• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
  1. What do you all think Wolf's pose will be like in his official artwork? Like Brawl, like SSB3's, etc?
  2. You think they'll just port over Wolf's model and textures from Brawl or do you think we'll get a redesign based off Zero?
  3. Where do you think Wolf will end up being on the tier lists? Mid-Tier like Brawl or higher/lower due to in-game changes?
  4. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Wolf back?
  5. Worst part about playing Wolf in Brawl that you hope gets fixed in SSB4?
  6. Would you main Wolf or make him a secondary, tertiary, quaternary, etc?
  7. Do you like Wolf as a character in gaming, or just like him as a viable fighter in Smash Bros?
  8. Fighters in SSB4 that you have trouble fighting against in general?
  9. Do any of you have a local Smash scene that you go to/would like to go to?
  10. Anyone here have a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook? Might as well support each other like we do Wolf.
  11. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  12. Favorite color?
1. Something facing the screen since Fox and Falco are pretty much dashing away.
2. Hopefully a port but sadly, I'm kinda expecting a voice change.
3. I would like to see him a bit above mid-tier rank.
4. :4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
5. From what I remember, it would have to be his Wolf Flash. It was pretty funky.
6. I plan on making him my "Third Musketeer" main. The other "Musketeers" being :4yoshi::4mewtwo:.
7. I like him as a character. I don't really main characters just because they're top tier.
8. :4villager: (Especially a lvl 8.)
9. I don't really know of any near me but I probably wouldn't attend any tbh.
10. I have Facebook and I currently follow a couple Wolf support pages lol.
11. I just graduated High School a couple months ago and I plan to go to college for 3D design.
12. Blue.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
  1. What do you all think Wolf's pose will be like in his official artwork? Like Brawl, like SSB3's, etc?
  2. You think they'll just port over Wolf's model and textures from Brawl or do you think we'll get a redesign based off Zero?
  3. Where do you think Wolf will end up being on the tier lists? Mid-Tier like Brawl or higher/lower due to in-game changes?
  4. I've seen this on another thread, but who on the roster would you be willing to sacrifice to get Wolf back?
  7. Do you like Wolf as a character in gaming, or just like him as a viable fighter in Smash Bros?
  10. Anyone here have a Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook? Might as well support each other like we do Wolf.
  11. What do you all do out in the real world? Jobs, school, military, underground mafia, etc?
  12. Favorite color?
  1. I'd hope something dashing - a three-point stance with his claws out.
  2. Port them, maybe optimixe the model/textures. If they made a SF0 redesign, it wouldn't fit with the other SF characters in the game. Especially since Fox/Falco in SF0 are particularly fuzzy.
  3. Tires don exits. Lol no, but I honestly don't care.
  4. The clones should have stayed pallette swaps, to be honest. But realistically, WFT or ROB could have easily made way for Wolf.
  5. Meh, nothing really. He did have pretty bad palette swaps though. I especially hated his red/green team costumes.
  6. He'd be up there in my list, butI don't really do the whole 'mains' thing.
  7. Well, I've played a grand total of zero Star Fox games. May have to get SF0 though.
  8. Dedede and his *********** Gordo. And I always get killed by Master Edges.
  9. Nope. I'm sure there's something in NYC, but I don't do competitive at all.
  10. I have a facebook I never check. Ever.
  11. Got my Ph.D. last year, and now I teach at college.
  12. Green.

D

Deleted member

Well, for those who have Facebook, the official Smash Brothers page made a post asking us who all we've voted for. That's at least something. Here's the link, it should be the first post: https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN?fref=ts

As for other topics, well:
  12. Favorite color?
1.No idea.
2.I hope it's the later, but i think they will do the former.
3.Seeing how Fox and Falco ended up, im expecting Wolf to be mid-tier.
4.No one. I DESPISE the idea of "sacrificing" one character to get another character.
5.The Final Smash, hovewer i know it will likely come back.
6.Not sure yet.
7.I like Wolf, hovewer, he's far from my favorite gaming characters.
8.Any level 9 Character can give me trouble.
9.No.
10.My Smashboards account is the only thing i have.
11.I want to keep this private.
12.If you mean favorite Wolf Pallette, then i only use the default one. If you mean favorite color in general, Red and Blue.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Nice job at reviving the thread SAVideos. I was gonna post something to try and get the posts flowing, but you beat me to it. I'll save it for when it becomes necessary.

