• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I trust Mayflash GameCube Adapter

AUS

Smash Cadet
For quite a while I had been using a USB GameCube controller in order to play Melee and PM netplay, however quite recently my controller ended up breaking. So I decided enough was enough and that rather then getting another cheap USB controller I should get a GameCube Adapter. Sadly the official Nintendo one is very expensive so I want to get a Mayflash. Could anyone tell me if it works fine and if not what should I get instead. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
For quite a while I had been using a USB GameCube controller in order to play Melee and PM netplay, however quite recently my controller ended up breaking. So I decided enough was enough and that rather then getting another cheap USB controller I should get a GameCube Adapter. Sadly the official Nintendo one is very expensive so I want to get a Mayflash. Could anyone tell me if it works fine and if not what should I get instead. Thank you in advance.
Seems like the Mayflash adapter is what a lot of people have been using before the official GC adapter. I haven't heard any complaints on it. I'm not sure on the lag difference or anything, but regardless, sounds like it's at least good enough to do the job.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
It's the one people seem to go for when they can't get their hands on an official Nintendo one, so I'm sure that must be for a reason.

AUS

Smash Cadet
Thanks everyone, I did check and supposedly it has a small amount of input lag however I've been using a crappy 20 bucks USB controller I picked up at a convention a ways back so I'm sure this wont be too bad.

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
In the future, the input lag won't matter. The new version of Dolphin will offer a much less input lag solution and the added lag from the adapter will most likely make it feel just like native GameCube, from what I understand.

D

Deleted member

Is it true it has input lag? I haven't been able to find any reports on Google that it does.

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I've actually heard a few things about mayflash adapters bugging out from time to time.

Personally, I had one send my friend and I off stage in opposite directions the other day. It was only for a second but that can be game breaking.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
I've actually heard a few things about mayflash adapters bugging out from time to time.

Personally, I had one send my friend and I off stage in opposite directions the other day. It was only for a second but that can be game breaking.
That's really bad. Although on the other hand I don't want to spend 100$ or so buying more scalped adapters

Soupy

Sage of Wind
That's really bad. Although on the other hand I don't want to spend 100$ or so buying more scalped adapters
Yeahhhh, that's the only unfortunate thing.

I would say that Mayflash is 100% okay for practice and locals, but I doubt they'll ever use them for bigger tournies because of the possibility of bugs in the middle of an important match.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Yeahhhh, that's the only unfortunate thing.

I would say that Mayflash is 100% okay for practice and locals, but I doubt they'll ever use them for bigger tournies because of the possibility of bugs in the middle of an important match.
It's kinda weird that a relay for data input can just cause random bugs, technology is 2spooky.

But right now all my sets are covered until more people get into tournaments for smash 4 so that's good.

Top Bottom