• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone help with spiking?

Flindigo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-0735-7198
I've noticed that while playing against other Falcons, using the spike can kill incredibly early. However, whenever I try, especially with the online lag, I can never get the timing quite right. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Doroco

Smash Cadet
when playing online you can mash the change colour buttons to test for lag. if the colour chainging seems a bit off in the way it changes it means you'll have input lag. Otherwise just practice and not being afraid to suicide for it (for practice)

Hameed Ziabari

Smash Cadet
1. I don't know what the online experience is in most countries, but in Australia it seems to be piss weak. Try and meet up with other mates if you're looking to play with people.

2. In order to land spike you need to start mixing people up. It's always good to mix up run and shield grab and dash attack. If you manage to get the grab near the edge, at low percents down throw to up air is gaurenteed. You can then down throw, jump and bait the air dodge, and then stomp as a punish. You can also mix up nair to beat out air dodge.

Nothing combos into stomp, so the only way you can get it is by being smarter than your opponent. Learn their bad habits, and punish accordingly.

Flindigo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-0735-7198
Thanks for the help, guys! Yeah, I'm pretty much just using online to practice, no matter how bad the connection is. I'll definitely keep these things in mind.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Spiking with utilt is easier that dair online imo. Since a lot of people(the not smart ones) will camp by the ledge to use projectiles, they're literally setting themselves up for the earliest, easiest KO in Falcon's new playbook. When you see someone near the ledge, especially if they're trying to stay there, bait out punishable attacks with dash dancing and land a falling uair on them while they're in lag, then follow up with an immediate utilt as you land. If you do this from around 25-40 percent on most characters, the utilt will spike them straight down really fast for an almost guaranteed KO, and they dont get a chance to DI towards the ledge in this setup since it's just too close as it is. You'll also get this off bad recoveries too, if they dont go low enough to sweetspot the ledge.

philipawalker

Smash Rookie
One thing that usually helps me with dair spikes is to drop lower than you think you have to. Also, stating the obvious, but watch for each individual person's habits and change your timing accordingly.

M@v

Subarashii!
I actually have a couple replays of falcon dittos where I land down air kills on for Glory Mode...I'll see if I can get them up sometime tonight.

mmkzer0

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0534-6178
Train with Bots before playing against other People! Spiking itself can kill early as hell and can be done easily after a bunch of Training ;3

Top Bottom