Now on to those questions:
1) I'd guess that he'll do something but facing forward while doing it. That way, you have Fox facing left, Falco facing right, and Wolf facing forward.
2) More chances than not that they'll just use the Brawl model and give it general graphical upgrades/minor changes like they did with nearly all the veterans.
3) Long story short: either the same as he was in Brawl, the top of upper mid tier, or the bottom of high tier. Unless major nerfs happen, I think it's safe to say he'll be in one of these positions.
4) Any or all of these characters::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4ganondorf::4lucina::4feroy::4ryu::4zelda:
5) The freeze frames on the first hit of ftilt. Get rid of them. They're annoying and they're super unsafe on shield.
6) 100% Main.
7) I like him as a character both in Smash and Star Fox. In Smash I use him because he's a blast to use. Viability is a (huge) bonus in my book.
12) Blue.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
  12. Favorite color?
1. I'd honestly prefer him facing forward in the pose that his trophy is in. It's really triumphant and cocky in my opinion, and I can't really think of a nicer way to display him without hiding some of his body in different poses.
2. If you asked me a few months ago I'd say they'll port him over, and they still might, but now I'm leaning toward the idea that they're redesigning his look for SFZ and would put him in Smash 4 with that look, or perhaps like Little Mac, have both Brawl and SFZ looks in the game (that'd be the dream).
3. I honestly don't think Wolf will be amazing, unless he has combo throws and if he has great kill power like Roy, I think he'll sit in mid-tier, and I'd be fine with that.
4. :4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit:. Not sure why people are even mentioning that they'd get rid of unique new characters like Duck Hunt and Shulk. I wouldn't even want to get rid of any character but if it had to be one I'd choose It's-not-just-a-phase-mom Pitt, because I just can't stand his character.
5. The length of "Fire Wolf" and that's about it really. It'll be great that he can act out of side-b ( I mean he better if Fox and Falco can) so not many complaints honestly.
6. I'd main the **** out of Wolf. I'd have a triad of :4metaknight:,:4pikachu:, and :wolf:. But adding him really makes an even larger list of who I play so it's hard for me to drop characters like :4falco:,:4falcon:,:4roy:,:4littlemac:
7. I'll be honest I never played Star Fox 64, but after he was added to Brawl I loved the character and how he interacted with Star Fox. I think that was around the time that anti-heros were a new thing to me, so any character like him, deadpool, or deathstroke became instantly interesting to me.
8. :4sheik:(who doesn't have trouble unless you main :4sheik: or if the :4sheik: isn't that good), :4luigi:(but I'm slowly learning how to deal with down-throw: the character), :4link: (surprisingly, really good links are so hard to deal with, at least with my roster)
9. I go to my locals weekly and the highest I've placed is 4th at a 60 player tournament. It's not huge but I'm happy with it.
10. The only place I have content on is YouTube, and it's just my username which is OranGiraffe. There's like 2 videos there though, so be warned, single person who's actually going to look.
11. I'm a student in my 3rd year of college studying Physics and Astronomy.
12. Orange, as my username hopefully tells (almost everyone thinks it has to do with Oran Berries from Pokemon though...)
EDIT: I feel so silly. I thought you meant actual favorite color.
My favorite Wolf color is his black one, because the purple gems work extremely well with the color of his reflector.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, for those who have Facebook, the official Smash Brothers page made a post asking us who all we've voted for. That's at least something. Here's the link, it should be the first post: https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN?fref=ts

12. Favorite color?
My answers for the questions above:
  1. I tend to see him in mid-air with claws ready to go. It's different form Fox and Falco's dashing, so it's a nice contrast.
  2. I think they'll just do the same with Wolf as they did for Fox and Falco: Port the model and textures, and make them better.
  3. B+ Tier. Under Fox's placement, but above Falco's. Don't you dare think about that in a dirty way.
  4. :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4ryu::4feroy: - In order from first to last. No clones, no multiple same-3rd-Party reps, and less Fire Emblem. Perfect.
  5. His jank-*** recovery screwed me over more times than I can count. I hope he gets a much better ledge sweet-spot.
  6. Insta-main. Sit down, Fox.
  7. Wolf's one of my favorite characters in general. I like to main characters from series that I like, rather than "Because they're top-tier"
  8. :4shulk::4sonic::4olimar::4tlink::rosalina: - In order from most difficult to least. **** the Monado-Demon.
  9. I have one scene across my town. Unfortunately, I refuse to attend because it takes place in a Vapor Shop/Hooka Bar :/
  10. My links are in my signature. Check out my content :D
  11. Forced to graduate high-school early because I was framed for assault, so I'm done with school. As for work, YouTube and the Marine Corps are in my future.
  12. Black.
1. Him dashing straight towards you, like he's freaking Wolverine, bub.
2. Port over
3. High Mid-Tier
4. :4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede:and finally:4dedede:
5. Nothing on the top of my head.
6. Sub-Main, adding another face to my many characters
7. Both. "Can't let you do that, Starfox" and "What's the matta scared?" are way to awesome.
8. :4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede::4dedede:(despise his fat ugly face so much):4sonic::4falcon::4link::4wario2:(in lag)
9. Nope.
10. Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. I only use them to reply to comments(especially on Dashie videos).
11. About to become a junior in high school. Ready to have my destnations blocked by many ghetto fights again...as always.
12. 6-Way tie between red, blue, yellow, green, orange, and purple.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633

12. Favorite color?
Oh so they do care.
Personal questions?OOOO GOODY!
Wellll...
1.Never really thought about that.I always imagine the Smash 3 render.
2.Seeing how Fox and Falco have their 64 voices but their designs from Brawl(essentially Command.),I'm thinking Brawl model.
3.Probs higher tier than Brawl-if they don't nerf him into oblivion.Probably won't,but...
4.Oh goody.That's easy.:4darkpit:leaves in a heartbeat.
But if we're going deeper than that,I'd sacrifice the following::4greninja::4miisword::4miigun::4robinm:(Let's see how much hate I get for this last one.)
5.Can't remember,I never got screwed over by his side-B-probably because I never use the move.It's flawed,and come on-this is BRAWL we're talking about.Be reasonable.(No H8)
6.Secondary:4fox:,pretty good with:4falco:,Wolf would be an instant main.
7.It's both.People that criticized Wolf in Smash and SF as a grey Fox need to spend time looking at fanart of Sonic,FNAF,MLP(ALL OF MY H8.),and Gumball(Why?),and revalidate what their definition of a "recolor" is.
8.No more Wolf talk.Man.
Nobody,really.
9.Nope.avi and Nope.avi
10.But I thought self-promotion was awful.Oh well.
11.Still in school,when not there I generally do what I want with my life without a care in the world.
12.Please refer back to page 173 for my thoughts.
Welp.

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
1. Hopefully howling.
2. Port him. His Brawl design kicked arse and there's no reason to change it.
3. Don't care. Mid-High tier would be nice, I guess.
4. Dark ****ing Pit, Miis
5. His recovery was arse
6. He'd be one of my mains, for sure. Dunno if he'd replace t3h ph1r3 though.
7. He, Panther, and Leon are the only Star Fox characters that don't make me want to strangle a small child.
8. **** Ness
9. Dunno, don't care.
10. I do have a FB. Don't post there often, but I'm trying to get over my crippling social anxiety. Elbereth Star-Bringer.
11. I'm a paranoid schizo. Don't feel comfortable telling people I don't know where I work, sorry. I'll tell you I'm from Ireland, live in Atlanta, and work retail.
12. Purple.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

