• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
people will always be stupid, even if you have Kraid and a red pikmins bud. That won't happen and bad example but Ridley shouldn't be a problem and shouldn't cause a problem for Olimar. And I think between Pichu and Kirby is good. Maybe even just Pichus size. He's still almost Kirbys height, he just looks alot smaller cause he isn't all...puffy.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
well theres a reason that no characters in video games are life size: none of this is life. its a video game. Olimar will be an amazing addition to the roster, i really hope he makes it. even more than that ridley guy.

O4B!

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Did anything about brawl was revealed in tokyo game show??? I hope something about olimar can come soon pikmin doesn't have to wait so long for a rep just like mother olimar is gangsta like dat.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Did anythimg about brawl was revealed in tokyo game show??? I hope something about olimar can come soon pikmin doesn't have t wait so long for a rep just like mother olimar is gangsta like dat.
Nintendo didn't go to TGS. They never do, aside for the Wii controller debut.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Did anythimg about brawl was revealed in tokyo game show??? I hope something about olimar can come soon pikmin doesn't have t wait so long for a rep just like mother olimar is gangsta like dat.
i think you need to learn how to speak proper english, cause i have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Something about Tokyo and ganstas? i don't know...

Olimar for brawl

Piks

Smash Journeyman
He wants to know if anything about Brawl was released at the Tokyo Game show, and if Olimar's going to be revealed soon, 'cause he's gansta. Like the MOTHER series.

Right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmmm...Or maybe Olimer can be my newcomer prediction now that Lucas was confirmed...

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that happens a lot in life you get anxious for something. You get all hyped up and you run out of pactience you lose hope. Then out of nowhere you get what you want suprising you even more.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Nya-Nsa predicted that Sonic would be announced this Wednesday way back on Monday and his other two comments (see them on Sonic thread) where that Peach was undergoing some changes and Captain Olimer is likely in it.

I think he makes the cut.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Olimar should be about Mario's height ,maybe a few inches shorter at Mario's ear level so thats between Mario and Kirby's height, so Olimar's punches can be pratical, and the Pikmins' height should be between Kirby's eye level or half of kirby's height.

I can't wait to use Olimar's Pikmins against him w/ Kirby!

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Given that Sonic ended up being icon 20, Olimar is all but confirmed imo.

Only popular Smash-friendly franchises that could fit between 18 & 20 are Pikmin and Rockman and Pikmin is just way more likely I believe.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Oh man, I haven't seen this page on the front for a while. Yay for bumps!

After seeins all the Brawl gameplay videos i can see Olimar fitting in perfectly, let's hope we see him soon!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Oh man, I haven't seen this page on the front for a while. Yay for bumps!

After seeins all the Brawl gameplay videos i can see Olimar fitting in perfectly, let's hope we see him soon!
Agreed. I'm thinking we'll see one veteran character and then Ridley, followed by Olimar. Quote me on that.

Here's a tough question IllidR.

Captain Olimar: great Nintendo character, or GREATEST Nintendo character?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Great Nintendo character not GREATEST....

But er... Olimar and Snake should team up in SE (Or Olimar and Bowser).

burrito

Smash Lord
I really want to see some Pikmin stuff soon. The lack of it is bothering me. It should be a very important part of Brawl.

Nya-Nsa predicted that Sonic would be announced this Wednesday way back on Monday and his other two comments (see them on Sonic thread) where that Peach was undergoing some changes and Captain Olimar is likely in it.
Any predictions for Sonic on Wednesday could have easily been a logical guess. I wouldn't put much importance on it.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
To answer my own question: Olimar IS the greatest Nintendo character ever made. I demand that he replace Mario as Nintendo's official mascot.

Super Olimar Kart, anyone?

Olimar and Sonic at the Olympics?

Paper Olimar?

(Okay, I'll stop now.)

IllidR

Smash Champion
To answer my own question: Olimar IS the greatest Nintendo character ever made. I demand that he replace Mario as Nintendo's official mascot.

Super Olimar Kart, anyone?

Olimar and Sonic at the Olympics?

Paper Olimar?

(Okay, I'll stop now.)
Haha, I love it. Olimar is one of the great Nintendo characters but I don't think he's the greatest (sorry). I've always been a big Link supporter although I've never mained him in either Smash and don't plan to main him in Brawl. I'm definitely going to main Olimar, now give us him. I think we might see him updated mid-January?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I posted Captain Olimar in my SSBB prediction thread with a moveset I created. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of it and any ideas concerning it. You can find the thread here.

Moveset
A, A, A = Punch, Punch, Pikmin
Delivers two small punches followed by a quick attack by a pikmin from the ground.
Side A = Pikmin Charge
Much like the last A combo but much stronger.
Down A = Moon Sweep
Olimar uses his legs to do a ground sweep.
Up A = Uppercut
Does a weak uppercut.
Air A = Space Cadet
Olimar punches downwards.
Air Side A = Lunar Knuckle
Winds back and delivers a powerful punch.
Air Down A = Foot Plant
Thrusts his foot downwards.
Air Up A = Air Thrust
Thrusts both hands into the air.
Running A = Flying Pikmin
Olimar runs forward and chucks a pikmin at high speeds.
Side Smash = Pikmin Pound
Reels back and two pikmin delivers a powerful punch attack.
Down Smash = Pikin Quake
Reels back and a pikmin delivers a powerful quake attack.
Up Smash = Astro Blast
Reels back and uses his jet back to smash upwards.

B = Pikmin Blast
Olimar will throw a random pikmin. A red one will cause more damage. A yellow one does less but is faster. Blue does water damage. The purple one has a high knockback. The white one has a sap-type effect on the opponent. This is random and has no set pattern.
Side B = March
Olimar directs a crowd of Pikmin. This will push characters along as the march. It slowly does damage as opponents are being pushed along. Press Side B again to change thier direction and speed. One press you cause they to return. The second will increase thier rate of marching. Third will decrease thier rate of marching. Finally, a fourth causes then to return back to foward marching. If Olimar does a command other then Foward B or is attacked, the Pikmin dissapear.
Down B = Surprise!
Olimar will whistle and a pikmin wil come up from the ground underneath the closest person jumping up and knocking the opponent up.
Up B = Anti-gravity
Captain Olimar will activate his zero gravity and cause him to float up suddenly. While it does no damage to himself, it is very fast. As well, anyone who gets near Olimar recieves the effects of the anti-gravity and tumbles int he air for a second.

Grab =
A = Punch (Punches his opponent)
Front Throw = Picks them up and drop kicks them foward.
Back Throw = Throws the opponent backwards and a pikmin, at high speeds, shoots at them.
Up Throw = Delivers three punching combos that knocks the opponent up.
Down Throw = Throws the opponent down and a pikmin delivers a small earthquake attack.

Final Smash: Pikmin Party: Captain Olimar calls a red, yellow, blue, purple, and white pikmin to the stage. They then do a unizon attack. The red delivers a powerful rush attack, followed by electrical attack by the yellow pikmin. The blue one will cause geysers to erupt from the field. The purple pikmin will then appear from the sky and smash down on the opponent. Any opponent not thrown off the stage will then have a sap type effect after the FS from the White Pikmin.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Nintendo greatest creation is the Zelda Series, by far. And the Mario series, but Mario is more suited for little kids, while Zelda has Ganondorf.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea just a funny thought don't want him to be like that but just thought it would be a weird playing style.

And his upB rocket can work similar to Diddy jet pack... where you basically have free control over your movement.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
not to be so off topic, but i'll say this:

it's a love/hate relationship between wanting sonic in or not.
i think i have finally accepted him into the world of smash if it were to happen since so much talk about him being in the game, even by the developers.
atleast, stating they want sonic in a game with mario.

but when it becomes an issue of DBZ, megaman, FF, street fighter, or characters that basically make no sense or have no purpose in a game like SMASH BROS... then it's just ridiculous.

basically everyone of those games or characters from those series have their own fighting series.
yes, they do not belong nor should they infest smash bros.

-----

but now, back to olimar.
whoa, can't believe i didn't think of this - haha.

he should be able to spray (does he breathe out or spray the spicy/bitter coat?) onto his pikmin or an opponent.
obviously depending on which is sprayed. (bitter on opponent, spicy on pikmin).
but it'd probably have to be some kind of charge up, maybe?

'cause i'm pretty sure if he were to use infinite bitter coats on an opponent he'd be a god lol.
there would have to be a way to change the coating, too.
like while charging you can press up or down on d-pad to change through spicy or bitter.
sounds doable to me!
HOW DARE YOU JUNK MEGAMAN! He is a classic fighter for a nintendo game, do you realize that he is an amazing person to have or are you so stubborn your dense head could not wrap around these ideas.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
he is my number one hopeful i love his games and i love the moveset posted on page 34(it is page 34 right?) i really like olimar but i think louie and olimar being a pair in brawl is stupid louie should be olimar's blue color scheme (ala daisy is peach's yellow) or better an at or a part of his Final smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom