• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar's Logbook - The Smash Entries

47drift

Smash Journeyman
This started off as just a simple post I made at the Brawl Central forums, but I find it quite enjoyable and worthwhile to post here as well. It's based off the logbook entries that Captain Olimar makes throughout his adventure in the first Pikmin. However, he meets a new creature this time around...

---

Day 31

A strange occurrence of the most bizarre sense happened to me today; it was a situation I had never thought possible.

As my little friends and I continued to seek out valuable findings on this Distant Planet, I suddenly ran into an odd creature. It looked as though it fell from the sky, based on its surroundings, and it was distinctly pink in color. I dismissed my Pikmin behind me and came closer to further inspect the fallen beast.

Carefully, I approached and looked into what I thought were its eyes. Was I ever surprised when it looked back at me! Seeing its shape, it appeared to be like the rubber balls I used to buy at the toy store for my son, and I assumed it was flexible as one. The creature stood up on its large, red hind legs and smiled innocently at me. It seemed safe to do so, so I whistled back my troops, and we all got a good look at the mysterious creature.

As it looked down, a thought suddenly came to mind. "With this creature's round stature, could it contain a treasure?" Curiously, yet stupidly, I threw some Pikmin at the beast itching to see the results. Within seconds, they were shaken off, and the beast looked none too happy. It opened its seemingly minuscule mouth to proportions that seemed illogical to me, and suddenly, I felt as though I was being sucked towards its mouth at unbelievable speeds! I tried to hold my ground, but to no avail. I was suddenly encased in a dark, pink prison.

I thought this was the end for sure, as there was no defeating this rubber jail cell. I braced myself for what would happen, and looked back on my life. I remembered it all: My wife and child, my job at Hocotate Freight, my faithfully slow partner Louie, and all my loyal Pikmin friends. I thought it was all over. I would never see any of them again.

Suddenly, though I felt everything closing in as I was being swallowed, I came to see the light once more! I was outside the creature, and everything was perfectly alright. Astonished, I looked back at the creature as my Pikmin helped me up. Astounding! It looked eerily like myself! It had a large nose, which I found that quite amusing, and my whistling sphere atop its head. I had never heard of such a creature before, and am quite pleased that I got to meet one! Then, something astonishing happened. The creature reached down, and pulled a Pikmin sprout right out of the ground without one ever growing! It threw it my way, and the Pikmin passed away upon impact with the ground! Incredible! This beast is quite the find!

The day was growing old, and sundown was approaching at a swift rate. I gathered my troops, and bade farewell to the large pink creature as fast as I could. As I entered my ship, I wondered if I would see the strange creature again. I looked up as I flew away, and saw that the creature was flying away on a large yellow star. Astounding. Such a glorious day.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I've written another one. I've decided to post all my Olimar Logbook entries here at SWF, because Brawl Central doesn't really care about anything I post, and I've gotten a bit of a better reception here. As requested, this one is about everyone's favorite dino-pal.

---

Day 32

Yet another strange day! I came across a strange creature... One that I thought was only possible in mythical tales.

As I continued to traverse this Distant Planet, I came across a mysterious formation. It was a large, round structure that had appeared to be some sort of giant egg! I brought the Pikmin with me to observe the beastly egg, and tossed some troops. I was hoping to see the result. In my mind, a large egg would result in large treasure! Surely Hocotate Freight would agree. As expected, it began to move, and I called back the Pikmin. The egg hatched before my very eyes and... Oh, what an astounding sight! A large green creature was looking down at me!

It distinctly looked pleasant, and wore shoes upon its hind legs and what appeared to be a seat on its back. I went up to it to see what it would think of me. It looked down, and opened its surprisingly large mouth. Oh dear! This doesn't look like a good sign! I made a run for it as quickly as I could, but to no avail. I was trapped, yet again, in the dark belly of a beast.

As I sat there contemplating what would become of me, I suddenly felt my muscles grow stiff. What on earth was happening? It was as if I was being encased in some sort of hard, round object! Soon after, I was rocketed around and jolted all about my prison. But what's this? There was light being shed through the shells of my captivity! Sweet safety! I shook violently in an attempt to escape, and I could here my Pikmin friends on the other side, trying to help me break out. I succeeded in breaking free, and took a nice look around at the sunshine again. The Pikmin helped me to my feet, and one of the red ones pointed behind me. The beast was still there, ready for more.