12. Favorite color?
Ooh, topikz
  1. Honestly don't care, could be a stand-alone pose to represent uniqueness, could be like SSB3 to troll people (lol why not), whatever it is, I'm happy with it.
  2. I think we will at least get some minor aesthetic upgrade like fur quality, akin to how Fox changed. But SF0 redesign is also possible. The SSB3 redesign is also cool tho (plus that one color palette I posted)
  3. I suppose high to mid-high tier like all other DLC's (except mewtwo?), or basically a more viable counterpart of Fox (due to how Fox got nerfed and stuff), like how Lucas is better than Ness, Roy better than Marth.
  4. Ryu. MOTHER ****ING RYU.
  5. The poor recoveries. He's somehow designed to be poor in recovery (even tho no as much as Ganon now), and that should be at least buffed seeing how many characters can do way better in the new game.
  6. co-main Wolf with Fox, if not main Wolf over Fox.
  7. As a character (I told you guys I liked Wolf the moment I saw him), and to a slightly lesser extent, as a fighter.
  8. Mostly top tiers like Sheik, Yoshi, Rosaluma, spammy characters like Samus, Toon Link, Robot, Duck Hunt, or technical characters played under CPU's hands, Ryu
  9. I don't think Smash scene exists in HK.
  10. I have a YouTube account listed under the support list as mentioned earlier. But the videos are completely irrelevant, so ignore that.
  11. School, and jobs recently (often distracted as I constantly go here and check stuff)
  12. I like all kinds of color, maybe except ones near 270deg (Violet) to 360deg (Pink-ish Red). They aren't even natural colors anyway.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
1. Something similar to Fox and Falco, facing forward possibly with a focus on his claws
2. Port but with a similar fur change Fox got.
3. I can see Wolf...being low unfortunately. His moves don't lend themselves to combos without changes and his fall speed and weight makes him combo fodder himself. His high air and ground speed should help but that's about it.
4. :4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4lucas::4lucina::4palutena::4shulk::4wiifit:
5. Already fixed but chaingrabs. :dedede: and :pikachu2:were the bane of Wolf.
6. Main, definitely. Abandoned Sm4sh for the most part until Wolf gets put in, that's how important he is to me.
7. Favourite Starfox character, villain or anti hero, whichever he happens to be, Smash character and video game character of all time so yeah, I like him in gaming and Smash.
8. :4luigi::4mario::4megaman::4ness::4sonic::4villager::4wario::4yoshi::4zss:(:4zelda:in dubs only) Thank you For Glory.
9. The closest 'local' scene to me is 5 hours away and I lack the ability to drive at the moment so no.
10. Got a Youtube with the link already in my signature. Not used for much at the moment but I've got future plans for it.
11. Currently working minimum wage with inconsistent hours but it's work and easy work without customers so I'm not complaining. Finished college earlier this year.
12. Purple although blue, black and red aren't far behind.
First off, I love how almost everyone put Dark Pit as their answer to question 4 xD

Second off, figured I'd give a bit more clarity on some of my answers.
4. :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina:clones and ****ty ones at that. Clones done well include :4falco:(more so:falcomelee:) :4ganondorf::4feroy:(more so:roymelee:) and:4tlink:. :4duckhunt: is completely irrelevant and was only added because ever since Melee they seem to have a quota for at least 1 'retro' character. :4gaw: and :4rob: are fine although the latter confuses me since to my knowledge he was a marketing failure rather than a success, could be wrong on that though. :4palutena: is only in because Uprising being new, popular and made by Sakurai. The only thing separating her from Lucina is she isn't a ****ty clone. :4shulk: is some random **** almost no one knows about and while his game was highly praised by the few that knew about it, he doesn't deserve a spot over Wolf imo. :4wiifit: was added purely for the WTF value she'd bring and her playstyle is awful. For a character all about health and fitness she's pretty damn lackluster and would rather run away and throw suns and soccer balls at people. :4lucas: I'd be fine with if Wolf got brought in at the same time or first. Lucas was the character I was eluding to in my first posts second paragraph. Of the characters I'm willing to cut, I actually enjoy using :4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina::4palutena: to a point and :4shulk: and I have nothing against :4lucas: aside from him having higher priority than Wolf.
5. People have mentioned the side special change similar to the one Starfox got which would also be nice and I also agree with having less freeze frames on ftilt although it wouldn't be quite as bad in Sm4sh as it was in Brawl.
12. For Wolf colours I liked all of them although my favourite fluctuated a lot over the years and currently my favourite is default. Black is nice with the fur change and the purple emblem and I believe he has white pants which go nice with the black outfit, green was nice with yet again the fur change and the gold reflector <3, blue was my favourite for so long at first that I started to hate it a bit since I used it too much, white had a similar problem and makes me think of Canada, red was the one that took me the longest to appreciate. Not a fan of pink and the emblem and reflector don't stand out much but it's an alright colour. P:M had nice red and green outfits for Wolf too and the white change was nice too. Also love the 64 Wolf colours in that game.

smashtriforce77

Smash Cadet
Add me in the list of supporting.
With the return of Lucas and Roy, it would be unfair if we do not have the Wolf back.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
I honestly have no problem with clones. The only one I don't like is Ryu. Breaking two sensible limits at once, breaking the mechanics, getting so many special aspects (2 Final Smash, Special input, it's like he gets everything nice), and most importantly, priorities before Wolf. "Coming for a challenge", more like "Challenging the absolute bottom of the game.

