• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cartoon Network is DEAD!

teeman92

Smash Lord
Pensacola, FL. That place that Tristen de Luna fou
._.

God why has creativity in television died so badly
im noticing the same trend with music today. most of todays rap songs suk today, i dont even listen to the radio as much, i guess i see why my parents still listen to 80s songs now,

still. i dont see how "reality" is going to "renergize" children. i loved action anime, like dragonballz, because of that, i used to play with my action figures "DBZ" style when i was 9-10ish. now the next generation of children are gonna suffer from this

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
im noticing the same trend with music today. most of todays rap songs suk today, i dont even listen to the radio as much, i guess i see why my parents still listen to 80s songs now,

still. i dont see how "reality" is going to "renergize" children. i loved action anime, like dragonballz, because of that, i used to play with my action figures "DBZ" style when i was 9-10ish. now the next generation of children are gonna suffer from this
Holy **** I'm not the only one to do this! personally I agree unless they get a new anime (not counting Naruto because the American one sucks)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
http://www.tv.com/story/13415.html

Such a shame. A cartoon network withOUT cartoons is like apple pie without apples.
Fixed for courtesy.

I've actually feared this ever since they aired the movie "Re-Animated", then made a show out of it "Out of Jimmy's Head." But this show "included" cartoons in it, so they were somewhat safe. They are trying to appeal to older viewers with this stuff, but most of us don't watch cartoons as adults, but as kids.

The realism takes the joy out of it all. Cartoon Network showing shows without a hint of cartoonism in it defeats the name.

I actually hate Nick for the live action, but I love Nicktoons Network. They have Iron Man: Armored Adventures and Wolverine and the X-men. Love those shows. It seems like Nick and CN are on a balance.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
lol you mean people still listen to the raido. i just hook up my walkman and listen to my songs from it.

L__

Smash Master
Is it me or not only in television, but almost all forms of media in general are slowly decaying into a rotting piece of crap?

._.

Maybe some directing genius will come out and save us all

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Is it me or not only in television, but almost all forms of media in general are slowly decaying into a rotting piece of crap?
Not all, I'll say 63% of every media is falling apart around the US, I can't say for the whole world in total.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
What we need is Animaniacs, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter's Lab reruns. Not this Johnny Test, Squirrel Boy, and Robot Boy stuff.
^This.

And besides, was this really a shock to anyone? It died when it ended its commitment to showing legitimately good cartoons, and showing garbage that will further make the newest generation look like a bunch of mooks.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Wow. This is depressing.

I grew up with CN, and now we are watching it die.
Same. Cartoon Network was, like...my drug when I was a kid, and even throughout most of middle school. ):

CN really started to fail around the time it changed its logo from the original to the C and N squares, which I think was around 2004 (Correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not complaining about the logo, I'm complaining about the cartoons they started to drop and pull up at the same time.

Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken, Ed, Edd, and Eddy...hell even the ****ing Powerpuff Girls was interesting, especially compared to what we're getting now.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mah bad.

Where'd you come up with that figure?
Looking at the latest electronics, and video games, media is still strong around that nature. However most of the movies, TV shows, music etc is falling apart.

Oracle

Smash Master
It's a shame new media sucks
They make it stupid because kids in general are stupid and they'll like it better

for an example just turn on Nick and count the jokes that use ******** humour

L__

Smash Master
Looking at the latest electronics, and video games, media is still strong around that nature. However most of the movies, TV shows, music etc is falling apart.
I meant 63%.

Did you do actual calculations or did you make up a random figure?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I won't lie, very few of these new shows are pretty cool and/or funny. But very very few, that I can't even name them since it wouldn't matter. lol

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
It makes me sad that a part of my childhood is dying. The quality of CN has severely dropped. TV isn't interesting anymore.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Even though most shows are corny, TDI/TDA and Batman: The brave and the Bold are saving CN, along with Star Wars: Clone Wars imo. Naruto does the job aswell =]
I like Star Wars: Clone Wars, and that's all.

God dammit I miss Dex... Am I the only one here that misses KND?

That was my show.

Wow. This is depressing.

I grew up with CN, and now we are watching it die.
Yeah... This was my channel growing up, like all I watched...

You know what would revitalize CN? A Calvin and Hobbes cartoon. That would ****ing ****.

:sniper:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
God dammit I miss Dex... Am I the only one here that misses KND?

That was my show.
I thought KND was a decent show when it was only being aired during the summer every year for about a month and a half to two months. I started to dislike it once it was aired regularly.

Oh well, it's still better than what's showing now, lol.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Trust me, people, if you have an opportunity to get boomerang, do it. Soooo worth it. You get to watch cartoons that are actually....funny. Wow now that's a word I haven't said about tv in a while.

Johnny Bravo ftw!

Top Bottom