• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't download wifi addon with 3.6 Homebrew Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
This is really starting to rustle my jimmies.

Whenever I try to download the wifi addon (yes i do wait until it stops saying "connecting to wifi"), it just sends me right back to the homebrew menu, which means that I can't play wifi with friends. I want to see if there is a solution before I go and use the hackless version.

nomatophobe

Smash Rookie
This is not a bug. The wifi addon is intended for use on emulators such as dolphin, not for wiis.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
wasn't 3.5 wifi compatable on wii? I recall playing online in 3.5. I don't remember doing anything special to get it to work though. 3.6 doesn't seem to work though.

nomatophobe

Smash Rookie
drsusredfish, I was never able to get wifi working in 3.5... As far as I know, it wasn't supposed to work.

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
I got it working. Turns out there's a wifi codeset in the files, so you can just replace the files.

Handy Fox

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4871-7516-4628
I'm also having this problem but it seems that after I install the wifi addon
and try to start playing offline the game crashes. I tried running it without the addon but it just says discontinued.
I was able to play in 3.5. Is it because its beta?

D

Deleted member

Could you guys give a walkthrough for this? I seem to also be having trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom