• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Campy marth tips

Loopy

Smash Rookie
So both my friends play marth and we're getting into competitive and I notice they wait for me to attack and grab me or they out-space me with their sword. Trying to avoid this I watched some videos and I notice people will nair SHFFL and go right into a grab/gentleman without getting punished. I try this but I still get punished even with L-cancelling. So i'm wondering how to improve that. Other things they do are spam dash attacks or run up to me and side-b and I can't get past the rang so I go up to avoid it but by the time I'm above them they're out of the side-b and can up-tilt me while i get stuck on the platform. I can't seem to find a way around this so any tips would be appreciated.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Work on your baiting. I would dash dance a lot and platform waveland a lot, in attempts to bait out an Fsmash or dash attack. Double jump->stomp or knee is also a good approach/baiting option.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
definitely try dashdancing more. wait for them to throw out moves before you go in to attack. that will be a staple of your falcon approaches.

It sounds like theyre approaching you quite a bit without a problem. if theyre throwing out dash attacks i find those very easy to shieldgrab if you know its coming. same with side-b but those might be a bit harder to shield grab. if you also can tell theyre going to approach you can try throwing out some standing nairs for them to walk into.

Top Bottom