• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Salt Spill - Tool Link+

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Viet, can you make a pac for me lol?

I was wondering if you could make toon links upb ( grounded) have the same properties as rollout/egg-roll. Make the damage relatively low, but have the same kgb as yoshi's?.
Do you think you can make the charge up, similar to the way jiggz charges up? and possibly the control of either move would be cool.
I want to see how this would work out, i in no means want this implicated, its simply for myself.

I believe it's impliMENTED.

Go buy a gameshark Zaf, save poor Viet some trouble =)

<3 Toon Link+ Board XD

zaf

Smash Lord
now you can shut up for that useless last post kev, im smoking all your cigs next wednesday at NCBA.

but seriously, viet can you do this for me?

zaf

Smash Lord
Well let's take a small look at the move itself. It has two different states; grounded and aerial.
While on the ground, it can be charged. Once the move is done charging, toon link spins on the spot.
While it is performed in the air, there is no charging of the move, and toon link gains vertical momentum.

Since the move has two different properties, wouldn't it be as simple as changing the properties of the grounded up-b to be the same as roll out/egg roll? This shouldn't alter the aerial upb?

I know wolfs nair was changed to sonics, so move replication is possible.

So for each state that the move can be in, there should be lines of code for that. I have never looked at the actual coding for the game, but i know enough on coding to know how it works exactly.

If this is something that is either out of your league or very time consuming then forget about it, i only wanted to experiment with it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
uhh zaf wolf's nair already looks like sonics, now it just acts the same

you're asking a special move (already harder to program compared to normals) to have entirely new function (at least for Toon Link they're "entirely new")

it's entirely possible, just probably time consuming. Maybe after finals I'll look at it.

zaf

Smash Lord
uhh zaf wolf's nair already looks like sonics, now it just acts the same

you're asking a special move (already harder to program compared to normals) to have entirely new function (at least for Toon Link they're "entirely new")

it's entirely possible, just probably time consuming. Maybe after finals I'll look at it.
oh, i didnt know the animation had an effect on the moves. I though the character sprites just followed the commands from the code.

gl on the finals

kr3wman

Smash Master
While on the ground, it can be charged. Once the move is done charging, toon link spins on the spot.
I thought you wanted the hurricane spin attack from WW and Link would go along the ground like Yoshi doing it.

I'd be pretty brok--

FFFFFFUUUU--

zaf

Smash Lord
I thought you wanted the hurricane spin attack from WW and Link would go along the ground like Yoshi doing it.

I'd be pretty brok--

FFFFFFUUUU--
First, I am not asking for this for everyone or for the game, i just want it for myself. I just want to mess around with it.

And it wouldn't be like mk, it would be like yoshi or jigz where the move hits only once.

How does I fight Toon Link.

I know its about getting in. Or at least. That's how I learned in Brawl.
It really is all about getting in, power shielding, shielding and dodging projectiles. Just remember what moves your character has that breaks toon links projectiles and use these moves to closen the gap.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Mario has nothing like that. Only Marth and TLs know that MU better than me. ;___;

fffffff i need MU EXP.
Doesn't Mario have something that reflects projectiles?

But I'm probably mistaking it for spacies or something.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I don't even consider cape because caping tlink's projectiles isn't a smart idea, as he can toss them out faster than Mario can cape and Tlink still has AC zair.

You know. Frame disadvantage because wind down on cape is silly.

Also, caping projectiles doesn't let Mario get in either.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Neko, treat the matchup the same as you would in vBrawl. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234816

And I always try to cape Tink's boomerang at the very least, since it removes his zoning advantage and keeps him from pulling it for a little while. For the rest, cape/dodge/FLUDD whatever the situation calls for. An opponent spamming projectiles should not keep a Mario player at bay all the time, otherwise it's a weakness that you need to work on.

Really, the only thing you need to worry about in the matchup is his Zair, because it's ridiculous. Work around that and you should be able to telegraph what your opponent is doing enough to get inside.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
neko just learn how to hold momentum in an iron grip like pro players do

then after you powershield zair for a grab on TL or whatever just turn on **** mode

if you catch fresh bombs just throw them offstage to abuse the fact that he can only have two out at max

meh arrows, PS them or clash with something

cape back boomerang or clash with it, all of tl's projectiles except bombs have pretty meh priority

think of a campy tink as a worse off B+ Link, think of a TL that does both things as ur worst enemy and **** plz

he's like a poor man's nu

oh wait =P

zaf

Smash Lord
Watch out for b+ tl's dair though. It is strong, has nice priority and can lead into combo's. Try not to let toon link get above you because dair is safe on shields for the most part. Also, you can footstool people when they are in shield. Tl is small and footstools lead to dairs.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
That I've already learned. At least for the most part. When I do get in, I get too aggressive and sometimes end up getting dair'd a few frames before my attack comes out. fffffff.

but thanks for the tips.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'd just dodge and punish tbh.

Lag is reduced, but not enough to avoid a grab.

I do want to figure out what percent's Dthrow/Uthrow to Doc Fair will work on.

zaf

Smash Lord
Usmash no longer has iasa frames, so it is harder to follow up after it.
Zair does not force tech every time, this now depends on character %'s.
Iasa frames for arrows after boomerang were left in.
Dsmash is now more polished.
First hit of fsmash always connects to the 2nd hit now. None of that ******** popping out ****.

Not really sure what else has changes, i havent noticed everything im sure. These are just what i know.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
no they suck

stop using them

j/k lol

but yeah toon link is kinda stuck to where he is

VietGeek

Smash Hero
why is this thread dead

i thought toon link was mad gay

so good

broken