• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we start getting some hitbox threads?

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
Now that the full roster is out can we start getting some hitbox threads? I've really only seen one or two, and I think some characters have been in for long enough now that they'll only receive minor tweaks unless something silly happens.

What say you PMBR? Start from the least likely to change and go from there?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well we aren't going to get any official PMBR hitbox data threads, but you can always do it yourself.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I'd like to collect data on hitbox, but I'm not sure how to see the hit boxes. I wonder if there is a code to see it

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Like what? I'm pretty sure their work rate has slowed tremendously since the launch of 3.02.
You know:

1)balance teh game
2)fix teh bugs
3)work/school
4)manage the forums
5)Apex 2014
6)add teh features
7)sleep
8)eat
9)be hygienic
10)have lives

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I was trying to get ZSS hitbox data for the ZSS subforum, but I could not get them to show up in BrawlBox. If anyone could post a current tutorial on getting hitbox data I think the problem would solve itself.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I would LOVE to help out with this in my free time, and second a guide (preferably text-based as I'm mostly on my phone with limited data). I knew to open the texture .pac in BrawlBox and right-click "View All Models", but I honestly JUST figured out that to pull up any of the menus after that you have to click on the tiny borders on the four sides of the window. Embarassing, but you can imagine how long I spent trying to right-click and hit Alt without success.

But yeah, I also understand that things are a little different in P:M too.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I gave up on hitbox detailing with college and getting a new laptop happening. It seems like the PM releases have been far more frequent than in the 2.0 times, so hitbox data might not stay fully accurate for long anyway.

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
You know:

1)balance teh game
2)fix teh bugs
3)work/school
4)manage the forums
5)Apex 2014
6)add teh features
7)sleep
8)eat
9)be hygienic
10)have lives
Only 3 of those have to do with hitboxes is my point. I'm not saying drop everything and make hitbox threads. I'm saying start with characters that are least likely to change for the foreseeable future and go from there. If you couldn't understand that than I don't know what to tell you.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Only 3 of those have to do with hitboxes is my point. I'm not saying drop everything and make hitbox threads. I'm saying start with characters that are least likely to change for the foreseeable future and go from there. If you couldn't understand that than I don't know what to tell you.
You do know that was a joke right? Characters are going to have hitbox changes no matter what to accommodate balance issues. Making a whole bunch of hotbox threads when everyone else could make the same threads just as easily isn't worth their time when they have several other things to do.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Some characters dont open for me in brawlbox (it just crashes when I load their moveset/animations) and others I have no problem. If anyone knows why this is they should let me know.

Compiling hitbox data and presenting it nicely can be pretty time consuming, I found from my experience with the Lucas hitbox thread. Learning how to view the data yourself in bbox yourself shouldn't take too long, however.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Some characters dont open for me in brawlbox (it just crashes when I load their moveset/animations) and others I have no problem. If anyone knows why this is they should let me know.

Compiling hitbox data and presenting it nicely can be pretty time consuming, I found from my experience with the Lucas hitbox thread. Learning how to view the data yourself in bbox yourself shouldn't take too long, however.
What are the characters you are having problems with? I've checked every character at least once with no problems.

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
I was having a conversation with monkunit regarding my troubles getting hitboxes to show. I wasn't able to find an answer to this if anyone wants to help me with it.
so I got everything working (almost) on BrawlBox .67 to take frame data for ZSS. ran into a problem.
I loaded my model and animations, was on the jab 1 animation, couldn't get the subactions tab to do anything.
I tried to open up the FitSZerosuit.pac as a moveset so I could get the tab to populate, but brawlbox crashes (shown below). What version of brawlbox do you use to get hitbox pics? and after loading the model and animation, what exactly do you do to get the hurtboxes to appear in the viewer?

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
to the people talking about hitbxes being changed, edit the hitbox threads accordingly? they usually only change a couple of moves for each character each time which is few and far between. it hardly even seems like any trouble.

i for one have been dying to see some hitbox threads. they're quite helpful and will ultimately help the metagame grow. a small group of people for each character could collect all the initial data and after that point it's just a matter of the occasional edit as new builds come out. i'd love to volunteer but i have other responsibilities already that are quite time consuming. =/

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
to the people talking about hitbxes being changed, edit the hitbox threads accordingly? they usually only change a couple of moves for each character each time which is few and far between. it hardly even seems like any trouble.

i for one have been dying to see some hitbox threads. they're quite helpful and will ultimately help the metagame grow. a small group of people for each character could collect all the initial data and after that point it's just a matter of the occasional edit as new builds come out. i'd love to volunteer but i have other responsibilities already that are quite time consuming. =/
I fully volunteer to man the ZSS hitbox thread I just need help getting the hitboxes to show as outlined above. Is there any definitive guide on doing it in brawl box?

Top Bottom