• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrabs against Zelda

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hi Ice Climber mains!
The Zelda boards are disussing how to avoid chain grabs from the ice climbers and we invite you to post what you think here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203266

Our questions to you are - what are your concerns when attempting to grab Zelda? What are her scaring moves? How would you avoid these and initiate grabbing?

Post here or in the thread. Please note this is not a matchup discussion =D

Thank you!

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
Hi Ice Climber mains!
The Zelda boards are disussing how to avoid chain grabs from the ice climbers and we invite you to post what you think here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203266
I ain't helping you avoid my grabs.

Our questions to you are - what are your concerns when attempting to grab Zelda? What are her scaring moves? How would you avoid these and initiate grabbing?

Post here or in the thread. Please note this is not a matchup discussion =D

Thank you!
smash spammers... by shield grabbing.

K 2

Smash Lord
umm....totally unrelated but...What does the exclamation point by this thread mean?

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Hmm, being an IC main who once mained and still uses Zelda someone often i can say the obvious moves are her best moves. Smash smash smash! IF you don't want to deteriorate these moves though, which is understandable, use her priority moves such as Dtilt (its almost instant and stops the IC's before they are in grabbing range i believe). Also, short hop nair is good because it lasts until she lands giving it many chances to connect and possibly split the IC's. Short hope Nayru's Love works well too against IC's and many other opponents.

I'd say an IC user who can't get through your smashes to grab you would use Squall hammer or SH Blizzard to damage you, because SHBLz. does alot of damage if timed right and you aren't reflecting it, and Squall Hammer has a few super armor frames making it possible to break through Zelda's higher priority moves as well. But these don't lead to grabs usually, just a substitute for actually getting the grab.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hmm, being an IC main who once mained and still uses Zelda someone often i can say the obvious moves are her best moves. Smash smash smash! IF you don't want to deteriorate these moves though, which is understandable, use her priority moves such as Dtilt (its almost instant and stops the IC's before they are in grabbing range i believe). Also, short hop nair is good because it lasts until she lands giving it many chances to connect and possibly split the IC's. Short hope Nayru's Love works well too against IC's and many other opponents.

I'd say an IC user who can't get through your smashes to grab you would use Squall hammer or SH Blizzard to damage you, because SHBLz. does alot of damage if timed right and you aren't reflecting it, and Squall Hammer has a few super armor frames making it possible to break through Zelda's higher priority moves as well. But these don't lead to grabs usually, just a substitute for actually getting the grab.
I appreciate this atlantis! I shall use this as a summary in the OP.

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
Her down B has invincibility frames...lol...then follow up with a ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt

utilt ftilt

Top Bottom