This would not be a simple escape, I decided. I rallied the troops and tossed a few onto the legs of the creature, hoping to knock it to the ground. They proceeded to pull off the plan, but were soon shaken off and came running back to my side. The beast rolled into its egg-like shell again, and charged at me at alarming speeds! I sidestepped as best I could, and I just barely dodged the now rolling monster. The creature flew off a nearby ledge, and I heard a loud crash and explosion. I assumed the beast had fallen, called the Pikmin, and hurried back to my ship. The soldiers gave a cheer of victory, as their commander gave a sigh of relief.

Though I felt sorry for the beast, I was glad to have escaped. What a remarkable creature, though! To go through the egg laying process so quickly... And to form a hard shell around oneself on command! This was truly an awe-inspiring creature. Two days in a row, I've met lifeforms that I've never imagined possible, and it's quite the exciting experience for me. I wonder how the Pikmin think of this, though... Their reactions to the new beasts of this world seem rather nonchalant... Could it be that they have seen these creatures before?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Excellent. You perfected the tone of his logs, and you were able to make them quite entertaining.

Kudos! Look forward to more, a DK and Diddy one would be awesome. :)

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Writing this entry was my favorite. Give it a read, and you might see why. No Kongs just yet, folks, but this is well worth it. I'll get started on the Kong one during spring break though, so no worries.

---

Day 33

My my... What a wondrous adventure I've had today. It seems that this planet is crawling with different sorts of wildlife, and today I ran into one of the more gentle and friendly creatures.

I stepped out of my ship this morning and called several yellow Pikmin out of their onion. I had my eye on a treasure I had seen high upon a ledge, so I went on my way. The Pikmin happily sang behind me, and today felt like it was going to be a splendid day.

We walked for some time, and it suddenly got dark. It was still early according to my sensors, so I had no idea what was happening with the weather. I assumed it was just another anomaly that these sorts of distant planets faced, so I continued onward. Suddenly, dark and ominous clouds gathered above me. That would certainly turn into an issue, seeing as the yellow Pikmin cannot swim. Then, as if from nowhere, a large lightning bolt shot down and struck my yellow friends. They scattered, but finally retained themselves and stood up again, and we looked ahead. In front of us stood a giant, yellow rodent.

Shocked at the sight of the beast, I took a step back from it. Instead of throwing the Pikmin at it, I decided to simply distract it. I tossed a few Pikpik carrots at it; they were my Grade A quality carrots, to be exact. It was quite the sacrifice over such a large beast. It got down on all four paws and smelled the carrots. Pleased, it gave a pleasant cry, and began to chow down. The creature enjoyed chewing the Grade A Pikpik carrots, so I decided I would call it the "PikA Chew." Unlike the majority of creatures on this planet, this one seemed very friendly, and it warmed up to me and the Pikmin quite quickly. I fed it a few more carrots, and the PikA Chew gladly followed us.

We continued our walk to attain the treasure with a new found friend following happily along. It seemed quite content with the Pikmin, and the Pikmin seemed to have no problem with it. Finally, we came across the ledge I had been looking for. Atop it, a red and white Containment Sphere, as I had so aptly named it. The PikA Chew seemed to recognize this object, and gestured its nose towards it. I tossed some troops up to the ledge, but alas; all was to no avail. It was quite the shame that I would not reach such an expensive looking object. Then, suddenly, the PikA Chew gestured towards us. The Pikmin seemed to understand, and climbed up the PikA Chew's back and onto its head. From there, the creature hopped into the air and a few Pikmin managed to get atop the ledge. They grabbed the Containment Sphere, brought it down onto the PikA Chew's head, and we went on our way.

We were quite close the onions and my ship, and all seemed to be going as planned. All of a sudden, a Beady Long Legs dropped from the sky! Were all efforts to have been in vain? The PikA Chew didn't think so, and immediately assumed a fighting stance. It gestured toward the Pikmin, and they quickly carried the treasure to the ship. It then looked me directly in the eye, and I knew what I was in for. I hurried to my ship, dismissed the Pikmin into their onions, and we rocketed off as quickly as I could. The PikA Chew wanted us to leave. As I looked out the window, I saw something incredible. The PikA Chew reared its head back and shouted "Pii-kah!" and all of a sudden, another large lighting bolt flew down from the sky. It shot the Beady Long Legs directly in the body, and instantaneously, the monster was burnt to a crisp. The Beady Long Legs fell, and the PikA Chew gave a victorious cry of content. Then, it disappeared from my range of vision, and we had departed from the area.

