• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't eve have a good reason to cut him, he said dr mario, Roy, and mewtwo were due to time restrictions but what excuse does he have for wolf? I guess a clone like dark pit is better. Yes that was sarcasm

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I hate to say it, but here's the funeral dirge for the greatest clone character in Smash Bros. ;_;
CURSE YOU FALCO LOMBARDI!!!! I'LL DEDICATE YOU TO SMASH 4 TRAINING DUMMY ALONG WITH MII FIGHTERS!!! CURSE YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!:falco::falcomelee: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Last to get leaked in Brawl, first in this game. Quite the poetic development.

This sucks though. Wolf offered me a Star Fox character that was actually fun to use for me. His move set was well done considering the somewhat limited move pool he had to draw inspiration from. He's also my favourite Star Fox character altogether.

Pray for DLC. It's the only way I see him being in the series as a playable character now sadly...

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
RIP Wolf. You probably deserved a spot over Falco, but I guess in this case seniority rules. :/

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sorry for your loss, guys.

Fingers crossed for next time around. He'll certainly have more support to return than the three clones Sakurai chose to develop instead of him this time, anyhow.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Warning Received
Whoop whoop, another one bites the dust! Haven't been this happy since Ghirahim was revealed as an AT.

I need some more salt for my fries please.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
F*** you, Dark Pit.

Seriously though, that's what makes this so unforgivable to me.

I'll forgive Dr. Mario for being a vet, a popular clone, representing puzzle games/tetris/Dr. Mario games.

I'll forgive Lucina for being a memorable character from an excellent game who gives a 13 game series a female rep.

I won't forgive Dark Queer....I mean..Pit. Take a relatively obnoxious character. Make him wear black clothes. Put in roster. Genius!

I've never been a big Pit fan, but his voice and character always annoyed me. Now I get two of him! And no Wolf!

Dammit all. This blows. I at least hope we get some great roster additions like Mewtwo or Dixie Kong in those slots. The guy with this early copy will probably let us know soon.

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Urgg... Wolf was a horrible choice for a cut, IMO it really should have been Falco, as much as I love him

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm so sorry, guys....

I vastly preferred him over Falco. If I had it my way, I would have kept him in over the 'actual' Fox clone.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Then again, there could be the possibility of some of Wolf's attributes transferred to Falco, so his loss may not have been in vain.

May...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you're here to troll, get out.

If you're here to discuss, keep it civil.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
F*** you, Dark Pit.

Seriously though, that's what makes this so unforgivable to me.

I'll forgive Dr. Mario for being a vet, a popular clone, representing puzzle games/tetris/Dr. Mario games.

I'll forgive Lucina for being a memorable character from an excellent game who gives a 13 game series a female rep.

I won't forgive Dark Queer....I mean..Pit. Take a relatively obnoxious character. Make him wear black clothes. Put in roster. Genius!

I've never been a big Pit fan, but his voice and character always annoyed me. Now I get two of him! And no Wolf!

Dammit all. This blows. I at least hope we get some great roster additions like Mewtwo or Dixie Kong in those slots. The guy with this early copy will probably let us know soon.
The way I see it, Sakurai traded a hated clone for a hated clone. Not that I hate either, but it's undeniable that they both got some serious flak.

Flister

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flister
I was overjoyed when Wolf was the last to be leaked for Brawl. I love Star Fox and had hoped for him without actually believing it could happen.

He later ended up as one of my mains. I'm devasted, but I now have hope that he will return as DLC to promote next year's new Star Fox game *fingers crossed*

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
The way I see it, Sakurai traded a hated clone for a hated clone. Not that I hate either, but it's undeniable that they both got some serious flak.
Wolf was very well liked. Just look at how many people in this thread and the "Full copy reveal" thread are upset about it. Very few were thrilled to see Dark Pit. And Wolf was unique. NOT A CLONE. Landmaster doesn't count.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
It truly is unfortunate. Wolf was a perfectly fine character. He wasn't my main or anything, but he provided a wonderful change of pace over the other two SF reps. Farewell Wolf.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Wolf is not a clone, he just has a few similar specials to that of Fox and Falco.

But really guys, Wolf being cut has nothing to do with Not Pit.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wolf was very well liked. Just look at how many people in this thread and the "Full copy reveal" thread are upset about it. Very few were thrilled to see Dark Pit. And Wolf was unique. NOT A CLONE. Landmaster doesn't count.
No, people were complaining of Starfox bais when Wolf was confirmed, just like the Kid Icarus bias now. And it's ignorant of you to compare a character who was in the last SSB to a character that hasn't even been announced for the new one. Dark Pit has just as much a fanbase as Wolf has, but most of them aren't total smash-heads like us and aren't even aware of his inclusion.

Wolf and Dark Pit are in the exact same situation.

Wolf is not a clone, he is in no way comparable to some uninspired archetype.

You guys get what I mean...
And Dark Pit has atleast one unique move judging from the render, so he could end up being this game's Wolf in many ways.

It always sucks to be a star fox fan.
Yeah, that Starfox U was definitely a bad time to be a Starfox fan.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Wolf is not a clone, he just has a few similar specials to that of Fox and Falco.

Oh I know, its just Wolf being cut and Dark Pit being in is infuriating and annoyingly biased. And he's a VERY uninspired clone. Like, completely uninspired. Not even a cool clone like Lucina.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
No, people were complaining of Starfox bais when Wolf was confirmed, just like the Kid Icarus bias now. And it's ignorant of you to compare a character who was in the last SSB to a character that hasn't even been announced for the new one. Dark Pit has just as much a fanbase as Wolf has, but most of them aren't total smash-heads like us and aren't even aware of his inclusion.

Wolf and Dark Pit are in the exact same situation.

You guys get what I mean...
And Dark Pit has atleast one unique move judging from the render, so he could end up being this game's Wolf in many ways.

Yeah, that Starfox U was definitely a bad time to be a Starfox fan.
It will probably suck, Nintendo hasnt been able to make a good starfox game since 64. Also do you know how many years its been since we got a game, 8, eight years. 17 since we have had a good one. Its no good to love a franchise that gets no love.

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I have Ive kept up to date on everything, their track record isnt good with this series and people STILL love it, Im glad they are trying to do something but tbh I have like 0 faith in them to deliver.
While I'm sorry for your loss, you're acting like a jerk right now. What's done is done. I'm also disappointed because a character I like is not in, but that is not a reason for me to skip this game.

I dunno, maybe with time you'll calm down, and be able to enjoy this game like the creator intended to. Dissing all his hard work only because my favorite character isn't in is in no ways respectful.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Damn...Wolf's gone. Let's just say, I don't agree with this. At all.

That is all. Everyone, keep a cool head.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I have Ive kept up to date on everything, their track record isnt good with this series and people STILL love it, Im glad they are trying to do something but tbh I have like 0 faith in them to deliver.
The biggest problem with just expanding on the SF64 formula is that the whole score attack thing is lost on most people. You should see the complaints about how "short" the game is when the average person gets to the credits. It's kinda hard to pad out length in a game about scores without using scores...

While I'm sorry for your loss, you're acting like a jerk right now. What's done is done. I'm also disappointed because a character I like is not in, but that is not a reason for me to skip this game.

I dunno, maybe with time you'll calm down, and be able to enjoy this game like the creator intended to. Dissing all his hard work only because my favorite character isn't in is in no ways respectful.
Uh, pretty sure he's talking about Starfox.

Top Bottom