• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*CANCELED*World Gaming Presents, "War at the Shore '09" *Details Inside*

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
@ Fatal: since it's not in my power I can't guarantee anything.

I will discuss it with them amd I'm pretty sure they won't mind.

I'll try to make so if there's under 100 entrants the pay out is top 3.

If there's over 100 entrants the payouts top5

If there's over 200 entrants, the payout's top 8

Why exactly is the venue fee $20 anyway?
I can only speculate.

1. It's in a 4 or 5 star hotel so it's pretty expensive

2. They have up to $7,000 or more in guranteed pots

3. The only way for the Madden tourney to be "official" is to have a $20 venue and $10 entrance fee(at least that's what I was told) So instead of making the venue fee different depending on what event you entered I guess they just kept it the same for everything.

Remember, this is only me speculating

BB&G

Smash Rookie
sorry for the venue fee but this event has over 22,000 in cost that going out in prizes and events fee's. the event itself is get the world gaming name out .....20.00 venue fee is to cover the cost to pay the staff(eveybody getpaid) ,rent the hall,hotel rooms for the staff,ufragtv to come and host the event ....this is very expensive event to host ......the hotel is top notch to say the least ..... the pot will go up when more people get in event .....enjoy

and sorry the pots are over 12,000 in guarantee pots

Aposl

Smash Ace
This just in... If more than 100 people enter than the xtra goes into the pot. As of now 4th through 8th win a 25 dollar account on world gaming's web site.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
prob coming to this if its big enuf ;D
Sweet, BTW megabus goes from canada straight to the Tropicana which is accross the street from the venue O.O

http://www.megabus.com/us/stops/index_northeast.php

not to be a **** or anything... but is madden really going to get 500+ people? If it isn't time to move onto another game for money :laugh:
Madden is ridiculously huge actually. Let's prove World Gaming Wrong wrong so they Make Brawl's Pot tremendously bigger at their next event by getting as many people here as possible

BB&G

Smash Rookie
i do agree with you but the people giving away the money ...want it another way...that is about the move to another game but madden is big online and smash still has problems with lag

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh, Brawl+ on Friday night = ****ty turnout (see: SNES)

Plus I don't wanna take off work for it.

Sorry GIMR, you'll have to find someone else to run the B+ tourney.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'll come by maybe.
That'd be great dude

UPDATES

9/2/09

Brawl Payout(If Under 100 People):

1st: $600
2nd: $300
3rd: $100

Brawl Payout(If Over 100 People):

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%

If over 100 people show up their entrance fee will be added to the pot.(For example, if 150 people show, the pot will be $1500)

Street Fighter IV Payout(If Under 100 People):

1st: $600
2nd: $300
3rd: $100

Street Fighter IV Payout(If Over 100 People):

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

If over 100 people show up their entrance fee will be added to the pot.(For example, if 150 people show, the pot will be $1500)

@ JCaes: alright, thanks for considering

Aposl

Smash Ace
plenty of outlets we already drove up and checked it was about 18 I beleive and some coming from the floor, as well as Lan jacks for plenty of live stream, which by the way reminds me. If anyone wants to bring a live stream set up talk to me, GIMR or Hat, and UFrag TV is going to be live streaming interviews as well as matches.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
so i might come but i might also need a teammate, looking to team with amazing GWs or marths or mks, Good aerial people or all ground people, snake, diddy, etc i'll know if i can come by the middle of this month, so steel, chu, candy, g-regulate if you guys don't have a teammate let me know

Dopey

Smash Lord
what day is melee on? an can we play both melee an brawl?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
thought about entering SFIV...until it said ps3

i'll try to make it to this. havnt been OoS since genesis (which is a long time for me :laugh: )

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
Uhh are they doing PS3 for Street Fighter 4 like they did in evo or 360? Because my Fight Stick is for the 360 so I will be sad if they have it for PS3

EDIT:
thought about entering SFIV...until it said ps3

i'll try to make it to this. havnt been OoS since genesis (which is a long time for me :laugh: )
This ***** me so Hard. No SF4 for me =(

Deez.

Smash Lord
so i might come but i might also need a teammate, looking to team with amazing GWs or marths or mks, Good aerial people or all ground people, snake, diddy, etc i'll know if i can come by the middle of this month, so steel, chu, candy, g-regulate if you guys don't have a teammate let me know
HRnut wanna team for this?:( since we didn't get a chance last time =\

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Good chance Im going to this, which means other FL ppl might go too, idk xD

OMFG This is the same day as hobo19. I can go to either one. @.@ Oh**** gotta think about which i want to go to.

I would like to go to TX but if this is gonna be a big tournament in my backyard with OoS coming I don't wanna miss it. @.@

Top Bottom