I consistently find myself writing on how treacherous the beasts of the distant planet are. Today, I've decided to change my style. You see, this creature, the PikA Chew, was one of the friendliest beings I've met aside from the Pikmin, and it helped us attain the unattainable. It even assisted us with its electrical abilities and defeated a creature that would have taken some time to take down. The PikA Chew truly was a remarkable find, and it can only leave me wondering if there are more like it. It makes me wonder if there are more creatures like this around here, and perhaps there are other friends to be found...

Felca

Smash Rookie
PikA Chew = ADORABLE.

This makes me want to play Pikmin again. I can't remember much but I know I never got off that ****ed planet on time >__>

Can't wait for the next installment of Captain Olimar's Logbook!

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, still no Kongs. I got this idea during school, and I simply had to follow through. It was exhilarating to write, but a bit confusing. Hopefully you guys understand it.

---

Day 34

Today was bizarre. I wholeheartedly feel that there is no other word to describe my experience, as today was a definite anomaly.

The day started out as any other on this planet. There was a small treasure I had spotted earlier on my voyage, and it seemed light enough that I wouldn't have to bring a lot of Pikmin with me to carry it. I decided to bring only two white Pikmin, and one of every other color. I figured the white ones would speed along the process, and seeing as how the treasure was nearby, I would have plenty of treasure hunting time afterwards. The six Pikmin seemed up for it, and we were soon on our way.

I had marked on my radar where the treasure was, and my sensor were going wild. We were almost there when suddenly, the unthinkable happened. Now, to get an idea of what happened, one must imagine this. You are looking in a mirror, simply getting ready to begin the day. Suddenly, you get the feeling that someone is watching you. But this feeling is not occurring around you, but merely in front of you. You get the feeling that perhaps the reflection itself is looking directly at you. It's different though, as if your reflection is an entirely different version of yourself. Suddenly, the reflection becomes real and is truly an alternate version of yourself. With this, you are left looking at yourself as entirely newly discovered entity. This, you see, is the anomaly that I underwent today.

Just before I reached the treasure, when I was but a mere 10 meters away, I saw what appeared to be myself. It was an almost perfect reflection of myself, with the six Pikmin following as well. The only differences were his gloves and whistle sphere which were blue, but aside from those, everything was spot on. I'm unsure as to if it was appropriate to name this eerily similar clone, but I called the alter ego "Othermar." Clever, wouldn't you say?

Othermar looked at me the same way I looked at him. It seemed as if we were both in quite the state of disbelief. This is when I had the idea to attempt an attack on this alternate self. I threw a yellow Pikmin at Othermar, but he quickly rolled out of the way. He seemed to have the same thing in mind for me, as he tossed a blue Pikmin at me. The Pikmin quickly latched onto me and started to pummel me senseless. Imagine that! Pikmin attacking me? Absurd! I quickly shook it off, and decided to go against my better judgement. I whistled back my yellow Pikmin and ran as quickly as possible. I headed for the ship, when suddenly, the sky turned pitch black. I stopped and looked behind me, and to my amazement, there was my ship. Though I had spotted it just moments before, my ship was now behind me, and Othermar was boarding it! I ran towards it, but it quickly flew off. Just then, a number of Spotty Bulborbs surrounded me and attacked. I was quite jostled but managed to make it out of the tussle unharmed. The ship came back down swiftly for a crash landing, and Othermar was back on his feet. I continued to run for the ship with the Pikmin close by. It would seem that my ship was back where I had initially landed it.

When I had reached the onions, the Pikmin quickly ran up into their onions. I got on board and activated my engines as quickly as I could. We were off and had just barely escaped my other self. Othermar stood where I had taken off from, looking up at me with a confused look, much as I was wearing at the time as well.

Out of the many days I've been here, and out of the many events I've witnessed, none will ever compare to today. To put it quite simply, I don't quite even understand the whole mess. And yet... The Pikmin were still collected as ever... Did they know this... Other me?

