• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Kinda bummed M2K didn't win Zenith, but he still had some legit Marth footage for us. Some great dittos with PP, and a real nice JV 4 stock on PP's Falco. Plenty of goodies, they'll be up soon according to chibo

Bones0

Smash Legend
You need to DI that **** off stage before you get above 40% or something. After that you just have to mix up your DI. M2K DI'd straight across the stage, and then straight back the other way. That's pretty much the only way to get combo'd like that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo switching characters in tourney is harder than I thought it'd be <.<

Oh well my Marth GOT OFF on Hbox in our friendlies(yeah friendlies whatever still cool). All of my theory worked out pretty much perfectly, and I'm pretty happy about it. =) Rising Fair is the truth.

Now to study the Marth ditto videos LOL

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i will be sorely disappointed if i don't see a wall of text from you sometime in the near future

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I have gotten 4 of those in my many attempts at them, but they all killed iirc. =)

I'll do some write up on Puff then. Tomorrow or the day after or Thursday(toooo tired today lol). I'm kinda busy this entire week because I put everything off until after Zenith lol.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Hey Doctor. Get on AIM I've been in the lab and we need to talk about some stuff...... >.>

OverLord

Smash Ace
If you time it right and with some Shield-DI you can Shield-drop>Uair Falco/Fox during their shield-pressure.

Pretty cool.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Why does it require you to shield DI
Are you worried about getting hit by the shine? I think shield drop Uair is fast enough that that is mostly a non-issue

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
If I learned one thing this weekend its that ftilt is underused and it ***** floaties. I love it on the edge. I was hitting better players by just spacing it out of wd.

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ftilt is most definitely underused. Works so well with walking and WD'ing and other things that doesn't happen too much with my Marth game now that used to happen for me.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
kind of agree with boat edge..and i have pp's problem where it's disappearing from my game..i think it's cause lately i mostly play vs spacies and then i forget to insert it vs floaties

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Something that helps me remember to Ftilt is that I severely outrange characters and I don't need to always be moving quickly to do it. Moving slowly but confidently works and even messes with people because EVERYONE runs now.

Ftilt works out soooo well then. Seriously.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
If you ever watch G$'s Marth he uses walk REALLY well. Its so fast as marth that unless you're dd'ing or rushing to the other side of the stage its a better idea to walk imo.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
walking is pretty sweet because you get to adjust your spacing in very very small increments with no lag or commitment while having ALL of your options available to you

i remember having a dream one time (i **** you not) where i absolutely ***** a luigi player by walking a lot with my dtilts (as opposed to full WDs and dashing) to thwart his attempts to ruin my spacing with their WD shenanigans.... i haven't gotten to test this in an actual match yet, though.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Damn dream theorycrafting? Thats hardcore.

M2k was getting really good use out of neut b in the air yesterday.

:phone:

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I don't think you can react perfectly enough to wd approaches to make that your entire gameplan. That's just counter-theorycrafting though.

vs Luigi I just dd space like he's a falcon who might full distance sh aerial at me and it works pretty decently

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Luigi has no range and his WD is pretty telegraphed(useless at most normal WD speeds even), so I just get in tipper Fair range and start messing around there and the hits usually come.

It's not like he can jump or anything really. He can Fair kinda but that's mostly irrelevant if you space correctly.

OverLord

Smash Ace
Why does it require you to shield DI
Are you worried about getting hit by the shine? I think shield drop Uair is fast enough that that is mostly a non-issue
Yep I know but it happened a couple of times the shine hit me, and with Shield-DI it just never happens.

Also, Shield-drop>Counter after the shine during pressure, it actually worked, way faster than Counter-OoS, which is almost useless due to low speed and better options.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
want to see a set of pp or m2k vs luigi. do they exist? nvm: found one

really should take the time to get my shield dropping above 50% by practicing it in training mode....but i'm off to korea soon so it will have to wait till late august. Marth boards continue to regale me with stories while I'm wishing that South Korea had a melee scene. Do you think koreandj would know some people i could play there? does anyone have his IM?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ray chun lives in south korea and is from chicago. He used to be decent though i havent played him in 2 years

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
oh dang. If sveet thinks he is decent things might get exciting. Smash isn't something you really forget that much unless you just totally stop playing for a long time. i don't know how anyone can stop playing for over a month or two though:\

Top Bottom