• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't unlock Mewtwo

elashish

Smash Rookie
Ahoy

I started playing melee a few weeks ago and I've tried to unlock Mewtwo by playing 20 hours of vs. mode (that's what you're supposed to do, isn't it?) I looked in the game data and it's showing that I have over 30 hours recorded (all 1-player vs. mode) and it still hasn't come up.

Any idea why this is? I guess if I play 700 matches then that's another way to do it, but right now I'm stumped. Could it be because it doesn't count if AI's win the match?

Also, this is unrelated but I'm new here. Is there a way to disable the profanity filter?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That's...really odd. The only reason that computers winning might cause it to not work is if they win the match right after you rack up enough time. I'm not entirely sure. Try doing one versus match and win it. If Mewtwo doesn't appear, I have no clue what's going on. The only other suggestion I have is to try leaving your game on overnight (assuming you have two controllers, put two humans in the match, no items, and a non-moving stage, and then the next morning, kill one of the humans to end the match) to try racking up more time--maybe it didn't register the first time or something?

As for disabling the profanity filter, that's not possible.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
As far as I remember, I just did a 1 stock match at Temple for 2 human controllers and left it on all night for a couple days. That should do the trick.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you are playing against computer players, it divides the match time by like 3 or something.
You have to have human players for it to be "real"

elashish

Smash Rookie
That's a pain in the ***, I only have one controller and don't want to pay for another one. As I understood it, it was 20 hours combined meaning that if you have 4 human players, it's just 5 total hours. Maybe I can borrow another, else I'll just have to play 700 vs. matches. It's not a big deal, I just want to unlock FD and battlefield. Thanks for the help.

Leech

Smash Journeyman
I did it the 2 controller way.. it might work if u have donkey konga bongos.. and put that in a controller slot. but im not sure.

yoshiguy96

Smash Rookie
For me, I just got mewtwo all of a sudden after playing a little multiplayer with my dad. I didn't even know any cheats, or ways to unlock characters, I just played from time to time and unlocking stuff.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You need to either play 900 Vs. Matches, or play 20 hours of the multiplayer. In my opinion, you should do the last.

To do it fast, simply go to multiplayer > Melee > options > mode > change to time > and set the time to unlimited time. Next, plug in 1-4 controllers (Preferably AT LEAST 2). Each player's play time is added to the total multiplayer time. So, what you should do is select a non-moving stage (preferably; any stage works, actually!), and let the game go on [without any computer players!]. Don't pause the game, and unless you really want to, don't play it. Basically, do that before you go to sleep, and when you wake up, end the match, and you will get the "Warning: Challenger Approaching!" screen. Or you'll just be closer to it.... >_>

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
After you do 20 hours, just randomly win in a VS match against a cpu

or, did you quit after you did the 20 hr match? If you make one of the players SD, then you will fight mewtwo.

Peck

Smash Apprentice
Tip

Just plug in three controllers, make them all humans, make it a ...5 stock match, choose either Fountain of Dreams or Hyrule Temple, then just turn the T.V off and leave it there overnight. In the morning have any controller/character win the match then do a quick match with a human or CPU , and Mewtwo should appear. It will appear sooner if you put 4 controllers in.:023::bumper::081:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You need to either play 900 Vs. Matches, or play 20 hours of the multiplayer. In my opinion, you should do the last.

To do it fast, simply go to multiplayer > Melee > options > mode > change to time > and set the time to unlimited time. Next, plug in 1-4 controllers (Preferably AT LEAST 2). Each player's play time is added to the total multiplayer time. So, what you should do is select a non-moving stage (preferably; any stage works, actually!), and let the game go on [without any computer players!]. Don't pause the game, and unless you really want to, don't play it. Basically, do that before you go to sleep, and when you wake up, end the match, and you will get the "Warning: Challenger Approaching!" screen. Or you'll just be closer to it.... >_>
lol. this is exactly what I did, but I kinda regret it since it took a "tough" challenge away from me and I like tough challenges

Top Bottom