Pinoy

Smash Rookie
wow, excellent job on the logs. The way you write them fits exactly like the way they are written in Pikmin. Keep up the good work!

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Really really good. Like what Wiseguy said, you absolutely nailed the style and tone. I know Pikmin and Pikmin 2 off by heart and yourr log books fit in perfectly. Innovative accounts (PikA Chew). Thanks also for the Ai No Uta Youtube Video-The description is perfectly what I think. I'm looking forward to more of your accounts and keep up the good work!

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Haha, thanks for that again, OlimarFan! I read your comment over at BrawlCentral as well. It's great to hear the support! ^_^

I'm going to get working on a new one soon. I'm a little busy with school at the moment, though.

Mewter

Smash Master
Wow, that imitation of Olimar's logbook was... wow. All I can say is that it sounds just like the actual thing!

And also, that last entry confused me a bit... and scared me. Two Olimars? Cool! Anyway, what if you were to put jigglypuff in? Just an idea... I think it'd be funny if all of the sudden all the pikmin fell asleep:laugh:

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Wow, that imitation of Olimar's logbook was... wow. All I can say is that it sounds just like the actual thing!

And also, that last entry confused me a bit... and scared me. Two Olimars? Cool! Anyway, what if you were to put jigglypuff in? Just an idea... I think it'd be funny if all of the sudden all the pikmin fell asleep:laugh:
47drift's writing ultimately inspired me to write Pikmin 3. When I have the time (I have school, and tests -_-") I'll polish up everything and maybe write a DAY 1! Who knows!

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Hey, that sounds pretty interesting. I look forward to reading it! ^_^

I'm working on a new one right now, actually. It's a lot more... different than usual. Well, it's not quite as weird as Othermar, but it's pretty different.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Hey, that sounds pretty interesting. I look forward to reading it! ^_^

I'm working on a new one right now, actually. It's a lot more... different than usual. Well, it's not quite as weird as Othermar, but it's pretty different.
Ok good luck! Is it still on the 'Pikmin' topic? (You should add FALCON PIKMIN LOL)

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
*clapclap* Wow, just wow, that was amazing, I'm truely Starstruck as to how well you are able to do these, it's as if they were actually in a Pikmin game. Man it's nice to see another dedicated Pikmin fan is out there. and I have a question, are you gonna do the forbiden 7/cut meleers?

D. M.

Smash Rookie
Love it. It feels like the Pikmin game text like everyone else has said.

What can I say, you nailed it.

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
I can't help but wonder why the two Olimars decided to fight instead of team up, but I suppose it's more fitting.

Maybe you should do R.O.B. in a way that ties in with the Subspace Emissary (When you first see Olimar and he's fighting R.O.B.)

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Whoa dude, good work!
I would request someone but I think that if I did it wouldn't be as exciting... surprise us!

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Haha, thanks for that again, OlimarFan! I read your comment over at BrawlCentral as well. It's great to hear the support! ^_^

I'm going to get working on a new one soon. I'm a little busy with school at the moment, though.
Yeah, I'm also a bit tied up with school also. I've got a bit of time now and then. Can't wait for the wizard to make some magic!

Lutukor

Smash Cadet
Hey, I decided to finally make my own account to tell you that these Olimar journals are fantastic! They sound just like the games (as everybody else has posted before me). I hope you continue to post more!

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Right! Thanks for all the appreciation everyone. I'm still continuing this series, but I've been on vacation ^_^;

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Trip was alright. I've actually been writing a script for a film I'm making next year, so I didn't get time to write any more stories ^_^;

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see how you would use humans. I can't imagine Captain Falcon. Animals are gonna be easier I guess, maybe unintelligent characters will be simple too.

Nothing I can say about your writing that hasn't been said already (but I love PikA chew)

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see how you would use humans. I can't imagine Captain Falcon. Animals are gonna be easier I guess, maybe unintelligent characters will be simple too.

Nothing I can say about your writing that hasn't been said already (but I love PikA chew)
You can imagine Captain Falcon working with Olimar, remember the SSE? I'm sure they'll pretty workout well, unless... Captain Falcon accidently slides from a falcon punch and kills all his pikmin...

Top Bottom