• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: Lucas Comes out of Nowhere!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
During yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo announced the addition of Lucas to Super Smash Brothers for Wii U. Lucas came as a complete surprise to most. Lucas appeared in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, released in 2008, as a clone character of Ness from the Nintendo franchise Earthbound. In Brawl, Lucas and Ness both saw sparse tournament play as mid-tier characters. The addition of Lucas could mean that Nintendo plans to keep a consistent flow of DLC for Super Smash Brothers Wii U and 3DS, which may prolong the life of the series. Check out the Smashboards character forum setup for Lucas - there is already tons of discussion and dissection of the trailer!

Lucas will be available for download in June, 2015. Check out the official site for DLC information. The cost of Lucas is not yet announced, but with MewTwo costing $3.99 it is likely to be similar.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I missed Lucas in this game. Glad to have him back. Hopefully Wolf will return too.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
It'll be interesting to see what Lucas' custom moves will be, given how Ness has Lucas' custom moves. I'm just thinking about what other directions Lucas' custom moves could go that could really make him have unique special moves. :O

Jay Pay

Smash Rookie
Lucas was MAH BOI in Brawl and PM, so I was playing Ness to cope with not having him anymore. Now I'm definitely switching back.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Now we need Wolf. Everyone vote for Wolf.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
That trailer was amazing. Full of great Mother 3 humor and references, made it a billion times better. Lucas looks so good in HD! Also, that comedical burying effect on his D-Throw has the funniest animation - Mega Man's sticking out of the ground.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
I used to hate Lucas in Brawl : annoying child, clone of a character I didn't like to play with...

Then, I read his backstory of Mother 3, and I was like : "OMG why would you do this to a freakin' CHILD his life is a nightmare he's so brave for a lil' boy". Still didn't like him as the whining character he is in Brawl, but he earned my respect.

And now, he seems to have grown a bit, and I like that. I still think it was unncessary to bring him back, due to Ness already having all of Lucas' moves as customs, but well, I'm happy for his fans. (Also, don't worry, Wolf-fanboys, he'll be back as well without a doubt.)

Now, please vote for Krystal, Isaac, Hershel Layton and Phoenix Wright, please ^^'

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I think Lucas' return is more hype than Mewtwo's
Of course it was. Mewtwo's just another pokemon.

Also tfw when people still see Ness and Lucas as clones

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Mother 3 da bess! Hopefully this time he isn't awful.
Buff a few hitboxes here and there... Make Dair --> Dtilt lock a true combo that can't be teched... You know, just the small things! :p

But without grab release shenanigoats and what appears to be some really neat combos at low percents, I'm really hoping he'll take a spot up there with Ness. <3

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
Is it still April 1st in japan? I am not sure if they made this just for fun or for profit :/

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Is it still April 1st in japan? I am not sure if they made this just for fun or for profit :/
Japan is +9, Pacific is -7 currently... this is 16 hours difference. Add 16 hours to your clock, and that's the current time in Japan.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
WHERES THE DIDDY'S GETTING NERFED NEWS THREAD?! :4diddy:

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
Chuggaaconroy is gonna be REEEEEAAAAALLLLLLLLLLYYYYY happy in June. :4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas::4lucas:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Fun fact: Lucas is the number one most wanted DLC for SSB4 -- Even more than newcomers like K. Rool and Ridley.

<3

Also, if anyone cares, Wolf is the second most wanted -- It's likely he will get DLC too

Last edited:
Top Bottom