• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capitan Tavo at Apex 2014?

rustyw

Smash Cadet
UPDATE: We are officially taking pledges here. Go donate!!!

Hi folks,

Capitan Tavo has recently contacted me and Mariguas and has said that, if he can, he'd like to come to the United States to attend Apex 2014 this year, "a demostrarles mi poder": to demonstrate [his] power.

But to do that, he'd need financial support from the Smash community. He'd fly out of Lima, and visas to come to the United States are very expensive (like 200 bucks). He may play like a millionaire, but he just can't afford the trip. We'd likely need to underwrite a significant portion of his total costs. So I've started this thread to determine what kind of support the 64 community can generate to get one of history's greatest Captain Falcon players to compete on an international stage.

If you're a member of the Smash 64 community, I'd like to know: what would you contribute to see Capitan Tavo come to the United States and contend live on stream? What's it worth for you to watch him take on the other titans of 64 history? What value does this have for our game and our community when one of the singular forces in boundary-busting Smash 64 play is broadcast to the largest audience this game has known?

Can we bring the world-class Capitan Tavo to Apex? Is this a cause the 64 community can provide for? I think that if you consider seriously the value of an opportunity like this, it is obvious and it is immense in the good that it would do for our game. And I think this is something we're capable of. Are you down?

mariguas

Smash Apprentice
We MUST bring Tavo to Apex. Nobody in the world plays Smash 64 like he does. Most people probably don't even know it's possible to play this game like that. if Hyrule still banned i can play whit tavo in hyrule (gentlemens rules) and i know Superboomfan can too and stranded.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Ill pay him 20 dollars to stay at my house for free. its ten minutes away from the venue.

rustyw

Smash Cadet
Hi madrush, please let me know if this is something you'd like to pursue. That would absolutely seal the deal.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I'll $10 MM Tavo if he comes.

And by that I mean I will donate $10 to him if he agrees to play me

mariguas

Smash Apprentice
I can get 10 dollares for Capitan Tavo And so many falcon punch combos.

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
lol it's kinda funny to me that people feel so strongly about this new rule that they're willing to pay money to change it. has that even happened in any of the other smash games before?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'd donate money.

If madrush can buddy pass then that seems to be all that's needed right? If he can't, let us know about how much needs to be raised. This will get done, just keep us updated.

Also, can he pay for the ticket and get reimbursed at Apex? I think karajan already said this but it'd be better to reimburse than front the money.

Oh and is there a possibility of other peruvian's coming? I'd really like to see Alvin here personally, and one of the pikachu's would be cool. But tell those god damn mother ****ing kirby players to stay the **** away!!!!! (jk they could come to i guess...)

Sensei

Smash Lord
I'll donate $20 to allow Planet Zebes to be a NEUTRAL at APEX.

Since that had nothing to do with the thread, I'll add that I will MM Tavo $20, Falcon Dittos, on Planet ZEBES for at least one match. I'll up it to $25 if we add all ITEMS on MEDIUM. If I win, I will offer to buy him a FAT ***** to make up some of the difference he has lost and provide him the AMERICAN Experience.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
FYI I got his food and housing covered from Wednesday to Monday that week

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Madrush, can you get buddy passes for Rouka and Moyashi also?

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
I will pay $10 per Falcon ditto he has with me up to 10 ($100). But seriously. Tavo is my favorite Smasher by far, can't wait for him to dominate.

inb4 he loses to some campy Kirby when his super elaborate combos don't kill.

Maliki

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that Hyrule will be unbanned by the time Tavo gets here with all these donations.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Should have an exhibition on the main stage
Tavo vs. BoonFan vs. Ruoka Danchon vs. Stranded (?)

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Though...... I don't know of any Falcon player that likes Falcon dittos.
I don't not like them...there's just way more exciting/fun match ups. What I do like about them is the ability to come back with 3 z2d's in a row. Feels like even with 1 stock you still have a chance against a 4 stock falcon that's around your skill level if you play it right...which is difficult, but possible.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i ****ing LOVE falcon dittos.

Also, lol me on that level. I'm flattered, but there are just too many players with better falcons out there to throw a scrub like me in that mix. Start with Sensei if we want MURICA to get represented.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't think anyone else is near Boom/Tavo/Ruoka's level. Unless Isai wants in (lol).

Though Boom kinda owned Ruoka in dittos.

Top Bottom