• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
All these characters with Man in their names. Mega Man 12 confirmed! :3 just kidding

I wonder how Wolf would change from Brawl to ssb4.
Aside from the obvious changes in physics, I expect you'll be able to act out of side B. There probably won't be many other changes than that though (Although a jetpack up B would be appreciated)

My theory? Mewtwo counts as a Veteran. So one Newcomer and one Veteran per DLC.
Isaac + lucas and Wolf + Krystal/Dixie/Impa anybody?

Also a wii u and new 3DS exclusive pack Chorus Kids + Ice Climbers

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I just hope we get Wolf DLC too, The leak is looking very confirmed at this point, I'm not to big on Rayman, so I'm very neutral on this leak. I just hope we get Wolf back, the only good thing about this leak for me is that it shows that more character DLC, more importantly Wolf DLC is possible, we keep campaigning till he's confirmed, lets get a big WOLF FOR DLC :wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just hope we get Wolf DLC too, The leak is looking very confirmed at this point, I'm not to big on Rayman, so I'm very neutral on this leak. I just hope we get Wolf back, the only good thing about this leak for me is that it shows that more character DLC, more importantly Wolf DLC is possible, we keep campaigning till he's confirmed, lets get a big WOLF FOR DLC :wolf:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We'll do that. Wolf has a bigger chance of being in as DLC now, provided that the Rayman leak is really true and is not deconfirmed.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
So I got bored and made this and found that another row could easily fit to the right of the CSS without the characters looking squished. What do you guys think?

mark welford

Smash Ace
GUYS! Wolf returning is a really real possibility!! Rayman is making it look like DLC is not a 1 time thing and now we hope Sakurai can fix a few mistakes he made more namely 1 we hope for....WOLF!!!

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Woops, should've written a comment on this threat sooner!
Add me on the list of supporters!

Wolf added more to the roster than Falco did. (game-play wise, not hating on Falco)
His moves were much more different to Fox than Falco's moves were.

-I do hope they change his Final Smash if he makes it back though.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Guys, I just sent another message to Sakurai on Twitter. Here is the short version.

"@Sora_Sakurai こんにちは、桜井さん このような数々のメールでご迷惑をおかけしていなければと存じますが、ご迷惑でなければ、多くの人達がウルフをDLCにして欲しいと願う理由についてもっとお見せしたいのです。 (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1skmlne "

The long version can be found here.

http://tl.gd/n_1skmlne

Now, here is the English version of what I wrote.

Hello, Mr. Sakurai. I hope I am not bothering you with these posts, but I would like to show you more as to why there are plenty of people who want Wolf in as DLC, if you don't mind.
I would like to start by showing you this poll here on Smash Boards, a big community where many fans talk about Smash Brothers the series.

http://smashboards.com/threads/poll-vote-for-your-preferred-smash-bros-dlc-choices.375784/page-12

This shows a poll for what characters are wanted in Smash Brothers for the Wii U and 3DS. Here are the results.

Wolf
420 vote(s)
52.4%
Ice Climbers
327 vote(s)
40.8%
Lucas
352 vote(s)
43.9%
Snake
287 vote(s)
35.8%
Roy
177 vote(s)
22.1%
Squirtle
143 vote(s)
17.9%
Ivysaur
145 vote(s)
18.1%
Pichu
98 vote(s)
12.2%
King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)
360 vote(s)
44.9%
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
259 vote(s)
32.3%
Isaac (Golden Sun)
309 vote(s)
38.6%
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
163 vote(s)
20.3%
Inkling (Splatoon)
202 vote(s)
25.2%
Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
199 vote(s)
24.8%
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)
100 vote(s)
12.5%
Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros)
163 vote(s)
20.3%
Paper Mario (Paper Mario/Super Mario Bros)
148 vote(s)
18.5%
Krystal (Star Fox)
171 vote(s)
21.3%
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
106 vote(s)
13.2%
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
90 vote(s)
11.2%
Hades (Kid Icarus)
94 vote(s)
11.7%
Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
222 vote(s)
27.7%
Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
162 vote(s)
20.2%
Ray Mk (Custom Robo)
104 vote(s)
13.0%
Andy (Advance Wars)
108 vote(s)
13.5%
Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)
116 vote(s)
14.5%
Kamek (Yoshi)
84 vote(s)
10.5%
Lip (Panel De Pon)
106 vote(s)
13.2%
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
102 vote(s)
12.7%
Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)
69 vote(s)
8.6%
Rayman (Rayman)
164 vote(s)
20.5%
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
146 vote(s)
18.2%
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
103 vote(s)
12.9%
Bomberman (Bomberman)
130 vote(s)
16.2%
4th Mii Fighter Archetype
140 vote(s)
17.5%
Other...(character not on this list)
257 vote(s)
32.1%

As you can see, in the results for the poll, out of all characters, Wolf is the most wanted character to be playable as DLC in Smash Brothers for the Wii U and 3DS. He has 420 votes, with a percentage of 52.4%.

