• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
probably just use challonge.com these days. works pretty well for the fgc.

also, these tournaments are definitely relevant to my interests.
Great! Thanks for the support so far guys. I think I'm kinda known in the community now and that should help me with promotions. This is gonna be good. I am going to do all the planning this Summer. I am currently looking for a venue.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if this happens anywhere in late september/early october, it could be the early fall hype that Tipped off tends to provide, and it could be the big event of that time.

with that being said, you may want to start smaller as you suggested and build up to something larger, but that time space just seems open and waiting for something...ambitious.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Thank you for the input Black Chris!

Here are some names I thought of for the tourney series real quick. Which do yall like or gives you that "cool name for a tourney" feel lol

King's Dominion
Last Man Standing
Ultimate Battle Ground
Press Start
Power Battles

allshort17

Smash Ace
Thank you for the input Black Chris!

Here are some names I thought of for the tourney series real quick. Which do yall like or gives you that "cool name for a tourney" feel lol

King's Dominion
Last Man Standing
Ultimate Battle Ground
Press Start
Power Battles
You should name it Palace of the doubles God.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
All of those names (besides the copyright infringing King's Dominion) are a little too generic, imo. Usually, I find that the best tourney names have some kind of special relevance to the TOs, the players, or the regions.

For example, the name could be based off of your persona, interests, or memes that have been made about you.

The Will of Fire
The Firebender Invitational
Super Saiyan Showdown
We Got Team Spacing!

Or, it could be related to the area (Greensboro) that you're running it in. I was one of the founders of the Gold Mine (along with JD and Brian), and that name was appropriate because we ran it at UNCC. We're the 49ers, and our mascot is Norm the Miner, so where do we go? A gold mine! It's even more appropriate because we're competing for money (aka gold), much like in the gold rushes of old.

Anyway, I hope this input helps. I'd also be more than happy to brainstorm more names, if you'd like. ;)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You could call it Digital Doubles Monsters.

Because Digimon is cool, and you're good at teams.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Thanks everyone...Uncle I would definitely be down to hear(woah I had put here...quickly caught it before Player-1 saw it lolol) some of your ideas and your logic was amazing there.

I don't want it to be a name just for smash. As the tourneys expand it will be more than just smash.

With that said great name Vice haha.

Just thought of another cool name...Will to Win (WtW)

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Mekos for multiple purposes I honestly like Press Start.

It's something that applies to ALL games in general (besides MMO's.)
Especially considering that you ARE trying to create a tournament that caters to MORE than the smash scene. There are tournaments in all scenes that have very recognizable names i.e. Season's Beatings in the marvel community, School is in Session up in Midwest in Fall, things that are really catchy.

I just think Press Start is cool, catchy, and i'm sure if you put work into it, it could become a really nice and recognized event.

big sleep

չչչ
Press Start

cuz u know like... you're about to start your journey in the "real world"

yeeeeeeeee

although my vote is for Super Business Bros. and maybe the first one is called SBB: Press Start

but yea Press Start is cool too

[Edit= will this be [I]in[/I] Greensboro?]

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Press start or
Team Spacing Invitational
or
Team spacing exhibition: a look into the world of mekos.

also 3v3 teams sounds pretty awesome, like mini crews and anchors and everything like marvel (and AE and all other fighting games lol)
we can have team NCSU, damnnnn

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Me, Alex, Sushi would win everything.
there's people always at NCSU too like zach and dan ro something.
ther'es leo and marly's inactive
and there's always RAPHBO

V1CE

Smash Champion
Sushi, Stingers and Waldorph - NCSU
Archer, H1N1, Uncle - UNCC
Kadaj, ScottyOB, V1CE - Charlotte
GQ, Koozy, Gryph - ECU
Mekos, Killanator, 313 - Greensboro
Stockfield, PP, Shady - Random Location
Zach, Lenny, CJ - Newcomers
Esam, Dotcom, Cory - South Carolina Swag

LOL mini crews

I know this would never happen inone tourney cause we like never are all together and people would just make there own teams not based on where they are...

of course this is after the summer when everyone gets back

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Me, Alex, Sushi would win everything.
there's people always at NCSU too like zach and dan ro something.
ther'es leo and marly's inactive
and there's always RAPHBO
That looks like 6 people to me, which is enough for two teams. Now all I need to do is become decent at Brawl.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Press start or
Team Spacing Invitational
or
Team spacing exhibition: a look into the world of mekos.

also 3v3 teams sounds pretty awesome, like mini crews and anchors and everything like marvel (and AE and all other fighting games lol)
we can have team NCSU, damnnnn
Exactly! The teams format is supposed to be more like how traditional fighters do it.

Smash crews is dumb and has always been dumb. It is just a way for top players to get to play more than the other players. And To's expect everyone else to just sit and watch them(and be hyped about it). No one cares...especially when alot of the people in the crews don't even care.

Teams is awesome because everyone participates. Keitaro and Chibo shut this idea down but I'm sticking to it. There main argument was that top players would just shut down everyone else. This is a possibility but they have to remember once you pick a character you are locked in for that whole tourney. So strategy is involved with picking the order of your team and your character. For example, they said on a national level Anti, m2k and Ally would destroy everyone. I said this isn't true especially because only one character allowed per team. This means they cannot ALL go Mk.

So lets say.
M2k - mk
Ally - Snake
Anti - Wario or Diddy

A team that can definitely beat that based on team order is (why that order strategy is so important)
Dabuz - Olimar
Esam - Pikachu
Vinnie - Ice-climbers

I think this idea is great and I'll do it at my tourneys. You guys have to realize this means there will be three events. I'm good at running events efficiently and effectively.
Singles, Doubles, and Teams. I'll have a strict schedule. And people will get dqed if they are 5 minutes late to their match. I'm going to give us an official experience. No longer will it be like we are just playing at someone's house. I know we can do it tho! I will look out for you guys, don't worry. For ex. I'll have a set time for lunch. (But no more disappearing acts for 30 min to 2hrs)

It's time for smash to upgrade. I'll help make that change! Lets go!

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'd say go for 10 minutes rather than 5. 5 is obviously better, but also a bigger adjustment to make.

Since you said you'd be running Melee, will Melee also have singles, doubles, and teams?

Now that I think about it, this seems kind of like Pokemon. You have single battles, double battles, and triple battles.

You did just ruin my plan of getting three Ganon mains on a team, though.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
uh....no. Sorry. This stuff I am talking about is for Brawl and will be transitioned into Smash 4.

If I do melee which I probably will. It will just be singles and doubles.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
The only time crew battles are actually interesting... is when there are CREWS involved. But that seemed to pretty much die out.
Yea I agree. I think it is cute how when Nintendo games that have a competitive scene first come out, there is always crews/clans.

For example, mario strikers(soccer game) charged for the wii had crews/clans. I was in one of the top clans. The top clans were Wt and wH. I was in wH. Awww the memories.
Here is a battle between the two clans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pexja_hvsk

Crews/clans are popular in the online scene. Most people played wifi when Brawl first came out. So it makes sense that crews died as most tourney players stopped playing wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom