• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada at APEX 2012 | UPDATED. CHECK THE LAST PAGE

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I highly doubt i can go to this now... if i only had to book friday off instead of thurs-fri i might be able to go

sorry guys

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I'm semi guaranteed for this, as long as I don't **** around in school, I get to go.
What'd be going on with the Busing and and and.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
You don't have to book thurs off. Nothing brawl related happens until sat. So its up to you

:phone:
oh i thought we had to leave thurs morning. hmm ill see what i can do

Patches

Smash Master
First off. Ill update this later today.

Secondly, for those going by bus:

Personally, I know me and my friends will be going thursday morning. Apex starts on friday. As far as I know, melee and allbrawl starts friday. Allbrawl isn't that important. We just want the full apex experience. People can leave on friday morning, and get there later on friday and partake on saturday when brawl pools happens.

Mprime

Smash Ace
im taking mega bus down there and whitby plans to go in on a hotel from what i know. anyone else down for throwing in some cash for a hotel room (patches and Joe I hope you're down for the hotel idea (I know u guys will wna burn get wasted and parteh!!! last time i heard googs was coming and hes down for pitching in on a hotel and getting wasted n **** and hopefully mr L is down as well, gna talk to him about it next time we smash))? also we should all book our destinations to depart at the same time that way we can travel as a group. I don't feel like traveling without the Canucks, it just isn't the same. i know my spelling and grammar is notorious but i gave up on that **** half way through this post

fUddO

Smash Ace
I'm willing to chip in for a hotel, and want to go with the biggest group going down, lol. The bus ride to CoT5 was awesome, lol.

Patches

Smash Master
As it stands. I want the full apex experience. I just want to see, and play everyone. Even if there is no brawl happening, I'm sure there will be a set up or two. Get some MM's out of the way. Blaze with people. You know how it is.

Mprime

Smash Ace
as it stands Me, Mr L., Googs (if he is able to go), fuddo, Patches and Fishy are all down for throwing some cash on a hotel room is there anyone else who is interested

Patches

Smash Master
KBMX is down too, and I'd assume Joe is as well.

I'mma update the thread right meow.

Double post. Trollolololol.

As it stands, that hotel room would have 8 people in it. I think I'mma limit it there for crashing wise. Assuming, we get 2 beds. That's 2 people, per bed. Sorry guys, we gotta share. No homo. 4 people on the floor. Of course, we can alternate who gets the beds and ****.

For a double room, from Friday to Sunday. (We sleep there sunday, leave monday) It would be a total of 357.00. That's 45 dollars a night, each person. (44 dollars and change, so might as well round it up.) For each person that would be a total of 135. Not a bad price at all. I'll see to booking it or something when the time is right. Basically, waiting on Joe and Googs.

Edit: If we actually arrive Thursday, we may need another day in the hotel. Which simply would be another 45 dollars. However, I'll see if there is any way we can get housing on Thursday.

-Googs

Smash Lord
So after apex reg fees, Bus fee's (assuming its around 5$) and hotel fees we're looking at....190$ all in without food.

Patches

Smash Master
Roughly. If we can get housing on Thursday, for those who go on Thursday.

I'm gonna be bringing $400. That should cover everything. Booze, food, hotel, transportation, Doubles ( since Im registering tonight/tomorrow ), MMs and cigarettes.

Another double post. My math was way off.

If a room is 119 a night. We have 8 people. Divide 119 by 8. You get 14.875. Round up to 15. Times that by 3. 45.

SO. We'd each be paying 45 dollars for the entire stay.

Multiply 45 by 8, that's 360. 3 dollar tip?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
*considers the thought of splitting a hotel room with 7 dudes*

sounds legit lol. This first-come first-serve?

Patches

Smash Master
Doesn't have to be. All I know is that I'm not going to be booking all the rooms. Like I said in the above post, it's costing 357 at booking. Pretty sure. It's something I'll have to look into, but yeah. I dont have the cash to be throwing around like that.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
if i decide soon enough i might be able to help u out w/ that

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I've done it like 6 times at anime north it aint so bad lol

Patches

Smash Master
Rooms can always be split up. It doesn't matter to me. Googs, if you have any concerns or anything, pm me or inbox me on fb.

Edit: at cot5, me, mprime, guard, minifridge all stayed at a hotel with junebug, noid, and I think two more people? Might have been one. I don't remember. Either way. It really isn't that bad at all.

-Googs

Smash Lord
Lemme think about it. I'll see what whitby is doing and such. Has anyone talked to Ally, is he leaving from mtl or the states?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Just a word of warning, the first two or so seats on Megabus are $1. After that, the prices increase slowly to about $80 or so. Buy the tickets ASAP to get the lowest prices. Also check out Greyhound if Megabus gets pricey. I find Greyhound to be more comfortable. Did Megabus between Toronto / Montreal and Greyhound between Toronto / New York. Much preferred Greyhound.
woah

A GAFer! Are you coming to this?

I might be going. Depends on school.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I might be down to split a hotel room. After next week, I'd have 3ish months to save $. I'd be willin to start a 2nd room. Doesn't have to be all Brawl players or all Ontario ppl. I'd jam with any Canadian :cool:

Top Bottom