Up to now I still don't understand why Ryu got in the game.

Sorry, NonSpecificGuy (and whoever mains/likes Ryu).

Add me in the list of supporting.
With the return of Lucas and Roy, it would be unfair if we do not back the Wolf.
WELCOME WELCOME

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The only thing that confuses me about Ryu is how he got in before a second Sega or Namco rep. Sega got a 3rd party character into Smash before Capcom thanks to Brawl and Namco helped make Sm4sh and yet Capcom is the first to get a second rep. I don't mind Ryu himself, he's of significance and has a unique playstyle. Naturally, I'd rather Wolf got in before him but he's not a ****ty clone, a mandatory retro character or in purely due to recent popularity.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The only thing that confuses me about Ryu is how he got in before a second Sega or Namco rep. Sega got a 3rd party character into Smash before Capcom thanks to Brawl and Namco helped make Sm4sh and yet Capcom is the first to get a second rep. I don't mind Ryu himself, he's of significance and has a unique playstyle. Naturally, I'd rather Wolf got in before him but he's not a ****ty clone, a mandatory retro character or in purely due to recent popularity.
$$$$$$$

Also Sega doesn't have any other franchises...the only other option is a second Sonic character

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
$$$$$$$

Also Sega doesn't have any other franchises...the only other option is a second Sonic character
Exactly. I'm surprised Ryu got in over the likes of Tails, Shadow or Dr. Eggman/Robotnik. I suppose his significance is greater since Street Fighter did wonders for the fighting genre while Sonic is the only Sega character to really have any significance and I don't even know what else Namco has. I know there's that Lloyd guy from one of the Tales games I've yet to play but I'm not sure what makes him more popular than say Jude, Milla or Asbel.

Logo12

Smash Lord
I dunno, he's in even with low popularity, that's what I'm aware of. I feel like he just gets all the good stuff, being purely OP for no justification. There's like 2-3 SINGLE-ATTACK INFINITES found within a day of Ryu's release, not to mention he gets an extra set of attacks (2 tilts), gets 2 Final Smash, gets extra gimmicks. I don't care if that's in reference or not, that's just too biased towards Ryu imo.

Right now, $$$$$$ seems to be the only explanation.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I dunno, he's in even with low popularity, that's what I'm aware of. I feel like he just gets all the good stuff, being purely OP for no justification. There's like 2-3 SINGLE-ATTACK INFINITES found within a day of Ryu's release, not to mention he gets an extra set of attacks (2 tilts), gets 2 Final Smash, gets extra gimmicks. I don't care if that's in reference or not, that's just too biased towards Ryu imo.

He really isn't OP, he's good but far from overpowered, he's certainly no Sheik or Rosalina

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

It makes him true to character and his games and I don't see how he's broken but then I haven't seen any tournament matches with him and the ones on For Glory aren't a threat unless you lack a multihit move (Focus Attack is a pain in the ***).

Money makes sense but then, that can be said for pretty much every dlc character and stage.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
  12. Favorite color?
1. I'd like it like Brawl's.
2. Maybe, though I can see a few changes being made.
3. Don't know, don't care.
4. No one, except maybe Ryu.
5. Not sure how to answer that.
6. I'd main him. I did main him in Brawl, after all.
7. I like him as both.
8. None yet.
9. No.
10. I have Facebook, Youtube and Twitter, and I even have made a page on Facebook to support Wolf in Smash.
11. College.
12. Red and blue.

Anyway, third week of August is the charm! Maybe we'll get a Direct this week, hopefully. If not, next week for sure.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Anyway, third week of August is the charm! Maybe we'll get a Direct this week, hopefully. If not, next week for sure.
I remember this said in every week this month...

He really isn't OP, he's good but far from overpowered, he's certainly no Sheik or Rosalina
It makes him true to character and his games and I don't see how he's broken but then I haven't seen any tournament matches with him and the ones on For Glory aren't a threat unless you lack a multihit move (Focus Attack is a pain in the ***).

Money makes sense but then, that can be said for pretty much every dlc character and stage.
Many of his attacks killed me like in 60% without rage. When played under a CPU, he's even worse.
And that's what I can only do. I don't really go online, because when I do, the server is filled with Spamuses or other projectile spammers.

Whatever makes him true to his character, I really don't think he should be given so much special features.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I remember this said in every week this month...
That's because it is always possible. It can be tiring, though. I'll give you that. But if not this week, next week will most likely be when it happens.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Meh, anything could be possible. It's even possible that Iwata revives from death a sudden announcement came and deconfirmed K Rool, or such.
Whatever, Logo. I personally believe we will get a Direct this month.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Capcom wanted Ryu first, but Nintendo AND Sakurai choose Megaman. Add that with the fact that he's the fighting game legend and he has great history(not as good as the others, especially Sonic)with Nintendo, works out perfectly.

Ryu has killing problems, which keeps him from being op. Unless he uses his command inputs or charges a smash attack fully, won't ko for a while. Once, I was playing as Lucas, and I didn't die until 200%, and Ryu had no rage at all.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Ryu has killing problems, which keeps him from being op. Unless he uses his command inputs or charges a smash attack fully, won't ko for a while. Once, I was playing as Lucas, and I didn't die until 200%, and Ryu had no rage at all.
Orly? I get killed with Fox several times at around 60% by a non-charged FSmash and several input Shoryukens. That's how computers roll at least.

And it's not even Level 9.

or that I just suck extremely bad in this game...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Orly? I get killed with Fox several times at around 60% by a non-charged FSmash and several input Shoryukens. That's how computers roll at least.

And it's not even Level 9.

or that I just suck extremely bad in this game...
Idk what to say about that, but you can roll with either choices.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
There's like 2-3 SINGLE-ATTACK INFINITES found within a day of Ryu's release, not to mention he gets an extra set of attacks (2 tilts), gets 2 Final Smash, gets extra gimmicks.
That is the exact reason why I hate Ryu. Super Smash Brothers is a unique fighting game where you can pick up a regular controller and play without having to memorize and perfect every single complicated button input or have to get one of those FightStick controllers in order to play well. Super Smash Brothers needs to stay Super Smash Brothers, without any of the special inputs, light/heavy attacks, etc. that plagues other games. If the next installment has every character with all of Ryu's 'Fighting Game' bull****, I will not be getting it.

Anyways, good to see that my huge block of questions revived the thread. I encourage you all to do that same, actually. If you have a bunch of questions for the thread, by all means, ask them in a numbered format like I did. Just try not to delve into super personal info, like "What's your first/last name?" or "Where do you all live?", and at least keep around half of the questions about Wolf. That way, the Moderator Nation doesn't attack

Also, when I asked about what we do out in the real world, I didn't mean to make anyone uncomfortable. Answers like "I'm in school", "I work in retail", and "I'd like to keep my life private" are all perfect answers. Just trying to have us get to know each other better, not, like I said, trying to make you all feel uncomfortable.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That is the exact reason why I hate Ryu. Super Smash Brothers is a unique fighting game where you can pick up a regular controller and play without having to memorize and perfect every single complicated button input or have to get one of those FightStick controllers in order to play well. Super Smash Brothers needs to stay Super Smash Brothers, without any of the special inputs, light/heavy attacks, etc. that plagues other games. If the next installment has every character with all of Ryu's 'Fighting Game' bull****, I will not be getting it.

Anyways, good to see that my huge block of questions revived the thread. I encourage you all to do that same, actually. If you have a bunch of questions for the thread, by all means, ask them in a numbered format like I did. Just try not to delve into super personal info, like "What's your first/last name?" or "Where do you all live?", and at least keep around half of the questions about Wolf. That way, the Moderator Nation doesn't attack

Also, when I asked about what we do out in the real world, I didn't mean to make anyone uncomfortable. Answers like "I'm in school", "I work in retail", and "I'd like to keep my life private" are all perfect answers. Just trying to have us get to know each other better, not, like I said, trying to make you all feel uncomfortable.
You're making him seem like he's more complicated than he really is, tap or hold that's really all there is to it. There are the directional inputs to make the move stronger but they really aren't necessary to do. Honestly if they gave every character this mechanic I wouldn't mind it, would really change up the slightly stale gameplay of smash

