• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
hahaha, unshaven sheridan, haven't seen that before
My rugged good looks obviously made quite an impression :3

Chase it looks like you're likely gonna get to see the Sharks close out a series, should be fun. I dunno about you but I have a playoff beard going, last time I shaved was last day of regular season.

onski?

Smash Ace
My rugged good looks obviously made quite an impression :3

Chase it looks like you're likely gonna get to see the Sharks close out a series, should be fun. I dunno about you but I have a playoff beard going, last time I shaved was last day of regular season.
i wish, they ***cen lost on Saturday... thank god they won just now

onski?

Smash Ace
Pocky, Tafokints, and I have tickets to game 2 =]
doooooood, i think im going to Game 1. Detroit VS San Jose. awwwwwwwwwwww yeahh

we're 2-2 lifetime against the Red Wings in the playoffs, lets take that series edge. and hope that the canucks get taken out by a hungry Predators squad

onski?

Smash Ace
alright so i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless I get a random weekend off this summer.. CGCs may be a done deal. i'm finding less and less time to work on the documentary, let alone a tournament. the likelihood is not good, but CGC XXV most definitely is going to be the last tournament of the CGC era.

as far as Smash!: The Doc is concerned, I had lunch with TANG today deep in the Sunset. we talked and we're going to have a double interview with Silent Spectre & TANG in the next week or so. no news came from Cannes, i just networked a shltton and got my name out there. as always stay tuned here and on Facebook for the latest!

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
What all is involved in hosting these tourneys? Cuz I have like, a ton of free time. I don't have mad TV's, or a laptop with TIO, but I know how to draw a bracket on a whiteboard!

pockyD

Smash Legend
the only real thing about running a tournament is booking a venue, committing to spend the whole day there, and GETTING OUT OF SHERIDAN'S WAY

WassupJB

Smash Lord
also, the boards needs a thumb up/like code similar to fb/youtube. if this happened i'd post a lot less.

onski?

Smash Ace
the only real thing about running a tournament is booking a venue, committing to spend the whole day there, and GETTING OUT OF SHERIDAN'S WAY
pretty much. well if you actually attend SFSU you can become the President of the CGC and begin running tournaments once the fall semester starts back up

if i get a random weekend off (fat chance with my work schedule) then i might entertain ideas of hosting #25

seacrest out(ofthecloset)

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
From what I understand, GCG@SFSU was unofficial, rite? Like it wasn't booked, it's just that no one uses those rooms on the weekends.

I'm fine with yelling, and LOL @ "get our of Sheridan's way".

I love how every bay area TO gets a free assistant
(or you end up being his assistant, heh)

Dart!

Smash Master
how far away is long beach from this tournament? i'll still be in cali after genesis i could technically go to this....

onski?

Smash Ace
oh kay sooooo

omfgwatchmenowhttp://youtu.be/2p0V6Rh4LQUhttp://youtu.be/2p0V6Rh4LQU

and as far as getting CGCs running again, i am more or less working every weekend (event production is a weekend based business) however i do promise to get time off to run a CGC or else host one if

a) the opportunity presents itself
b) the demand presents itself
c) Good Player Fund presents itself
d) a successor to CGC presents itself

everyday im shuffling hi

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yo 5 mins from my house and i've only made 2/4 that have happened

dang son

and i'm moving to alameda in 2 months

Vodage

Smash Journeyman
Idk. I think I'll have to go over to SFSU one Saturday and just like, walk into the humanities building with a GC and a TV, and just sit there and play Smash by myself and see how long before someone notices I'm there.

But I wouldn't host a tourney there. I'd prolly just host a smashfest. Why? Because the Competitive Gaming Community doesn't need money to be competitive.
As far as I know, SFSU wasn't charging anyone a venue fee, so why not take advantage of that fact?

If anything, it would improve the competitiveness of our community if the less experienced players weren't locked out of friendlies as the bracket is finishing up.
:reverse:

Walt

Smash Ace
If it doesn't work out and we get kicked out then....... DRUNK SMASHERS IN SF AT LIKE 2PM YEEEEEEEE

Top Bottom