• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CF Wectoring?

fez4321

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow falcon mains!

While messing around with some different custom moves, I encountered this odd momentum transfer that looks quite similar to wectoring.
After being hit and while still in the air, use falcon's 3rd side special (wind-up raptor boost) and you go flying.
This video shows what happens when you do it after getting hit vs. using the move normally (Although I'm not yet able to post links) : /watch?v=-teCALIBWfo

I'm not entirely certain when this happens (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't) but it can be used to return to the stage when launched. Under certain circumstances, it appears as if it can be used after a jump as well.

My apologies if this has already been pointed out - I couldn't find anything on it though.

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for documenting this.

I accidentally did it in a match, but couldn't recreate it on my own. At least I'm not crazy; I KNEW something fishy (falcony) was going on. This is probably going to get patched, but seriously, this move SHOULD go that far if it's going to be so weak.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
This WAS pointed out before, but not documented. Thank you for the video!

The problem with it is that you go helpless after using it. So it's not really a safe option to use, unless your opponent is caught by surprise.

fez4321

Smash Rookie
The problem with it is that you go helpless after using it. So it's not really a safe option to use, unless your opponent is caught by surprise.
I've been able to use it a couple of times to recover when I was knocked off the ledge and had no jumps left and no other way to return.

However, I feel that it's more important to know of its existence not for recovery purposes, but rather so you can avoid an SD.

Top Bottom