• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Luigi's uair be used to combo?

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Up till now my luigi game has been all wavedashed smashes/grabs/tilts/dairs finishing with chops or dairs, but after playing falcon a bit, I started thinking about using short-hopped uairs to juggle two or three times in a combo, finishing in a chop.

I'm not very good at it, but does uair have combo potential?

nublet06

Smash Lord
not really. luigi has terrible horizontal movement in the air. so you will be knocking your opponent much farther than luigi travels. People usually DI out of range after one.

you can do uair to chop sometimes tho. but only 1 uair. nothing like falcon, doc, mario.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
Comboing with an Up-Air usually doesn't work but I guess it depends how your opponent DI's. Whenever I play someone with really bad DI Up-Air Fair can land. I throw it in sometimes and it's surprising.

-PM-

Smash Ace
the only use if seen for this is if your hanging on the edge and you are stuck jump off and uair to push your enemy back

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I did this against my friend yesterday he was playing with G&W at 10%-15% (I dont remember)

Up throw> full jumped dair>uair>(jump)uair>fair

He was at a very low percentage so the dair didn't knock out him to much distance thats why I was able to connect with uair

But you wont be able to combo like falcon or mario with luigi because as everyone else had said... he can't

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I naturally find myself trying to uair combo with Luigi, it comes from playing Mario so much :laugh:

Uair doesn't combo very well, but it's easier if you're uair comboing them through platforms. Like jump, uair, uair, land on above platform, continue combo. Or short hop uair, fall down to next platform, uair, continue combo.

I'm still experimenting with this. Oh, a couple others I just remembered. They're all very similar but they work well.

At low percentages:

SH uair -> nair -> utilt(s) ->continue combo

SHFFL uair -> utilt(s) -> continue combo

Ledgehopped uair -> nair -> utilt(s) -> continue combo

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
EDIT:

I naturally find myself trying to uair combo with Luigi, it comes from playing Mario so much :laugh:

Uair doesn't combo very well, but it's easier if you're uair comboing them through platforms. Like jump, uair, uair, land on above platform, continue combo. Or short hop uair, fall down to next platform, uair, continue combo.

Uair works best at very low percentages, like 0-20. Might vary depending on who you're fighting against.

I'm still experimenting with this. Oh, a couple others I just remembered. They're all very similar but they work well. I'm going by memory here, let me know if some aren't right.

At low percentages:

SH uair -> nair -> utilt(s) ->continue combo

SH fair (helps if you have forward momentum) -> uair -> utilt(s) ->continue combo

SHFFL uair -> utilt(s) -> continue combo

Ledgehopped uair -> nair -> utilt(s) -> continue combo

Ledgehopped fair -> uair -> utilt(s) -> continue combo
Meh, can't edit posts, Smashboards has been screwy lately.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
If you're trying to juggle people with Uairs like Mario, it won't work well unless you SH, Uair, Fastfall and then waveland. But I'd suggest using a different move anyways. Fair/dair/nair are much better.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
to this thread:Well if you watch ppa0's uair video,I'm pretty sure the opponents DI'ed incorrectly though :laugh:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Uair is very underrated. It comes out very quickly and has a nice upward range. It can be used to stop an opponents aerial if you time it during their startup lag. And yes, it does have comboing potential. Just don't overuse if you use it at all. IMO it's best for out-aerialing your opponent's slow aerials (Ganon's Dair, anyone?).

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with wavelanding. Who said it doesn't work? >.>

Wavelanding's very important for Luigi. If you're looking for more combo potential, wavelands help you continue the assault when your opponent flies out of reach, which will happen a lot because Luigi's a pretty strong character.

knightpal

Smash Rookie
I agree... luigi's Uair is useful ranging from continual combos and critical hits, I think that it has a rather bad delay in midair though but overall it's useful like his spinny move to stop people from killing him in midair.:tired:

Top Bottom