• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canondorf

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
black shadow probably wishes he can do that to falcon

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
yo screw P:M

we should just balance melee like this (well not quite like this but you get what i mean)

looks like a lot of fun

i would consider maining this character

odinNJ

Smash Lord
jesus my eyes were not ready for this ,...
there should be a disclaimer in the title.

Jeyfar

Smash Apprentice
Ganon still has the same weight so it's still a 80-20 match-up with Sheik ): lol chaingrabs

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
@SypherPhoenix: Did you already upload your hacks somewhere? I couldn't find them.
No, and I'm not going to upload Ganon. You can find the Debug Menu cosmetic mod here, along with my modified Rainbow Shine:

http://www.mediafire.com/sypherphoenix#qy9xlqj6z5j1v

The Rainbow Shine was simply updated to change the look of the first few frames of the shine as well.

Ganon still has the same weight so it's still a 80-20 match-up with Sheik ): lol chaingrabs
Oh man, you wish.

Willy OD

Smash Rookie
What's the list of changes ?
I see Falco's jump, more hitlag (not sure for knockback), Falcon's dashing speed and L-cancel lags, no lag on down B.
Anything wrong/else ?

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
He's incomplete. Maybe after some cleanup I'll release him with my other characters.

(σ ̄ ³ ̄)σ

What's the list of changes ?
I see Falco's jump, more hitlag (not sure for knockback), Falcon's dashing speed and L-cancel lags, no lag on down B.
Anything wrong/else ?
Honestly, I don't really know exactly what was changed, as I didn't document it. His run speed is greater than Falcon's and while his DJ height wasn't copied from Falco, it does seem to be somewhere around there.

All of his attack hitboxes (afaik) have either lightning or darkness effects attached to them, which was done to give the moves more hitlag and a greater feeling of power. I gave him something close to Falcon's nair, though it's a bit more powerful iirc. Some hitboxes were also altered to give guaranteed knockback in a certain direction, such as his usmash.

His kyick is lagless when it hits the ground an there's also significantly less vunerability when you start it on the ground. Also I think I made the spike angle as close as possible to straight down without it being meteor-cancellable.

There are a boatload of other changes that I can't remember individually, a lot of messy attributes and hitbox editing. There's also some crazy stuff with his neutral+B that I don't think was shown in these videos.

joeplicate

Smash Master
if i wanted to start messing around with melee hacks, what do i need? (a wii, i'm guessing)

can anybody point me in the right direction plz?

VGmasta

Smash Lord
The Ganon vs Sheik matchup would become Ganon's favor.
If Ganon's up-airs alone were to cause as much hit stun as Falcon's knee, that would already make the match up a ton easier for Ganon. So many "gauranteed" combos from up-airs that come out instantly and cover so much space.

Mahone

Smash Champion
In sypher's perfect balanced melee, sheik can't cg ganon

man, i love that balanced melee... even though rest is weaker :(

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
In sypher's perfect balanced melee, sheik can't cg ganon

man, i love that balanced melee... even though rest is weaker :(
noooooooooo don't tell them

the last thing i want is people on my butthole about it

i think sheik can still cg ganon in 1.4, it just either starts at mid percents or doesn't work for as long, i forget

also the weaker rest was from one of my first builds, i realized pretty quickly that it was a scrubby change that didn't affect her fundamentally

i also came to understand that jiggs doesn't need any changes, i was just stupid and scrubby

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
This looks and sounds like the best thing ever.

I'll all for no one bugging Sypher in the hopes that we may too someday be able to play this "perfect" melee

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Eikelmann, that is ****ing fantastic. Please tell me you have a psd file or something that can be put into the game.

(aka, PM me and we will make amazing things happen)

Top Bottom