping we'd get an update on Tournament mode and the Miiverse stage. I suppose this oughta tide me over for a bit (I get my code on the 15th :3 )

D

Deleted member

I hope Mewtwo gets buffed for Smash 4, in Melee he was crappy af :/

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Over a decade later, yes, welcome back <3 Lucas is awesome too, and I'm sure they're keeping Wolf hush for now, but he's definitely on the way to buy them some more time for a total newcomer.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Finally. Feels good to have my favorite character back in Smash!

Mewtwo's lookin' good, as near as I can tell. I kinda wish his flex (nair) was a bit flashier, but whatevs. His dair looks waaaaay more powerful, as does his up smash.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
I LOVE MEWTWO SO MUCH ;-;
IM MAINING HIM AND SONICCCCCCC

APRIL 15TH COME FASTER

Owlflame

Smash Apprentice
A little dissapointed. He should be OK. But I don't think he's gonna break into A tier or even B+

SegaFan1992

Smash Rookie
from what I can see here is what we got: mewtwo is guaranteed faster. I have checked back to melee his movement speed is waaay better. in terms of power he looks like he is stronger however we will have to wait until he comes out to be sure. he looks like he might be b or even c tier, definitely not Diddy crushing material but a good contender nonetheless. however with the possible nerfs Diddy's days could be numbered and I won't no his placement then. so all in all I got a good feeling for him.:mewtwomelee:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
A little dissapointed. He should be OK. But I don't think he's gonna break into A tier or even B+
Melee Mewtwo had his flaws, but he still had good juggles and was just good in neutral. I'm sure that since Sakurai paid more attention to character balance this time around, more than any smash game and especially since were getting a balance patch, Mewtwo will fair well against everyone else.

BUT LUCAS?!

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
all I could think of when I saw his final smash... BRAINSHOCK! (I thought something else instead, but I don't think I can say it)

Top Bottom