• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Centex 1 Results

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
First off, I'd like to thank everyone for coming. The turnout was fairly small, but I wasn't told about the tournament until under 2 weeks before it happened. There were a lot of great players though, just not enough noobs to make the pot larger ;).

The next tournaments WILL have a higher entry fee and they will be announced further in advance.

Now, on to the winners:

Singles:

I don't have the full bracket with me at the moment, so I will list top 5.

1 - Hylian - (G&W / Falco)
2 - Dojo - (Metaknight)
3 - Dr. mario kart (Metaknight)
4 - Santi (Toon Link / Marth)
5 - Lee Harris - (ROB / Ganon / Falco / Snake)

Congrats again to everyone. Metaknight is officially the douchiest character in the game ;)

Doubles:

Again, I don't have the full bracket, so I'll list top 3:

1 - Game & Broken - Hylian & Dojo (Falco/GW & Metaknight)
2 - The Douche Brigade - Lee Harris & Dr. Mario Kart (Metaknight/GW & Ganon/Donkey/Snake/ROB)
3 - Team Converse - Fear & andajo... something like that? (Marth & Snake)

The videos will be uploaded to: http://www.youtube.com/user/WifiWarsVideos

The first set should be up in a few hours.

Again, thanks for coming everyone. This was kind of a test run for the D-Pad and these tournies, so expect the next ones to be significantly better!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey Lee, did you really use that many characters? :o

Also, isn't it supposed to be top6 if it's a double elim bracket, due to how things work? : P

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah, haha. I actually played more, but those were the main ones I used. Sometimes I use twice as many.

And yeah, but I couldn't remember who else tied for 5th. :(

I think it was kite.
I beat you and santi beat kite in the same round if I'm not mistaken.
I'll go ahead and post shoutouts since i really dont have that many. :)

Lee - Tournament was fun as hell bro. We'll be coming back hopefully. The matches were fun. Your ganon is too sick. But its still ganon. 3 stock ftl? :) Your just jealous.

Hylian - Good **** bro. You beasted it. Your too good. Sorry for the tornado spam. :) I never do it but it was all I had. Worked for a while. Those matches were intense. Gratz on first man. We wrecked it in teams too. It was alot of fun. I'll see you at fs4. I want revenge!

Kite - MK dittos are still gay. :p Good seeing you again man. My G&W owns you! Haha see you next week bro. Use more rock smash. :)

DMK - Thank you so much for that falco advice. It saved my ***. Your freaking awesome. Hopefully we can play some more soon.

Santi - You suck :)

Cake - You suck :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shoutouts soon to come!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha might have been. When you went to take your walk or piss or whatever you were doing he gave me a little tip. Taha. :D

Santi

Smash Lord
SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The D Pad- IS THE SH*T!!! That place is so legit and the guy running the place is so chill and laid back. I love it.

Lee- Bad*** tourney. It went smooth and it was fun. Your Gannon is so AMAZING! Good job and good matches.

Hylian- Congrats on taking first. Your Game is too good. You kept your composure really well during the finals against the freakin F5 of broken. I can't handle MK's. Friendlies were fun too. Very good Climbers.

Kite- hsbfjhvuhsdjvbjb!!! our tourny matches were epic!! Sorry about the spamming :) I had no idea what to do. Our friendlies were fun too and now you'll know what to watch out for against TL ;) oh and Sorry about the rock smash ****. Charizard is top tier.

Fear- I never can beat you :(

Dr. Mario Kart- You play so smart!! You ***** my marth. And beat my TL on Final. Good job.

Dojo- Shut up. I'm so sick of playing you. You know I sandbagged. But No Johns. Good thing for you I didn't play Charizard. Next time you better win. And were bringing together TEAM BROKEN ARROW next weekend.

Cake-.... If I ever see you stray away from Wolf again I'm going to pull out a boulder, headbutt it, and let the debris **** your body.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If anyone knows stuffs, help me fill in the blanks. Thanks in advance.

TOURNAMENT: Centex 1
LINK: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177605
DATE: June 21, 2008
LOCALE: Southwest
ENTRANTS:
ENTRY: $7.00
RESULTS:
1 Hylian (Mr. Game & Watch/Falco)
2 Dojo (Meta Knight)
3 Dr. mario kart (Meta Knight)
4 Santi (Toon Link/Marth)
5 Lee Harris (ROB/Ganondorf/Falco/Snake)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha, it's all good. I lost because I killed myself twice, not because anyone screwed me over.

