• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cartoon Network Cartoon Planet? Really?

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so here's a video I found on the subject and it turns out it's right:

Dan talks about Cartoon Planet

He's 100% right. I remember that Cartoon Network did attempt to have Nick Jr. type shows on, and they did scrap it and throw the remaining episodes for the seasons of these shows on Boomerang. I now this because I was watching Boomerang and a show about a kid and dinosaurs was on.

Also, even before that, they were putting newer shows that were cancelled or paid enough and put them on Boomerang as well, Boomerang has bit on decline for quite some time. It's hard to enjoy the shows I grew up with in the 70's and 80's when I have crap shows about singing and stuff taking up slots.

Then, he makes another point which I didn't realize until I actually tried looking at the cartoon network channel itself. They had been doing it with Tom and Jerry, but a lot of their slots consist of old TV shows as well, and there are now live action shows on a channel that's not about live action shows??????????

It makes even less sense when they are announcing Cartoon Planet as a new station to bring in old shows when we already have Boomerang and old shows on Cartoon Network itelf, so what are they doing exactly? I don't know if Dan is right about them Scrapping Boomerang, the the promise of older shows is false, I saw the commercial ad for it and even some of the shows they say are going to be on it ARE NOT OLD.

So I think it's clear with the random old shows and the live action that Cartoon network is dying, not having any new original programs and is loosing support and reputation. Kind of like Nick although worse. Nick has 3 channels so Nick at least has some support. But I agree, Cartoon Planet is 100% pointless and doesn't make any sense. We have Boomerang! Why don't you guys actually use it for what is is made for?

What's your opinion on this?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Im just glad cartoon network is dying

and rightfully so hopefully we will have a network thats dedicated to actual cartoons
hate when certain channels think they need to "evolve" and turn into pseudo educational and teen shows

leave that to other networks
cartoon network very little resembles what it was supposed to be. i remember actually running home from school to catch shows at 4 to six from toonnami and the like then action shows at 8

i blame the parents because now things have become so censored and dumb that now its hard to make better action shows because of all the stuff you are held accountable for

you cant even see the hero get blasted with a beam anymore without someone breathing down your back screaming violence

wb is gone as well as Saturday mourning cartoons because of this nonsense
even adult swim which used to have fantastic anime and other cartoon now has become a sewage heap for unimaginative crap spewed and a outlet for inexcusable rubbish with live tv i could barely stand robot chicken and hunger force but not its practically unwatchable

what we need is a channel completely dedicated to new and old cartoons which cartoon

and i know i drifted off subject but i had to rant

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The thing with Boomerang is that it does not come with most cable packages. This is essentially the alternative. Besides, this block would also introduce the new generation will be introduced to 90's gold.

Top Bottom