• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Hey guys I wrote a blog about my SKTAR experience. Here is the link if you have time to read it.
Hope you enjoy it and it helps you out in your smash career.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=141356&page=2
Seriously, you had one hell of an amazing run, and you were the only player from NC (not counting ESAM) to make it to bracket. Good ****.

Whenever I watch "bad character" maestros like you play, as well as high/top-level play in general, I get the feeling that player MUs matter much more than character MUs. You keep on seeing the supposed "loser" of the MU win whenever he or she is in the hands of a capable player who makes the right reads. I'm not trying to say that MUs even out completely at the top level, but they definitely do become less extreme when players have excellent skill with their characters, as well as skill at the game in general.

It's shocking, really. I've never seen players like you or Will switch off your mains, even in their most ridiculous MUs. It makes me wonder if I could do the same thing with Bowser.........

Needless to say, dude, you got a lot of low-tier players thinking, talking, and getting inspired, myself included. ;)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Why couldn't we have depended on you? Didn't Mekos inspire you and your Snake to become better?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Isn't he one of the best Snake mains in NC?

That would make it his fault. Maybe he should have also been inspired by Mekos.

archer.

Smash Lord
Your Pika is bad though. Just wait for Eric to get back and we'll be fine LOL.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What pika?

Who won?

Stongers I hope you've been working on your pikachu because it looked.....well like it needed lots of work at the ReSe I was at.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Ive been working on my pika a lot. I know it was bad then lol. Hes gotten to the point where Im comfortable calling him my 2nd though

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I just want someone for the snake MU atm. Im working on him in every MU though. Peach IS really hard for Pika lmao. Dsmash is like the only good move vs her approach but because of the angle it lands at its even easier for her to DI out then normal x.x I hate it

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Peach/Pika is really difficult if you don't comprehend the character a lot. I've been getting a lot better at it recently just because my mastery of Pikachu has been improving (mainly uair).

Also, ROB gets kinda bodied by Snake. His edgeguarding isn't quite good enough to capitalize and it is hard for ROB to get the damage necessary to keep up. He also doesn't have reliable kill moves against Snake until like 160% so Snake will probably get the kill way sooner/easier.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yo I love uair. I use it a bit too much >.> Im trying to work on followups though. And the hitbox is SO GOOD. I used to hate it since melee uair was so good but the more Ive been playing pika the more I like it. it can do things none of his other moves can do, and the followups are good

stingers

Smash Obsessed
He can only edgeguard Snake well if they don't hold up every time they get hit offstage and fly to the stop of the stage. ROB cant juggle snake that well and once he does that its all ****ed. Gimping a competent Snake player in this day in age is very very hard with ROB. I'd say if you executed perfectly it could be a 50/50 at low%s whether or not you'll get the gimp if you manage to get them offstage at low % at all which is very, very hard against Snakes that know what they're doing.

And ROB loses hard close range. Dthrow is really good vs ROB, and we get outranged, and we have to deal with Nades so its really hard for rob to space against snake at all.

ROB might maybe win long range but its not easy at all.

ROBs only hope is playing long range perfectly to force snake to approach at some point and then win the exchange and get a brief juggle, but we have to do that like twice as much as snake does to get them to kill %

****ing hate that MU

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
He can only edgeguard Snake well if they don't hold up every time they get hit offstage and fly to the stop of the stage. ROB cant juggle snake that well and once he does that its all ****ed. Gimping a competent Snake player in this day in age is very very hard with ROB. I'd say if you executed perfectly it could be a 50/50 at low%s whether or not you'll get the gimp if you manage to get them offstage at low % at all which is very, very hard against Snakes that know what they're doing.

And ROB loses hard close range. Dthrow is really good vs ROB, and we get outranged, and we have to deal with Nades so its really hard for rob to space against snake at all.

ROB might maybe win long range but its not easy at all.

ROBs only hope is playing long range perfectly to force snake to approach at some point and then win the exchange and get a brief juggle, but we have to do that like twice as much as snake does to get them to kill %

****ing hate that MU
This. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom