• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Utah?!

bigtapp

Smash Rookie
NNID
big-tapp
3DS FC
0662-2462-6034
Hey guys! I'm Jaxson, or bigtapp. I'm a 21 year-old smasher from a rural college town in the middle of Utah. I've been married since July 25, 2014, before that we had dated for almost 3 years. It's a small town, so our Smash community is small, but I'm working on growing one within the college. I've been the TO for one Sm4sh tourney here, which was held on the day it came out. The prize? A copy of Smash Wii U of course! Sadly I didn't win.

I've been playing smash for as long as I've been playing video games; my parents picked me up a pikachu special edition N64 for christmas one year, and the rest is history. I didn't get into the competitive side of things until early 2014, when I found out about Project M. I had heard of the Melee community growing up, but decided it was too boring with no items; my thoughts have since changed.

I mostly play Sm4sh these days, as a Purple Yoshi main, however I like to play around with all of the fighters. In the early days of Sm4sh I played a lot of Ness, due to maining Lucas in Project M. Now if I'm trying to remain competitive while trying out fighters other than Yoshi, I play Olimar, Mewtwo, and Little Mac. Other fighters I am fond of include Lucina, Ganondorf, Doctor Mario, and Toon Link. Like I said earlier, I used to main Lucas in Project M but recently I've been playing far more Mewtwo. If I ever play Brawl (maybe once in the last two years) I play Sonic and Lucas. In Melee I'm kind of at a loss for an actual main, but I love Yoshi, Game&Watch, and Mewtwo. If I ever play Smash 64 (not enough these days) I gravitate towards DK, but I'll usually just randomly select a character and have fun with it.

I'm joining Smashboards because I figured it's about time. I want to be able to play online with more people in Sm4sh, since my community is small, and I want to be a part of something that I love. I don't attend many tournaments, because I work full time and most Utah tourneys are pretty far from me, but hopefully that changes this summer. I would love to compete and better myself. I've loved smash since I was a kid, and I've always dreamed of having an large number of people to play with.

Outside of Smash, my interests consist of reading, Pokemon, and comics (HUGE marvel fan). I also enjoy most other fighting games, just not to the same degree as Smash. I like to work on computers as well. The only other forum/community I've ever been a regular part off was for a fanmade Pokemon MMO, Pokemon World Online. I was a member there for several years in my early high school days, and was once part of a division of the graphics team there, with a focus one creating original sprites for existing and original content for the game. The game ended up receiving a cease and desist from Nintendo right around the time that Pokemon Black and White came out, and I left the community, since I saw no reason to take part anymore with nothing to play or work on. I believe the game has since started back up, with new forums, maybe someday I'll check it back out.

That's pretty much it! If you guys have any questions for me, I'd love to hear them! I hope to be a big part of the forums here at Smashboards, I also hope I can pick up a lot of tips and tricks, because I have a lot to learn.

Last edited:

Gladdy07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gladdy07
3DS FC
3050-7717-2368
Welcome to Smashboards if your bored and ill respond as fast as I can and if not ill step it up.

addtext_com_MjMxNzE5NjM5OTc.jpg

D

Deleted member

Hey bigtapp. I joined not too long ago but started playing much, much earlier ever since the first smash bros. just like you. Welcome to smashboards! :D

bigtapp

Smash Rookie
NNID
big-tapp
3DS FC
0662-2462-6034
Top Bottom