Also on Smash Boards, there are some people who said they want Wolf in as DLC in one topic.

http://smashboards.com/threads/cant-let-you-cut-me-sakurai-wolf-for-dlc.324209/

Here are some translations from the same topic about people wanting Wolf in.

By rsr2
Wolf needs to come back.
That is all.

By bombers14
and he definetley better be back

By tekkie
Wolf needs a comeback.
Honestly Wolf/Falco/Fox are the perfect trio, they should just add to it. there's no reason to remove any of the three.

By Sunnysunny
He's smashbro's token "anti-hero."
Also he makes a cool noise when you u-smash.

By SmasherP82
Wolf is awesome! If he gets cut i'm probably going to kill something ):< plus he's not even a clone so he should stay anyway and **** anyone who wants him cut!

By Reggie Amiibo
Wolf was my Brawl secondary (behind Toon Link), and I fully support his inclusion.
:wolf: for DLC!

By _Magus_
Want him so bad. So fun in brawl, and was more unique than falco

By SG9000
Here's a thing I wanted to say, just for kicks:
#Wolf4DLC

By Stormfury12
Slap me on that list. Wolf needs to come back.

By FalKoopa
Wolf was definitely a deserving character. While not the best addition in Brawl, Sakurai did a very good job in differentiating him from Fox.

By MagnesD3
Wolf was the highlight of the brawl characters that were included for me, him and sonic.

By Pakky
I too support Wolf, slap me on that list as well

By eltacoenojado
It's so exciting to see all the support for wolf!

Superior Spider-Mew
Definitely put me on that list, I didn't really use Wolf that much but he was a fun character and I like him as a character, Wolf must return for smash 4!

By Rizen
Wolf was my favorite secondary in Brawl. Add me to the supporter list.

By Arc Skypaw
Totally wanna see Wolf back in the game, he is the only StarFox character I actually enjoyed playing.

By Josiah
I would fully support Wolf DLC and buy it for both versions I have.

By DaRedMage
Wolf was my one of my favorite characters in Brawl. He, along with Lucas, Ivysaur and Squirtle had NO REASON TO BE CUT! I want in on this.

By rsr2
Yeah I joined late but I still want him back. That way I can show off the tattoo more lol >_>

By eltacoenojado
So I was playing last night, just doing random stage selection. I got both Star Fox stages one right after another, and they both decided to play the Star Wolf music. It made me sad, but at the same time gave me hope for our beloved Wolf to return as DLC.
Wolf For DLC!!!!

BoN~
#Wolf4Smash
Wolf in brawl is so cool,i love that up smash,in pm one of my mains,that speed is so cool,and the shine x3

By KCJ506
Wolf is pretty much the only cut vet I want back and the only one whom I think even has a realistic chance.(in regards to ones that haven't been announced)

By Zeriora
Bring wolf back, BRING HIM BACK, i mained him in brawl besides toon link but JESUS, i loved him UNTILLLLLLLLLLLL....

By Pazzo
You have my vote. Wolf for DLC! Let Lucas get a comeback too if we're at it.

By MacSmitty
Add me to the support list, Wolf was fun to play as in Brawl.

By Yitsul
he has my support! smash needs more villains

By AscWolf
I really want so see Wolf again ._.

By ferioku
Dammit Nintendo! Wolf is the only Villain I've ever favored to all the protagonists in any video game! Better be DLC T_T

By EndlessChrom
We better get Lucas and Wolf back...this would be awesome :D

By Skyward
Wolf is currently the only character I actively want in the game, so add me to the support list.

By Yetiplays
Wolf is a Character I really want back. He wasn't My favorite in brawl, but I feel like Wolf is better to have than Falco, more relevance to franchise.

By SmashBroski
I support Wolf!

By HotNTasty
Add me to the support list. Time to reclaim another lost main!

By SmashingObjection
Feel free to add me as a supporter :D. We need wolf.... really nothing else to say, we just need him

By Xzsmmc
Count me in. Always sucks to lose a character, and Wolf going is baffling to me. Here's hoping for him and Lucas to make a return.

By ProjectAngel
I hereby support Wolf for Smash 4 DLC

By Strider_Bond00J
I'm just going to put this here: I'm all for Wolf to return. Regardless of how you looked at it, he was his own unique fighter and deserves to come back - there's no point in having a once three-rep series drop to two when they're like Ryu and Ken.

By Cpt.
I support. It was a poor decision to cut Wolf in the first place.

By CliffJumper
Wolf did not deserve to be cut from the game in any way.

By BravadoMan_13
In my opinion, I think Wolf will be the next veteran confirmed for DLC. I really want to see him back. What good what it be that Lylat Cruise returns but Wolf doesn't? He'll be back and better than ever.

By 0ShadowStories
Now that we have DLC possiblities, Wolf is my #1 vet to come back. I always played him in brawl so he was my main.

By Grovbi
While I'm not a huge fan of Wolf, he was my preferred out of the Star Fox fighters in Brawl. I'd happily welcome him back if he were to return.

By True Blue Warrior
Wolf for the win.

By Putuk
Not a huge Wolf fan, but he's definitly my favorite Star Fox character to play as in Smash Bros.
I've got my fingers crossed for you guys!

By Komenja
Well, this blows. Here's hoping he's DLC.

By Lady Byakugan
I want wolf back. Much more unique than falco

As you can see, there are a lot of people who want Wolf in as DLC, and would be happy if you included him in the game as DLC.

There was another poll that was made by someone on Smash Boards. Here it is:

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=l7xz9kv7oegh3nc484671&refer=smashboards

The one who created the poll had just released the statistics of the votes. Let me show you some of the results of that poll. The statistics can be found here in a spoiler at the top of the page.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...es-check-out-the-results-so-far.386712/page-4

1. Wolf 240
2. Ice Climbers 228
3. Lucas 218
4. King K. Rool 196
5. Isaac (Golden Sun) 181
6. Snake (Metal Gear) 181
7. Ridley 167
8. Dixie Kong 164
9. Ganondorf with a Revamped Moveset (replacing his existing one) 155
10. Rayman 151
11. Roy 146
12. Banjo & Kazooie 137
13. Toad/Captain Toad 129
14. Bandana Dee 129
15. Paper Mario 128
16. Krystal 128
17. Majora (Skull Kid) 120
18. Simon Belmont (Castlevania) 117
19. Inklings 115
20. Impa 111
21. Bomberman 111
22. Zero (Mega Man) 110
23. Waluigi 102
24. Squirtle 102
25. Wonder Red (Wonder 101) 102
26. Bayonetta 102
27. Chrom 101
28. Dark Samus 93
29. Black Shadow 93
30. Ivysaur 92
31. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven) 89
32. Sceptile 85
33. Ghirahim 84
34. Hades 84
35. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog) 84
36. Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog) 84
37. Takamaru (The Mysterious Musasame Castle) 82
38. Black Mage (Final Fantasy) 82
39. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) 81
40. Dillon (Rolling Western) 80
41. Professor Layton 80
42. Chibi Robo 79
43. Shantae 79
44. Lyn 77
45. X (Mega Man) 76

In a previous poll (now unavailable) the same user made, there have been 860 votes, shown in the second page of the same topic.. Let me show you some of the results.

Can't Let You Do That, Tier List
Wolf 622

Top Tier
Lucas 578
King K. Rool 542
Ice Climbers 531
Ridley 453
Snake (Metal Gear) 443
Dixie Kong 415

High Tier
Toad/Captain Toad 381
Bandana Dee 369
Isaac (Golden Sun) 348
Black Shadow 345
Roy 326
Kamek 312
Paper Mario 311
Impa 311
Krystal 311
Banjo & Kazooie 305

At the same time, some characters people want for DLC can be seen on Smash Boards. The topic titles for characters people want as DLC include... (as shown here: http://smashboards.com/forums/wii-u-3ds-character-discussion.291/

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai,Wolf for DLC

PK Love - Lucas DLC Support Thread - Under New Ownership!

"Kept You Waiting Huh?" The Solid Snake for Smash DLC Thread!!! Under New Ownership

The S.T.E.A.M.-powered soldier - Henry Fleming for DLC!

Krystal for DLC: Year of Star Fox

The Lycia Alliance: Roy for DLC! -- *Help Our Boy Reclaim the Throne Today!*

Isaac for DLC - Our Puns ROCK!!!

Inkling for Smash! DLC possible!

Awakening the Voice - Tiki for DLC! * FE14 confirmed! Praise Naga~! *

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers]

Mother Series's Eternal Villain - Porky Support Thread (New Ownership!)

Orange Star's Keet CO - Advance Wars' Andy for SSB4

The Spunky Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SBB4 (Request Daisy in your Club Nintendo Surveys!)

Rhythm Heaven Character Emblem Data Found; a Sonata of Hope! Chorus Kids for Smash Bros DLC!

Agnes Oblige for DLC and why you should want it!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: Request the King in Your Smash Club Nintendo Forms Today!!

"Witness My True Power!" - Melia Antiqua for SSB4 DLC (Potential Spoilers; Complete Moveset Added)

DLC - Rayman: Hero of the Glade of Dreams - Who Needs Limbs Anyway?

UNITE, DLC! - Wonder Red for SSB4! (TW101 music confirmed!)

This is as far as you go! - Birdo for DLC thread

Gunvolt For Smash 4 DLC

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Ridley’s Partner in Crime, Kraid for Smash4 DLC(Move Over King K. Rool,I Need Me A Galactic Reptile)

SUCKER PUNCH! You Never Saw Him Coming: Bisharp for DLC

Practising his Black Magic; Black Mage for Super Smash Bros.! May Monday be the Day?)

Nintendo's ace pilots take flight! Pilot Wings for SSB4! The dream's not dead! Taking flight as DLC!

-Darunia for Smash!- DLC? New LoZ Rep?

The Axe Lord Swings Away! Hector for SSB4 DLC support thread!

No Jokes, but i want Groose as Smash DLC

The Soulful Diva of F-Zero: Kate Alen for DLC!

Reprogramming the Kid : Masked Man for DLC!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4

Captain Syrup, Wario Land's Sultry Pirate Captain!

4th-D Slip Master: Ninten for DLC!

As you can see, there are plenty of people who want plenty of characters in Smash Bros 4 as DLC. Though I do not have the time to show you every page and post, each topic has over one hundred posts and many pages about people discussing about the character they want in as DLC. Now, I have heard that you are a bit uneasy in terms of making more DLC, and I believe I heard you said that it would be rather greedy. Still, as I have pointed out, a lot of people want so many different characters in as DLC. Smash Brothers, the series overall, is known for its fan service, and with that, there will be so many people who would be happy if their favorite DLC character is playable, even if it has to be DLC. I do know that you said that DLC can cost a lot, and it would not be easy, but it would please the fans so much if you at least gave it a try and make some more DLC characters. You don't have to make every character there is, or that many characters to be in as DLC, but I am sure the fans would be happy with you if you made some DLC characters nonetheless. Whether or not this convinces you to make such DLC, I hope that even though you may see it as greedy, and that it may cost a lot and require some time, I hope you will be able to see how many people will be happy if you made more DLC, and I am sure they will like it if you cared enough to add more DLC for Smash Brothers 4 for the Wii U and 3DS. Whether it is Wolf, or Mona, or King K. Rool, or anyone else, even if you can't include them are, it would be good to see fans happy to see you care enough to add more DLC characters. So, even if you still have not decided to add more DLC by now, I hope this message at least helps convince you some to make more.

Also, it appears the link to the list of supporters I peviously showed you was outdated. Here is another list, which is bigger now.

http://freetexthost.com/oi0463d5yn

So, what do you all think?

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I just sent another message to Sakurai on Twitter. Here is the short version.

"@Sora_Sakurai こんにちは、桜井さん このような数々のメールでご迷惑をおかけしていなければと存じますが、ご迷惑でなければ、多くの人達がウルフをDLCにして欲しいと願う理由についてもっとお見せしたいのです。 (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1skmlne "

Hello, Mr. Sakurai. I hope I am not bothering you with these posts, but I would like to show you more as to why there are plenty of people who want Wolf in as DLC, if you don't mind.
I would like to start by showing you this poll here on Smash Boards, a big community where many fans talk about Smash Brothers the series.

http://smashboards.com/threads/poll-vote-for-your-preferred-smash-bros-dlc-choices.375784/page-12

This shows a poll for what characters are wanted in Smash Brothers for the Wii U and 3DS. Here are the results.

Wolf
420 vote(s)
52.4%
Ice Climbers
327 vote(s)
40.8%
Lucas
352 vote(s)
43.9%
Snake
287 vote(s)
35.8%
Roy
177 vote(s)
22.1%
Squirtle
143 vote(s)
17.9%
Ivysaur
145 vote(s)
18.1%
Pichu
98 vote(s)
12.2%
360 vote(s)
44.9%
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
259 vote(s)
32.3%
Isaac (Golden Sun)
309 vote(s)
38.6%
163 vote(s)
20.3%
Inkling (Splatoon)
202 vote(s)
25.2%
199 vote(s)
24.8%
100 vote(s)
12.5%
163 vote(s)
20.3%
148 vote(s)
18.5%
Krystal (Star Fox)
171 vote(s)
21.3%
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
106 vote(s)
13.2%
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
90 vote(s)
11.2%
Hades (Kid Icarus)
94 vote(s)
11.7%
Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
222 vote(s)
27.7%
162 vote(s)
20.2%
Ray Mk (Custom Robo)
104 vote(s)
13.0%
Andy (Advance Wars)
108 vote(s)
13.5%
Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)
116 vote(s)
14.5%
Kamek (Yoshi)
84 vote(s)
10.5%
Lip (Panel De Pon)
106 vote(s)
13.2%
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
102 vote(s)
12.7%
69 vote(s)
8.6%
Rayman (Rayman)
164 vote(s)
20.5%
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
146 vote(s)
18.2%
103 vote(s)
12.9%
Bomberman (Bomberman)
130 vote(s)
16.2%
140 vote(s)
17.5%
257 vote(s)
32.1%

As you can see, in the results for the poll, out of all characters, Wolf is the most wanted character to be playable as DLC in Smash Brothers for the Wii U and 3DS. He has 420 votes, with a percentage of 52.4%.

Also on Smash Boards, there are some people who said they want Wolf in as DLC in one topic.

By rsr2
Wolf needs to come back.
That is all.

By bombers14

By tekkie
Wolf needs a comeback.
Honestly Wolf/Falco/Fox are the perfect trio, they should just add to it. there's no reason to remove any of the three.

By Sunnysunny

By SmasherP82
Wolf is awesome! If he gets cut i'm probably going to kill something ):< plus he's not even a clone so he should stay anyway and **** anyone who wants him cut!

By Reggie Amiibo
Wolf was my Brawl secondary (behind Toon Link), and I fully support his inclusion.

By _Magus_

By SG9000
#Wolf4DLC

By Stormfury12

By FalKoopa
Wolf was definitely a deserving character. While not the best addition in Brawl, Sakurai did a very good job in differentiating him from Fox.

By MagnesD3
Wolf was the highlight of the brawl characters that were included for me, him and sonic.

By Pakky

By eltacoenojado

Superior Spider-Mew
Definitely put me on that list, I didn't really use Wolf that much but he was a fun character and I like him as a character, Wolf must return for smash 4!

By Rizen

By Arc Skypaw
Totally wanna see Wolf back in the game, he is the only StarFox character I actually enjoyed playing.

By Josiah

By DaRedMage
Wolf was my one of my favorite characters in Brawl. He, along with Lucas, Ivysaur and Squirtle had NO REASON TO BE CUT! I want in on this.

By rsr2
Yeah I joined late but I still want him back. That way I can show off the tattoo more lol >_>

By eltacoenojado
So I was playing last night, just doing random stage selection. I got both Star Fox stages one right after another, and they both decided to play the Star Wolf music. It made me sad, but at the same time gave me hope for our beloved Wolf to return as DLC.
Wolf For DLC!!!!

BoN~
#Wolf4Smash
Wolf in brawl is so cool,i love that up smash,in pm one of my mains,that speed is so cool,and the shine x3

By KCJ506
Wolf is pretty much the only cut vet I want back and the only one whom I think even has a realistic chance.(in regards to ones that haven't been announced)

By Zeriora
Bring wolf back, BRING HIM BACK, i mained him in brawl besides toon link but JESUS, i loved him UNTILLLLLLLLLLLL....

By Pazzo

By MacSmitty

By Yitsul

By AscWolf

By ferioku
Dammit Nintendo! Wolf is the only Villain I've ever favored to all the protagonists in any video game! Better be DLC T_T

By EndlessChrom

By Skyward
Wolf is currently the only character I actively want in the game, so add me to the support list.

By Yetiplays
Wolf is a Character I really want back. He wasn't My favorite in brawl, but I feel like Wolf is better to have than Falco, more relevance to franchise.

By SmashBroski
I support Wolf!

By HotNTasty

By SmashingObjection
Feel free to add me as a supporter :D. We need wolf.... really nothing else to say, we just need him

By Xzsmmc
Count me in. Always sucks to lose a character, and Wolf going is baffling to me. Here's hoping for him and Lucas to make a return.

By ProjectAngel

By Strider_Bond00J
I'm just going to put this here: I'm all for Wolf to return. Regardless of how you looked at it, he was his own unique fighter and deserves to come back - there's no point in having a once three-rep series drop to two when they're like Ryu and Ken.

By Cpt.

By CliffJumper

By BravadoMan_13
In my opinion, I think Wolf will be the next veteran confirmed for DLC. I really want to see him back. What good what it be that Lylat Cruise returns but Wolf doesn't? He'll be back and better than ever.

By 0ShadowStories
Now that we have DLC possiblities, Wolf is my #1 vet to come back. I always played him in brawl so he was my main.

By Grovbi
While I'm not a huge fan of Wolf, he was my preferred out of the Star Fox fighters in Brawl. I'd happily welcome him back if he were to return.

By True Blue Warrior
Wolf for the win.

By Putuk
Not a huge Wolf fan, but he's definitly my favorite Star Fox character to play as in Smash Bros.

By Komenja

By Lady Byakugan

As you can see, there are a lot of people who want Wolf in as DLC, and would be happy if you included him in the game as DLC.

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=l7xz9kv7oegh3nc484671&refer=smashboards

The one who created the poll had just released the statistics of the votes. Let me show you some of the results of that poll. The statistics can be found here in a spoiler at the top of the page.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...es-check-out-the-results-so-far.386712/page-4

1. Wolf 240
2. Ice Climbers 228
3. Lucas 218
4. King K. Rool 196
7. Ridley 167
8. Dixie Kong 164
10. Rayman 151
11. Roy 146
12. Banjo & Kazooie 137
14. Bandana Dee 129
15. Paper Mario 128
16. Krystal 128
19. Inklings 115
20. Impa 111
21. Bomberman 111
22. Zero (Mega Man) 110
23. Waluigi 102
24. Squirtle 102
26. Bayonetta 102
27. Chrom 101
28. Dark Samus 93
29. Black Shadow 93
30. Ivysaur 92
32. Sceptile 85
33. Ghirahim 84
34. Hades 84
41. Professor Layton 80
42. Chibi Robo 79
43. Shantae 79
44. Lyn 77
45. X (Mega Man) 76

In a previous poll (now unavailable) the same user made, there have been 860 votes, shown in the second page of the same topic.. Let me show you some of the results.

Wolf 622

Top Tier
Lucas 578
King K. Rool 542
Ice Climbers 531
Ridley 453
Snake (Metal Gear) 443
Dixie Kong 415

High Tier
Toad/Captain Toad 381
Bandana Dee 369
Isaac (Golden Sun) 348
Black Shadow 345
Roy 326
Kamek 312
Paper Mario 311
Impa 311
Krystal 311
Banjo & Kazooie 305

At the same time, some characters people want for DLC can be seen on Smash Boards. The topic titles for characters people want as DLC include... (as shown here: http://smashboards.com/forums/wii-u-3ds-character-discussion.291/

"Kept You Waiting Huh?" The Solid Snake for Smash DLC Thread!!! Under New Ownership

The Spunky Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SBB4 (Request Daisy in your Club Nintendo Surveys!)

Rhythm Heaven Character Emblem Data Found; a Sonata of Hope! Chorus Kids for Smash Bros DLC!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: Request the King in Your Smash Club Nintendo Forms Today!!

"Witness My True Power!" - Melia Antiqua for SSB4 DLC (Potential Spoilers; Complete Moveset Added)

Gunvolt For Smash 4 DLC

Ridley’s Partner in Crime, Kraid for Smash4 DLC(Move Over King K. Rool,I Need Me A Galactic Reptile)

Practising his Black Magic; Black Mage for Super Smash Bros.! May Monday be the Day?)

Nintendo's ace pilots take flight! Pilot Wings for SSB4! The dream's not dead! Taking flight as DLC!

As you can see, there are plenty of people who want plenty of characters in Smash Bros 4 as DLC. Though I do not have the time to show you every page and post, each topic has over one hundred posts and many pages about people discussing about the character they want in as DLC. Now, I have heard that you are a bit uneasy in terms of making more DLC, and I believe I heard you said that it would be rather greedy. Still, as I have pointed out, a lot of people want so many different characters in as DLC. Smash Brothers, the series overall, is known for its fan service, and with that, there will be so many people who would be happy if their favorite DLC character is playable, even if it has to be DLC. I do know that you said that DLC can cost a lot, and it would not be easy, but it would please the fans so much if you at least gave it a try and make some more DLC characters. You don't have to make every character there is, or that many characters to be in as DLC, but I am sure the fans would be happy with you if you made some DLC characters nonetheless. Whether or not this convinces you to make such DLC, I hope that even though you may see it as greedy, and that it may cost a lot and require some time, I hope you will be able to see how many people will be happy if you made more DLC, and I am sure they will like it if you cared enough to add more DLC for Smash Brothers 4 for the Wii U and 3DS. Whether it is Wolf, or Mona, or King K. Rool, or anyone else, even if you can't include them are, it would be good to see fans happy to see you care enough to add more DLC characters. So, even if you still have not decided to add more DLC by now, I hope this message at least helps convince you some to make more.

Also, it appears the link to the list of supporters I peviously showed you was outdated. Here is another list, which is bigger now.

Awesome man, Thanks for doing all that!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Wolf
420 vote(s)
52.4%
Ice Climbers
327 vote(s)
40.8%
Lucas
352 vote(s)
43.9%
Snake
287 vote(s)
35.8%
Roy
177 vote(s)
22.1%
Squirtle
143 vote(s)
17.9%
Ivysaur
145 vote(s)
18.1%
Pichu
98 vote(s)
12.2%
360 vote(s)
44.9%
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
259 vote(s)
32.3%
Isaac (Golden Sun)
309 vote(s)
38.6%
163 vote(s)
20.3%
Inkling (Splatoon)
202 vote(s)
25.2%
199 vote(s)
24.8%
100 vote(s)
12.5%
163 vote(s)
20.3%
148 vote(s)
18.5%
Krystal (Star Fox)
171 vote(s)
21.3%
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
106 vote(s)
13.2%
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
90 vote(s)
11.2%
Hades (Kid Icarus)
94 vote(s)
11.7%
Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
222 vote(s)
27.7%
162 vote(s)
20.2%
Ray Mk (Custom Robo)
104 vote(s)
13.0%
Andy (Advance Wars)
108 vote(s)
13.5%
Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)
116 vote(s)
14.5%
Kamek (Yoshi)
84 vote(s)
10.5%
Lip (Panel De Pon)
106 vote(s)
13.2%
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
102 vote(s)
12.7%
69 vote(s)
8.6%
Rayman (Rayman)
164 vote(s)
20.5%
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
146 vote(s)
18.2%
103 vote(s)
12.9%
Bomberman (Bomberman)
130 vote(s)
16.2%
140 vote(s)
17.5%
257 vote(s)
32.1%

By rsr2
Wolf needs to come back.
That is all.

By bombers14

By tekkie
Wolf needs a comeback.

By Sunnysunny

By SmasherP82

By Reggie Amiibo

By _Magus_

By SG9000
#Wolf4DLC

By Stormfury12

By FalKoopa

By MagnesD3

By Pakky

By eltacoenojado

Superior Spider-Mew

By Rizen

By Arc Skypaw

By Josiah

By DaRedMage

By rsr2

By eltacoenojado
Wolf For DLC!!!!

BoN~
#Wolf4Smash

By KCJ506

By Zeriora

By Pazzo

By MacSmitty

By Yitsul

By AscWolf

By ferioku

By EndlessChrom

By Skyward

By Yetiplays

By SmashBroski
I support Wolf!

By HotNTasty

By SmashingObjection

By Xzsmmc

By ProjectAngel

By Strider_Bond00J

By Cpt.

By CliffJumper

By BravadoMan_13

By 0ShadowStories

By Grovbi

By True Blue Warrior
Wolf for the win.

By Putuk

By Komenja

By Lady Byakugan

1. Wolf 240
2. Ice Climbers 228
3. Lucas 218
4. King K. Rool 196
7. Ridley 167
8. Dixie Kong 164
10. Rayman 151
11. Roy 146
12. Banjo & Kazooie 137
14. Bandana Dee 129
15. Paper Mario 128
16. Krystal 128
19. Inklings 115
20. Impa 111
21. Bomberman 111
22. Zero (Mega Man) 110
23. Waluigi 102
24. Squirtle 102
26. Bayonetta 102
27. Chrom 101
28. Dark Samus 93
29. Black Shadow 93
30. Ivysaur 92
32. Sceptile 85
33. Ghirahim 84
34. Hades 84
41. Professor Layton 80
42. Chibi Robo 79
43. Shantae 79
44. Lyn 77
45. X (Mega Man) 76

Wolf 622

Top Tier
Lucas 578
King K. Rool 542
Ice Climbers 531
Ridley 453
Snake (Metal Gear) 443
Dixie Kong 415