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You're making him seem like he's more complicated than he really is, tap or hold that's really all there is to it. There are the directional inputs to make the move stronger but they really aren't necessary to do. Honestly if they gave every character this mechanic I wouldn't mind it, would really change up the slightly stale gameplay of smash
The inputs are what makes Ryu special. If everyone had it, he'd lose something he has that noone else does. It would be alright if characters from actual fighting games used inputs(Scorpion for example).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Alright
Which one of you fought Hip (Who made their name "SCARED?" as a Wolf joke) and Hop on For Glory Doubles
I saw someone with the name "FREEWOLF" and I instantly pointed fingers at you guys
Who done it :4metaknight:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Who's to say Ryu will be in the next smash game?
Considering Capcom and Nintendo are good friends, why wouldn't he? They were given 2 reps, and Nintendo put them in charge of 2 Zelda games, aswell as Luigi Mansion Arcade. When Snake was cut, Konami can pretty much be blamed for. Sonic and Pacman are most likely to never be cut. Megaman and Ryu are still safe until someone buys Capcom(if Nintendo buys them, both characters are safe), if they don't go bankrupt like Sega and Konami are, they'll still have a huge have in returning.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Alright
Which one of you fought Hip (Who made their name "SCARED?" as a Wolf joke) and Hop on For Glory Doubles
I saw someone with the name "FREEWOLF" and I instantly pointed fingers at you guys
Who done it :4metaknight:
I don't for glory, let alone doubles.

I don't really like this kind of complicated gimmicks to begin with. This is Smash Brothers, where we get Jabs, Tilts, Smashes, Aerials, Grabs, Specials assigned with different input, but always not above one direction and one button. No circle input stuff like in those other fighting games.
upload_2015-8-17_1-40-58.png

I wouldn't really want Smash to go down those fighting game routes, at least.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. I'm surprised Ryu got in over the likes of Tails, Shadow or Dr. Eggman/Robotnik. I suppose his significance is greater since Street Fighter did wonders for the fighting genre while Sonic is the only Sega character to really have any significance and I don't even know what else Namco has. I know there's that Lloyd guy from one of the Tales games I've yet to play but I'm not sure what makes him more popular than say Jude, Milla or Asbel.
If we were to get a SEGA character I don't think it would be I don't think it would be a character who hasn't had a significant role since 2006. Especially one who has had a lot of (well deserved) hate as of lately.

I think Dr Eggman would be the best second SEGA character. Or that guy from Virtua Fighter, but he's a Mii costume.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Is Ryu really that hard to get a grasp on? Tapping vs holding a button is the simplest difference possible. As for the command inputs, it's not like they are required. You can do all the special moves the normal way.

Also, Ryu is super iconic which is why he's in and not a random Sonic character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If we were to get a SEGA character I don't think it would be I don't think it would be a character who hasn't had a significant role since 2006. Especially one who has had a lot of (well deserved) hate as of lately.

I think Dr Eggman would be the best second SEGA character. Or that guy from Virtua Fighter, but he's a Mii costume.
Besides Eggman, Amy, Knuckles, Tails, Shadow, and Bayonetta(if she can even be called a SEGA character anymore), I can't think of any other deserving characters.

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Lol, the people complaining about Ryu because he is "complicated".

He is not OP, not complicated, and very unique in these aspects. He perfectly warrants a spot in Smash Bros. The fighting game legend, he fits in so perfectly with Smash.

I see no reason why Ryu should NOT be in Smash.

OranGiraffe

Smash Cadet
NNID
OranGiraffe
The only thing that could be complained about for Ryu is that he gets more inputs, and thus makes him more unique and rewarding to play than other characters. That's really it, and that is due to the people at Namco wanting to keep him true to his origin.
Ryu is definitely not OP. He's easily comboed by any fast character, and his moves have such a hard time hitting small characters (his fsmash whiffs Pikachu so easily, and if any somewhat small character ducks, forget about it).
@ Logo12 Logo12 He kills Fox at 60% because his fsmash is slightly more powerful than the People's Elbow (:4falcon:'s fsmash) but he doesn't have the speed that Falcon does. His input shoryuken should indeed kill early, since it's difficult to input (compared to other smasher moves of course) and should reward you for the effort of doing the input rather than just up-b. He definitely doesn't have trouble killing Fox at all, but Fox shouldn't have any trouble comboing him either. Fox's uptilts, rapid jabs, and f-air almost make his Focus Attack useless against Fox.
To be fair, Fox and Falco are a couple of the few characters that he gets that uptilt infinite on, but that should be noted that it's not on all characters. That's honestly not even bad considering the % that each weak utilt does with Ryu, compared to Pikachu's uptilt which muuuuurrrders Fox, Falco and Captain Falcon.

Top Bottom