• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Rainbow- Warrior of Nintendo's Forgotten

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Captain Rainbow is the alter ego of a person named Nick, after his TV show looses its popularity he travels to land of Minim where he met many forgotten Nintendo characters such as Takumaru (from Nazo no Murasame-jō) and Lip (From Panel De Pom) from forgotten franchises, or even just characters that haven't been in their franchise for a while such as Birdo (from Mario) or Tracy (from Legend of Zelda). The game was never released outside Japan (ironic since the main reason a lot of these characters haven't gotten games is because of lack of potential outside Japan sales), but he is a fairly popular character choice in Japan (as seen when Little Mac was announced).

He uses a yo-yo to attack, and I think it would be fun if he used attacks that you might expect from forgotten Nintendo characters as his attacks. So he might have moves resembling that of Takumaru's assist trophy apearance. Or possibly, he might actually use character like that more directly (by summoning a temporary weak assist trophy like thing?)

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I like that in Captain Rainbow a lot of the obscure characters made appearances, if he ever gets a sequel they should keep doing that obscure character cameos. Captain Rainbow seems like a good choice to me.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really want to play his game. I've seen some reviews on youtube and it looks very interesting. Its kind of like animal crossing meets Majora's mask (if that makes sense). They didn't mention much on his combat but I think he should have his own style. He is a superhero after all.

D

Deleted member

This character is... strange. His song is in Boxing Ring ( which... i don't know WHY it's there, it's not even right for a ring ) and his game is in japan like you said ( Lucas is a special exception )....

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
This character is... strange. His song is in Boxing Ring ( which... i don't know WHY it's there, it's not even right for a ring ) and his game is in japan like you said ( Lucas is a special exception )....
Its probably in the boxing stage because in the game you can train Little Mac into being a champion again. Also Marth and Roy were only in Japan and looked how they turned out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You got me there. But i still think CPT Rainbow is a little too odd for the game.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
You got me there. But i still think CPT Rainbow is a little too odd for the game.
You're talking about a game where you have a dog, a duck, and a light gun team who can summon cowboys to shoot at you. Or how about a 2D black silhouette that has weaponize bacon, fish bowl, key, boxes, and other random things. Oh yeah he also can turn into a giant octopus. I can keep going too like Wario, Peach, Kirby, Villager, Olimar, etc.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Its alright. When he was introduced to Smash before hand most people didn't like him because he was weird.

These are the reason I like him...

- He from another Nintendo crossover which seems very appropriate to the game. He even has relations with a few of the characters featured in Smash like Little Mac, Devil, Takamaru, Famicom soldiers, etc.
- I really want to see this game in America since is looks very interesting.
- I don't know much on his moveset potential but I imagine a full yo-yo fighting potential unlike Ness who only has it as two smash attacks.
- And though this doesn't count any more but you play both Nick and Captain Rainbow and I thought a transformation special would be appropriate.

My only problem is that I don't know much about him to make a good moveset.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
How was I not informed of this thread's existence?!

This game needs more rainbow.

Captain Rainbow will deliver.

FOR NICK~!

slambros

Smash Ace
My thirst for a Captain Falcon clone still needs to be quench! Oh wait.

Jokes aside, I like the idea of the Captain Rainbow game and am very interested in playing it one day. I'll also support Captain Rainbow, because he just has that interesting personality in his design.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Interesting news!
http://www.destructoid.com/captain-...ut-needs-someone-to-make-a-patch-297455.phtml
Nintendo fans have yearned for Captain Rainbow to be localized in English ever since its reveal in 2008, but that isn't likely to ever happen, officially. If you're not familiar with the game, it was predicted to be the greatest Wii title of all time by former lovely boy Chad Concelmo, one of Jonathan Holmes' favorite unlocalized Wii games, and stars many third-rung first-party Nintendo characters including Birdo, who is looking for her dildo to prove she is a girl. I guess in Japan only girls use dildos, to which I say "NOT IN MY HOUSE!"

Kirameki Translations has been working on a translation of the game for the past three years and it is finally complete, sort of. The team has finished the actual translation of the text, but doesn't have the skills to create a patch for Captain Rainbow and has been looking for someone to help the process along. So if that is you, let them know! I want to play this game in English so bad! What could be better than Birdo's dildo, fat Little Mac, and a flamboyant rainbow-themed superhero?

Top Bottom