• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Release Date Revealed

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
This morning, Nintendo made an announcement about new titles. On December 5th, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will launch for 39.99$ with Amiibo support! We've covered Captain Toad in the past, but for those who don't know it's a game based on the Captain Toad levels from Super Mario 3D World. While these levels were fun, many fans complained at how few of them there were. Those fans will have no issues here, however - Treasure Tracker has expanded upon the Captain Toad experience with over 100 levels, bosses, secrets, and more!

Like this guy, here.

Look forward to more Nintendo coverage in the coming weeks - Smashboards has a lot planned for you!

Read the full press release here.

thethirdkoopa is a nice guy who loves games. Follow him on Twitter at @thirdkoopa.

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
**** looks pretty damn cool. Hopefully it ends up being a good game.

Legaci

Smash Cadet
All these things are coming at once! Cannot contain le hype!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OVER 100 LEVELS!?
...Well now.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I kind of want to get this game. I hope it's good. It'll be an interesting change of pace compared to the more hyped games, I think.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually excited for this game, and the $40 price tag doesn't hurt!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I don't care about this game at all.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm so glad Toad finally gets his own game. Now, I can spend hours with my loved ones writhing on the floor in agony to his cacophonous, screeching voice.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
40$ isn't a bad price point. Cant wait to see how Amiibos play into this. Nintendo-san be gentle.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i did not know it had over 100 levels! Day one buy for me! Now for captain toad smash dlc...

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm actually interested in this too, kinda enjoyed those levels from sm3-dw.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I instantly regret living in the UK. ****.

We've seen some pretty varied gameplay thus far; a Pokemon Snap style stage, a Meta Gear Solid Sneak Em up style stage, the Dragon Boss fight, that late game lava level stage which seems to have you racing around at the speed of sound...

...I feel like there's probably going to be enough variation to keep most people's interests, and Amiibo compatibility and that low price will surely help.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
My brother complained that he shouldn't be called a captain when he doesn't even have a boat. I said it's fine because like he's Indiana Jones or Nathan Drake, he's an adventurer who once led a team fearlessly into the unknown: BAUH-bauh!!

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Some of the lovely ladies of Nintendo Treehouse made the "adorableness level" of this game go through the roof during E3 2014.. XD I'm hoping that the game turns out nice; I anticipate that it will probably boost Toad's chances for playability in Super Smash Bros. 5...

My brother complained that he shouldn't be called a captain when he doesn't even have a boat. I said it's fine because like he's Indiana Jones or Nathan Drake, he's an adventurer who once led a team fearlessly into the unknown: BAUH-bauh!!
Why would you need a boat to be a captain? :laugh: You don't see the good Captain Falcon traversing the high seas like that... XD :4falcon:

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Over 100 levels?! When I heard the game was 40 dollars, I was like "that's better than I expected, but it probably won't have very many levels. 20-30ish." I loved the Captain Toad levels in SM3DW, and this game has pushed my hype levels at every announcement since it was first revealed at E3 2014.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
This looks like a really good game. BUT it´s coming out the same day as smash 4 wii u. So wii u smash is my highest priority. But I´ll be sure to pick up Captain toads treasure tracker, around x-mas or in 2015.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
This looks like a really good game. BUT it´s coming out the same day as smash 4 wii u. So wii u smash is my highest priority. But I´ll be sure to pick up Captain toads treasure tracker, around x-mas or in 2015.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Smash is coming out in Nov., Captn. Toad comes out Dec. 5.

Last edited:

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
I'm so scared that Nintendo will take all my money. I'm already trying to accept the fact that I can't get all the Amiibo's...

Top Bottom