High Tier
Toad/Captain Toad 381
Bandana Dee 369
Isaac (Golden Sun) 348
Black Shadow 345
Roy 326
Kamek 312
Paper Mario 311
Impa 311
Krystal 311
Banjo & Kazooie 305

Gunvolt For Smash 4 DLC

This made my day and gave me some hope.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So I got bored and made this and found that another row could easily fit to the right of the CSS without the characters looking squished. What do you guys think?
This is beautiful. Personally, I'd say replace Rayman with Krystal and Dixie with King K. Rool. I'd love to see Lucas come back, and Impa would be a kickass addition. RIP Ice Climbers :(

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Glad it did.

Say, to anyone reading this, if Sakurai does read this, do you think this will help persuade him to do Wolf DLC? Not in a complete sense, but in a partial way, if any.
He probably gets thousands of posts requesting so and so character, lol.
Though on the other hand your one is quite long, so Sakurai could either dismiss it(hopefully not) since he ain't got the time for dat or he's tired of all that, or he'll read it because he's impressed by the length. Sakurai said in one interview I believe that his whims do take a part in whichever character gets chosen, so if you can influence that, you influence a potential part of the roster.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Though on the other hand your one is quite long, so Sakurai could either dismiss it(hopefully not) since he ain't got the time for dat or he's tired of all that, or he'll read it because he's impressed by the length. Sakurai said in one interview I believe that his whims do take a part in whichever character gets chosen, so if you can influence that, you influence a potential part of the roster.
There is that rumor that Sakurai and the Namco dev team really like Wolf, if only we could get into more direct contact with him, anyone live close to where Sakurai works? (He said he works at the Namco Bandai building in the April direct)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, not only is this long, but it has a lot more than just the "we want X character in the game", which seem to make up most of the requests Sakurai says. If he does read it, I am sure that with the effort I made in making this message, it will be at least different and be seen as having more effort put into it than most requests from fans, don'tcha think?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Well, not only is this long, but it has a lot more than just the "we want X character in the game", which seem to make up most of the requests Sakurai says. If he does read it, I am sure that with the effort I made in making this message, it will be at least different and be seen as having more effort put into it than most requests from fans, don'tcha think?
Yes, true.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Well seeing Wolf come back if they can also add Krystal as DLC in Smash 4 would put a smile to my face. But I have a feeling that for Wolf, his moveset can remain unchanged. After all, of all the Starfox characters in Smash, he was the heavy hitter.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Just thought I'd sign the petition while I was lurking the thread. Best of luck to this!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Although I am potentially excited for an inclusion by Rayman should Ubisoft announce it tomorrow, I still consider Wolf to be my number 1 hope for DLC. Rayman is #2, then probably Dixie Kong or King K Rool (between the 2, I don't care).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
This is beautiful. Personally, I'd say replace Rayman with Krystal and Dixie with King K. Rool. I'd love to see Lucas come back, and Impa would be a kickass addition. RIP Ice Climbers :(
I'm gonna edit it soon but I still don't know who to replace rayman with, Krystal, Isaac or Bandana Dee

Purple_Anteater

Smash Cadet
There are three kinds of characters that i'd be okay with seeing as DLC. Villains, veterans, and/or female characters. Dixie falls into the latter, with Mewtwo and wolf being the two former. I would hope that if Nintendo does more DLC after Mewtwo they would follow a "Veteran - Newcomer - Veteran - Newcomer" sort of a pattern. I'd also like to see more love for underrepresented franchises. Earthbound/Mother needs Lucas back. Starfox needs Wolf (VILLAINS PLS) Honestly, how many villians does smash 4 have in total? 2???? With Wario being represented as more of an anti-hero. D3 and MK aren't really true villains either. Even Bowser isn't THAT villainy in this game. It seems more like just him and the plumbers have some beef. Ganondorf is the only real, truly evil villain in the game at the moment, and his character has taken some serious nerfs since melee (plus some buffs making him more unique, which i'm never against). We need a villain who is fun to play, and more than just a hulking brute. We need Wolf.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer] I'd like to be added to the list of supporters for Wolf. I have never thought of Wolf as a clone. If anything I thought Falco would have been cut in Smash 4 if any Spacies were cut.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just so you all know, the Facebook page now has over 800 likes. Pretty neat, huh?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Looks perfect...except I'd remove Lucas and, since the Rayman leak turned out to be fake, replace him with Snake. I'd be even more satisfied with that.

Top Bottom