• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2015 Singles Recap - Top 8 Tomorrow

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
damn it leffen ruining my prediction.
and why is Sm4sh getting so much love in teams and no love for melee teams? Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating, but melee doubles was INSANE

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
What "crap" do they pull? 0_o I haven't seen Melee players ruining a Smash 4 tourney just because.
Not Melee players just a few pricks from the melee commuity. At Apex we had Melee chants during Top 8, their annoying spamming their crap in chat, and their irrational hate for the Smash 4 community.

Graminthesalmon

Smash Cadet
I knew Zero was going to beat ESAM despite what people were saying and I was right. He's probably going to take the rest of the tournament now.

SPAZ494

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4511-0835-8425
Darn I wanted Esam to beat Zero so badly... And I was kind of dissapointed with Mango. I mean he got third but he didn't really seem very focused or motivated to win. Hopefully he brings it to Evo

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
Not Melee players just a few pricks from the melee commuity. At Apex we had Melee chants during Top 8, their annoying spamming their crap in chat, and their irrational hate for the Smash 4 community.
they were chanting that because the sm4sh games were all stall fest shenanigans, and it went way later then it should've (PPMD won melee at 2 am)

not defending, (although its understandable) just explaining

as for the irrational, the majority of the hate stems from awful mechanics, combo ability unbalances, defensive play and speeds. (again, not hating, explaining)
also, srry for the chat spamming, that's just dumb

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
What "crap" do they pull? 0_o I haven't seen Melee players ruining a Smash 4 tourney just because.
they were chanting that because the sm4sh games were all stall fest shenanigans, and it went way later then it should've (PPMD won melee at 2 am)

not defending, (although its understandable) just explaining

as for the irrational, the majority of the hate stems from awful mechanics, combo ability unbalances, defensive play and speeds. (again, not hating, explaining)
also, srry for the chat spamming, that's just dumb
I understand why someone might not like the game but there is no place for that during a tournament and Smash 4 had nothing to do with Melee being played late that was on the fault of the staff that held the tournament and the unfortunate event that occurred during the first day.

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
No, sm4sh went lateeee. Day 2 wasn't delayed really as day 1 was, seriously it was just top 8, no pools, bracket or top 32

It doesn't need to be present, yes. Although they shouldn't 've been cheering for melee DURING sm4sh finals, it is explainable, understandable, and almost (key word almost) not uncalled for

also to make it VERY clear, I'm not hating on sm4sh

Last edited:

StR!p

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlayerTwix
3DS FC
4871-3864-3022
Anyone knows when this tournament is oing to be uploaded?

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Anyone knows when this tournament is oing to be uploaded?
Top 8 for Melee is uploaded and they are starting to upload Smash 4 on VGbootcamps Youtube channal.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The reason that the Sweedish took Finals is because PP and partly M2K (to a slightly lesser extent) weren't there. The outcome might have been different if they attended.

Top Bottom