• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2015 Smash 4 Singles - Top 8 Recap

BadDeku

Smash Rookie
Can we just talk about how crazy and technical grandfinals was? Both players came close to zero deathing each other multiple times, I saw a lot of combos I didn't know existed. Had Zero's combo and survival di not been on point he would have been dead after every one of nairo's grabs. Zero seemed to know exactly what every one of Nairo's defensive options would be it seemed, tech chasing and air dodge reading him into the blast zone. Both players' command of the neutral was also stunning. Nairo almost broke Zero's sheild with spaced nairs. That kind of spacing is something I think everyone can appreciate especially when you consider how strong shields are in smash 4.

Zero also made use of platforms and bouncing fish in ways not seen before. That frame trap into fthrow bouncing fish on smashville in their first set was nutty. And speaking of using platforms to rewrite the established meta, did you guys see how Nairo di'd sheiks throws and fairs inwards and up so that he could tech on the platforms and use invincibility to evade sheik bnb combos? This isn't possible on bf's lower platforms, meaning that dreamland could be a crazy counter pick against sheik especially in this matchup. Way too hyped to see what happens at evo, regardless of who wins.

Top Bottom