• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anyone test waveshining for me?

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone tell me if fox's waveshine connects at low percentages? I just started doing it today, and i cant seem to get it often. Thanks and appreciated.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Wha-?
There is no wavedash in Brawl.
You can't waveshine unless you can wavedash.
If you're asking about Melee, the shine has a set knockback so you can waveshine at any percent.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
No it won't work. Sorry. Your best bet is dair -> shine chase into a dash or grab.

Btw slightly off topic, i got my first infinite shine in an online match today on delfino plaza. It only lasted from 12% -> 50% though because the stage took off again. Even so, so much fun :p

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
To my knowledge it doesn't work, not infinitely anyway - a good character will escape it. The knockback seems to be just out of initial dashing range and you just can't cover the ground fast enough to trap somebody.

It's too bad really.

DarthAardvark

Smash Rookie
it'll connect at any percent, and you'll actually have a better chance of chaining them at lower percent. keep in mind people with swords wont usually let you do so.

isn't it also called the shinedash?
in the execution of it, you tap the dash, press jump as you would a short hop and then down special, the biggest hang up is probably in the stick.

keep the directions really different and try not to "slur" it across or you may end up illusioning off the stage. also it seems like you need to hold special just a little bit more than the jump. which should be completely "unpressed" by the time you start pressing special.
its alot like dashing to a shorthop footstool shine

at least this has what has worked for me.

ps. you really really don't want to spam this move

Top Bottom