• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Can I get DLC without repaying?

DR. Batt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Danpyre
My 3DS's circle stick thing broke, so I decided to trade my 3DS with someone else. Luckily, everything transfers via SD card... except DLC content. I had the all fighter's bundle, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, and Dreamland 64 (basically everything I really need, except Inkling. I want that Inkling some day). I don't believe I should have to pay for the DLC again just because they used cheap plastic for a crucial component of the system. So, is there any way to get it without repaying for all of it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You just have to make sure that you're using the exact same Nintendo Network ID as your last 3DS system. As long as you still have your Nintendo Network ID, you should be able to redownload your purchased DLC for free.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
*facepalm* Don't you think you should've looked this up before trading your 3DS? That was a bad move.

Here's why.

You need both 3DS's. If the other person doesn't let you use your original 3DS then you can't get your stuff.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
TurboLink TurboLink Your hyperlink doesn't lead me anywhere. Also, I can use my old 3DS. I traded it with my friend, so if I need both, I can use them.
Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Would you mind if you explained how I do that?
Contact Nintendo Support through your phone.

Explain your situation, answer the questions they ask regarding your system. If you still have the box for the original 3DS it will help make the process go smoother.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My 3DS's circle stick thing broke, so I decided to trade my 3DS with someone else. Luckily, everything transfers via SD card... except DLC content. I had the all fighter's bundle, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonetta, and Dreamland 64 (basically everything I really need, except Inkling. I want that Inkling some day). I don't believe I should have to pay for the DLC again just because they used cheap plastic for a crucial component of the system. So, is there any way to get it without repaying for all of it?
Did you buy a new 3DS and do the system transfer? If you didn't do it and just save the SD card that was on your 3DS, you are quite in a big trouble.
My old 3DS' circle pad broke early 2015, so I bought my New 3DS XL and perform system transfer, which was a bit terrifying when the first time I tried it failed to transfer my NNID due to my old 3DS failed to connect to Wifi at that time. Fortunately the old 3DS' data didn't get wipe out (But the new one did, but there wasn't anything much there since I had just bought it.) even my system transfer failed. However I still get my old 3DS' circle pad fixed and sell it with a fair price. The old 3DS was completely empty, I don't really need to worry about my NNID or FCs since it's already on my New 3DS.
Every 3DS can only have one NNID and FCs, NNID can be created both on your Wii U or 3DS/New 3DS. If you created your NNID on your Wii U, it can be brought to your 3DS, and vice versa. You can share Eshop balance if your Wii U and 3DS has the same NNID. But the criteria is taht both Wii U and 3DS has to be on the same region. I don't really know if I can put my NNID to my brother's Japanese Wii U, but I'm not gonna try that.
And doing the SD card transfer was also kind of disturbing, I have experience when my SD card data get corrupted due to many reasons like your SD card's quality, your PC/laptop, etc.

If you did do system transfer successfully and use the same data/SD card. Your DLC should be there. And even if your SD card's data got wipe out, you should be able to redownload everything you purchased on eshop for free. But your save data are lost forever though...

DR. Batt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Danpyre
Good news, SD card doesn't appear to have been wiped at all. Gonna try this when I get home. Thanks so much guys!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I forgot about this, but it worked!!! Thank you all!!!
Your're welcome!
Just don't swap SD cards, or pull out your SD card that often. The chance of your SD card being corrupted will be low.
Also try not to DD post.

NDS-Boy

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowMetalMario
3DS FC
1633-4789-4746
You need to reconnect your Nintendo Network Identification (NNID) in your 3DS, if you want to recover your stuffs. but I think you need to erase it from your old 3DS if you want it works. (I'm not sure at 100%, but that's what I apologize)

Top Bottom