• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can any tech savy dude help me out? (repost from /r/ssb64)

ClickDecision

Smash Rookie
I've learned everything i have up til now by playing online and I have no interest in ever getting used to playing on a 64 controller. I've tried the hori but it's so small and cramped that I don't like that either. Really the only thing I'm comfortable with is a playstation or Xbox pad. Now I've seen guys use a keyboard to play so certainly there's gotta be an option for someone like me yeah? Like really what I'd want is if someone could mod me a custom adapter and I could pay you for your service. That'd be amazing. But yeah just to reiterate I really have no desire to learn any standard controller. If you can help me out in some way that'd be really great. Thanks : )

Last edited:

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure LD and Ownasaurus are working on making xbox adapters for sale, but there aren't any available for sale at the moment.
http://pastebin.com/wqkDQqJW
This has instructions on how to make your own adapter for keyboard and xbox if you are willing to put in the effort to make one.

ClickDecision

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure LD and Ownasaurus are working on making xbox adapters for sale, but there aren't any available for sale at the moment.
http://pastebin.com/wqkDQqJW
This has instructions on how to make your own adapter for keyboard and xbox if you are willing to put in the effort to make one.

Is there anyone else I can get a hold of that would be able to help me? I really just wanna get this over with but I don't have any experience in this myself otherwise I'd have done it a while ago. With how expensive I hear this is I'd rather not trial and error my money down the toilet either. I pull my hair out putting trying to follow the instructions when I buy something from office depot lol so this would only drive me up a wall haha~ But yeah if you can get in me in touch with someone or direct me that'd be awesome.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
You could probably reach reach LD through kaillera or Discord. You could possibly ask one of them or Karajan, he's the admin of the Worldwide SSB64 facebook page. He could probably make you one himself for but probably for a few hundred dollars.
I would probably wait for LD and Owna to make a more affordable and better adapter though, but who know how long that will take.

Top Bottom