Hylian, on the other hand... he had some trouble after those first few with Falco ;P
I knew DMK had a part in that >_< XD.

AcidJazz

Smash Apprentice
Who played Zelda / Olimar?

Who's up for some friendlies like... today? or tomorrow? or the rest of the week? :( I wanna play dammit. =[

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Who's up for some friendlies like... today? or tomorrow? or the rest of the week? :( I wanna play dammit. =[[/QUOTE]

i am austin at the time i would like some friendlies for practice

AcidJazz

Smash Apprentice
Contact info? You can hit me up on AIM at AcidJazz13

When do you want to meet up? My cell is 956-451-8856 but it fell in water so I don't know the reliability of it. Seems to be working okay now. I get out of work at 5

oh and a side note... In the PBA (Pro bowling association... and yes. it is a sport :), any sideline coaching during game time will get you disqualified.

I'm sure its handled on a case by case basis because some ******* wanting to get you disqualified could come up and pull that. In that case, a beating with a hammer, or better yet my hairy fat sac, is in order.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like it was a kickass tournament. Wish I could've gone. Gratz Hyli on 2 more wins (singles and doubles). ;)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sounds like it was a kickass tournament. Wish I could've gone. Gratz Hyli on 2 more wins (singles and doubles). ;)
Thanks ^_^.

Hopefully this keeps up haha. I keep having to work on my game because other smashers are improving so fast.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Fun tourney guys, good to see you all. Dpad has a nice setup, I wish I had brought my Wii. How may entrants were there in singles in the end?

Lee – We never played at all =(

Hylian – you SD tooooo much in friendlies. How am I supposed to know you'll 3 stock me in tourney when you sandbag so much. Grats on 1st.

DMK – We finally got in at least 1 match. More friendlies next time please, and one of these days we'll do an uber gay MK ditto. I really really need to practice those.... Grats on 3rd.

Dojo – Good **** ****** me all over the place with every character known to man. Grats on second and first in teams. Looks like I'll have to use more rock smash after all.

Santi - Great tourney set it was sooo close! Your spam is just too good I couldn't get close at all. I liked the short hop bair to arrow. Fun friendlies too hopefully more next time, we always have good games. Poor Oli he always gets gimped so bad =( I never got to play your Marth with my Meta either...

Cake – Your snake almost beat me, maybe you should pick him up? I wanted to play your wolf, next time =)

Converse – You guys are too good. Grats on 3rd in teams. I expect first next time =)

I think I got 5th Lee. IIRC OT (Diddy and some Snake) got 7th and Fear(Marth and Fox) lost to him so I think he got 9th. For other people I don't know....

AcidJazz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah yeah it was a sweet tourney. 3rd Ive been to and it was so far the best ran. You guys wait, I'm gonna bring some heat eventually... :p

I really liked the fact that there was a tv available for friendlies. I think all tourneys should have TVs available for friendlies. Maybe a 5:1 ratio or something?

It's cool putting a face on you guys and getting to meet you. I haven't loved a game this much in so **** long. I really want to help out in the smash community and get some regular stuff going. Lets make Texas the best !!

TonyDpad

Smash Rookie
Hey guys this is Tony one of the owners(I was there for 2 sec.). Thanks for coming out, hope you all had a good time. I wish I could have been there to play some matches with people. I played with dojo and he owned up on me.( I got back from losing at a 3s tournament and i wasn't ready for smash.) Anyway hope you guys come back for the next one or when ever lee starts his bi-monthlies. Oh and congrats to the winners!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Still waiting on the grand finals to be uploaded >_>. They were really entertaining matches :).

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it's all just doubles matches. :( That one doubles match where it's only Lee left and he just ***** on you two (Hyli and Dojo) for a long time before he finally dies is just awesome. No offense to you two, you still won after all haha, but that was intense.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The noobcake wont upload the others. xD
Yeah lee's really good. He's sick with lower tiers. His ganon is ****.
I'm sure he will upload them when he finds the time lol.

Top Bottom