• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain grabbing spacies

Yogi Backair

Smash Cadet
Any tips for this? I can get it fairly consistently above about 50%, but under that it seems very difficult. Any helpful videos or tactics are greatly appreciated.

Oaty

Smash Cadet
The cg is super simple. There isn't some trick for it really it's just grab upthrow > (Turn around or Dash if needed) > Regrab. The lower the percent the harder it is. If I get a grab at 0 then I like to up throw> Dsmash because it's guaranteed and leads into a tech chase. Grinding it is the only thing to do.

Last edited:

BiscuitTricks

Smash Rookie
Don't forget to dash grab rather than standing grab every time. Dash grab increases your grab range. If they don't DI so they go straight up and try some shenanigans, you can upsmash, FC upair, uptilt, etc.

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
Don't forget to dash grab rather than standing grab every time. Dash grab increases your grab range. If they don't DI so they go straight up and try some shenanigans, you can upsmash, FC upair, uptilt, etc.
do you want to Jump Cancel Grab, running grab, or dash attack cancel grab? (which i believe people call Boost Grab?)

Dreyvas

Smash Cadet
I actually was making the mistake of trying to boost grab chainthrows up until recently, and if you do it on certain frames it actually causes you to stop moving completely. It's no good for Peach in general from what I understand.

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
I actually was making the mistake of trying to boost grab chainthrows up until recently, and if you do it on certain frames it actually causes you to stop moving completely. It's no good for Peach in general from what I understand.
yeah, if you do it too quickly it doesn't send you very far...and if you do it rather late, you may travel but you might've missed the grab already since CGs are typically pretty fast

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
running grab also comes out slightly faster than jcgrab/boostgrab iirc

Xenjih

Smash Rookie
running grab also comes out slightly faster than jcgrab/boostgrab iirc
Dash grab and jc grab both come out at the same frame (7). Dash grab has slighty bigger hitbox but longer end lag (10 frames). I don't have the data on boost grab in my head but I suspect it beeing a less optimal option since I never see it used. Personally I use jc grab for slight DI and dash grab for full DI.

Top Bottom